• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Gullit is a clown, twice for second goal Janssen moved into position to RECEIVE the ball in SUPPORT of son when he had no one else to pass to.
Janssen could easily have stood in the middle waiting on a ball that was unlikely to get to him.
It was a great goal from son, no doubt but don't forget he dribbled into a corner and lost it rather than pass and only won it back due some suicidal defending.

Gullit is a clown, twice for second goal Janssen moved into position to RECEIVE the ball in SUPPORT of son when he had no one else to pass to.
Janssen could easily have stood in the middle waiting on a ball that was unlikely to get to him.
It was a great goal from son, no doubt but don't forget he dribbled into a corner and lost it rather than pass and only won it back due some suicidal defending.
Yep. I don't put much stock in his opinion.

What Gullit missed is why we were so good in the first half and not so good in the second half? The reason - VJs play. In the first half he was running the channels, pulling defenders all over the place and creating space and chances for others. In the second half he stayed much more central ( as Gullit wanted) . The result, we looked congested in and around the penalty area and created diddly squat.

Conclusion, ignore the dingbat Gullit and keep on doing what you are good at, VJ, then the goals will come as they did in Holland.

oh dear, this is so soldado-esque, all the apologists are loving Jansenn's hold-up play, Pochettino had a 4-5-1 formation, you don't pick the target man to set up somebody else. I want to be proved wrong about this guy but Gullit made some astute observations, Son had to go round him to score his 2nd. You don't need to score from 20 yards to be a top goalscorer but you need to be in the right place at the right time, look at how a player like Aguero moves and then watch this bloke lumber around. :(

Glad you don't pick the team.

I think a primary role of our striker is to hold the ball up. How long did it take for Kane to score goals? I'm sure you were one of the people that was saying that Kane would never make it. I'm pretty sure Janssen will prove you wrong.

Exactly. So long as we are winning and he is contributing to that, then I don't see what the problem is.
Although I agree with gist of what is being said about VJ , I do think he needs to bang in some goals for his confidence, because at times it looks like he is rushing chances that he has more time to execute. That said I don't think goals will be a problem. He has a long way to go before we compare him to Soldado.

With our build up play hardly surprising he's struggling, three times I'm the first 3 mins of the 2nd he was in a good position to receive the simple ball and we played the difficult one to someone else.

And should have had a pen tonight as well as a blinding finish for his offside goal

hahahahahaha, i love the clutching of straws, i bet he scores "blinding" goals on the training pitch as well.

To be fair to the slow donkey, a couple of good dinks and passes but his overall play as a goalscorer is poor. He has terrible spatial awareness, he was offside too many times to mention and he wasn't passed to a lot because he clearly didn't know where the last man was. On 58 minutes, he had a sitter, just needed to slide it in, but touch of a rapist where it matters again.
No surprise he was the first man subbed, and the moment Nkodou came in, we saw pace and energy which this guy patently doesn't have.

hahahahahaha, i love the clutching of straws, i bet he scores "blinding" goals on the training pitch as well.

To be fair to the slow donkey, a couple of good dinks and passes but his overall play as a goalscorer is poor. He has terrible spatial awareness, he was offside too many times to mention and he wasn't passed to a lot because he clearly didn't know where the last man was. On 58 minutes, he had a sitter, just needed to slide it in, but touch of a rapist where it matters again.
No surprise he was the first man subbed, and the moment Nkodou came in, we saw pace and energy which this guy patently doesn't have.

It's always amusing when someone talks themselves into an increasingly exaggerated position.

However we saw pace and energy in the wide position with no one in the middle to feed off it

And that shot on 58 minute wasn't a sitter at all as it was a first time shot from a fast paced ball

And I'm sure he does score great goals in training otherwise he wouldn't get picked

Of course he will be judged on his goal tally, but he offers a lot. He seems to link up with our three AM rather well. Against a high pressing defence I think he will be more useful as long as he doesn't stray offside.

The goals will come. Last season he didn't start scoring until a good few months into the season, then a deluge followed.

Back