• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Clyne for £12.5m. Trippier for £3.5m. Based on the stats, and the fact that one played for a team that got relegated, while the other played as part of the second-best defensive unit in the league, I get the feeling we ended up with the better deal.

some clubs have talked about not spending the new tv money in order to run a profitable/sustainable football club, but with these new transfers, you can see that this wont really be the case. once someone spends that money, it means all the other clubs have to spend as well in order to fight for prem status. this will lead to a better spectacle for the fans though.

Could lead to a similar situation to Italy in the 90s where the money runs out and the league is left a shell of it's former self. The way money is spent in the Premiership, it isn't sustainable.

Could lead to a similar situation to Italy in the 90s where the money runs out and the league is left a shell of it's former self. The way money is spent in the Premiership, it isn't sustainable.

It is while TV rights money goes up and up.
And they haven't even started exploiting internet tv rights.

debateable. what i would say however is that compared to the spanish and italian teams, the english top flight sides seem to be in better financial shape.

I'm actually going to see Liverpool down here. To be honest, I have no idea which of their stars I'm even partially excited to be seeing.

I know someone who knows Mike Marsh and said they spoke to him last week. He is beside himself with hate for Rodgers, claims he has lost the dressing room and found a spacegoat in him and Pascoe. The handling of the Sterling situation has been the final straw for quite a few players

I know someone who knows Mike Marsh and said they spoke to him last week. He is beside himself with hate for Rodgers, claims he has lost the dressing room and found a spacegoat in him and Pascoe. The handling of the Sterling situation has been the final straw for quite a few players

If this is true, you have to wonder exactly WHO is orchestrating the buys this summer:

Are they buys that are looking towards a new manager before the end of he season (i.e. they expect things to go pear-shaped with Rodgers)?
Or are they actually totally backing him, knowing that he has lost large sections of the dressing room and are giving him enough new faces to make the existing ones eventually need to knuckle down and put their issues with Rodgers behind them and fight for their places (esp in a Euro season)?

Popcorn time either way...

So carragher and gerrard come out slagging sterling off. Can't remember ex Spurs players or any media saying the same about modric or berbatov when they pulled similar stunts? They were just showing ambition apparently but sterling and his agent are the devil, go figure!

So carragher and gerrard come out slagging sterling off. Can't remember ex Spurs players or any media saying the same about modric or berbatov when they pulled similar stunts? They were just showing ambition apparently but sterling and his agent are the devil, go figure!

Players are not allowed to leave United or Liverpool without a massive backlash. How dare anyone upset those two.

What disappoints me is how the rest of the media (i.e. the non ex-scouse/manc minority) don't challenge this at all. Or perhaps they aren't allowed to.

Yes. Have heard similar. Unless he has them at the top of the league come Santa day, I think he will be gone.

£49m for Sterling, £200k a week lunacy

It really is lunacy but I guess it must mean that Emirates Marketing Project really do value him and not just as another homegrown player as some have suggested. I personally think he is overrated and even if he wasn't paying nearly £50m and handing 200k a week to a 20 year old kid is always a mad risk.

He must now be one of the biggest earning players in the world.

Back