• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

hahahahahaha, i love the clutching of straws, i bet he scores "blinding" goals on the training pitch as well.

To be fair to the slow donkey, a couple of good dinks and passes but his overall play as a goalscorer is poor. He has terrible spatial awareness, he was offside too many times to mention and he wasn't passed to a lot because he clearly didn't know where the last man was. On 58 minutes, he had a sitter, just needed to slide it in, but touch of a rapist where it matters again.
No surprise he was the first man subbed, and the moment Nkodou came in, we saw pace and energy which this guy patently doesn't have.

Absolute classic from someone who two days ago wanted to bring in Defoe.
He had one chance in the and certainly wasn't a sitter. The problems lie behind him, we are creating very little.52hz

From what I've seen he's done none of the following:

Missed sitters
Looked to pass when he's had a clear sight on goal
Slowed play down unnecessarily
Lost the ball stupidly

So, in my book, he's currently looking a lot more promising than No-goal-dado

au contraire, its very amusing to see people making a case for a clearly limited player.

Well last season he did not score his first goal until his 10th match on 4th October and ended the season with 28 goals for his club so I would suggest you take a step back before you write him off else you could end up looking a right mug on here

Absolute classic from someone who two days ago wanted to bring in Defoe.
He had one chance in the and certainly wasn't a sitter. The problems lie behind him, we are creating very little.52hz

you'd expect Kane to put that chance away,
and I don't remember saying bring in defoe ?

Well last season he did not score his first goal until his 10th match on 4th October and ended the season with 28 goals for his club so I would suggest you take a step back before you write him off else you could end up looking a right mug on here

oh, the thought of looking a right mug on an internet message board, that gives me sleepless nights.

i feel sorry for vincent, the stats above sum up my point on spatial awareness, this graphic tells me the game is moving too quickly for him and he's having trouble adjusting to the pace of it, it could also mean his fellow players don't want to give him the ball as well.

could be he is just following the coach's instructions ?
or the other players can't get the ball to him i.e. a matter of understanding that will take time?

in any case, i still thing its worrying though.

Should've gotten the ball at least two times from team mates yesterday when he probably would've scored. Not sure why he wasnt passed to. And no, he wasn't offside.

i feel sorry for vincent, the stats above sum up my point on spatial awareness, this graphic tells me the game is moving too quickly for him and he's having trouble adjusting to the pace of it, it could also mean his fellow players don't want to give him the ball as well.

I'd be interested how you think this supports your points on spatial awareness.

Not a surprise really, eriksen kept blazing over the bar, son turning inside and losing the ball and Lamela getting mugged with the ball.

And played well in all of them! (Well I didn't watch the whole game last night but seemed good the parts I saw).

Not his best game for Spurs last night IMO. But he was up against two monster centre halves and wasn't helped by all the AMs also having an off day trying to over elaborate everything. Patience is required with VJ and I am sure he will come good. Needs to watch the offsides though, a bit like Defoe, but if he scores as many goals for us as Jermaine did, I think we would all be happy!

If it was Janssen not Son who took too long and fluffed his second chance (after the goal) people would be castigating him. Janssen had one really good chance which he had to take first time, it went wide. He just needs confidence, if you're fluid, not over thinking, those ones fly in. Only his second start leading the line! Without Kane.

If it was Janssen not Son who took too long and fluffed his second chance (after the goal) people would be castigating him. Janssen had one really good chance which he had to take first time, it went wide. He just needs confidence, if you're fluid, not over thinking, those ones fly in. Only his second start leading the line! Without Kane.
Good point, son had what 3 three chances and fluffed two and really the keeper made a fudge of the goal rather than being a good finish.

Back