• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I am most amused that people are writing Janssen are writing off because he has not found his groove in late September. Heck, by that token we might as well just sell him along with Harry Kane right now, because it is not like Kane has a history of being prolific in August and September.

I am most amused that people are writing Janssen are writing off because he has not found his groove in late September. Heck, by that token we might as well just sell him along with Harry Kane right now, because it is not like Kane has a history of being prolific in August and September.

I've said that to my mates... However we have an abundance of fans with short memory's and little patience

Well I disagree profoundly, simply because of the number of times he scores when by rights most fans would say he should have passed to someone supposedly better placed rather than take a pop. Point is we never know before he hits the bloody thing which shot is going to result in a goal and which is going to hit the corner flag. But it's clear, especially with Harry, that the more pops he has the more goals he scores. That's his game; take it away and you not only stunt the Leagues's most prolific scorer but also in all probability wind up with us missing out on a CL place or something.

Remember Harry is our most prolific scorer since Jimmy Greaves. Fifty years ago! That is one hell of an achievement and one we should be celebrating to the gods every single day.

So I say buy into his trigger-happy tendency and make the most of it whilst it lasts. Otherwise he may end up trigger-happily banging them in for some other top side instead.

You have your view and I respect that, mines is different, no big deal.
For what he means to the and where he's at in terms of age and career development I wouldn't swop Harry for anybody. That's my only small niggly criticism of him.
Nobody is perfect, not even me, despite what my mum says:D

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/09...cent-janssen-says-veteran-dutch-boss/307401/?

Apart from 'Aad De Mos' being a great name, the article doesn't reveal anything we don't already know. But it's useful nonetheless to counter the idea that it's only our 'short-sighted' fans that are looking a bit askance at Janssen. The lad isn't helped by being the first big striker signing since Soldado, though.

There are macarons in all walks of life, not just some of our fans.

Good lad. I wonder if he'll start against West Brom. I'm sure Poch will consider the overall height of our team against a Pulis side who will mainly threaten from set-pieces.

Back