• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Having a laugh for 33m, look at Lukaku. Will hit 20+ league goals once then will hang around the 15 mark for the rest of their premier league career.

15 prem goals may seem good but not for 33m. How much did Costa, Aguero, Van Persie cost? The transfer market has gone mad.

Benteke for 30+? Silly. NOT worthy. 15? 20? Perhaps.
Rodgers has gone bonkers, in fact, his signing policy seems like it's caught squarely between trying to build a young squad for the future and trying to save his own arse/not get sacked by Christmas! Sorry, but Ings/Benteke/Sturridge are not going to ever be fit enough to play consistently in ANY format. The Brazilian guy is a gamble. The only signings they've made which look half decent are Clyne and Milner (the best of them) but let's be honest, there looks to be no concrete plan and two average ones which will ultimately leave them struggling to break 6th. I'll nail my colors to the mast and say not one chance of top 4 for this rag-tag bunch.

I think Rodgers is thinking like he is already half way out the door so is just going all out gung ho like he hasn't got anything to lose.

I just don't get why he ditched Andy Carroll pretty much straight away because he wouldn't fit into his style but is now going for Benteke who is the same kind of powerhouse/works best off crosses player.

I don't understand what FSG are up to, it's a world apart from the tactics behind their baseball recruitment, I think they are gambling.

I just don't get why he ditched Andy Carroll pretty much straight away because he wouldn't fit into his style but is now going for Benteke who is the same kind of powerhouse/works best off crosses player.

because he is not in full control of the signings anymore...at the beginning he was and quickly got rid of Carroll. Why would he now buy Benteke and for 32 mill?? makes no sense whatsever. Rodgers is just holding onto his job, he will agree to anything the powers above him want it seems

No matter what they spend right now, Liverpool are very similar to us right now as much as they might not want to admit it. Both looking from the outside in at the top 4, both would do very well to crack it.

For all the grief we received when we sold the likes of Modric, Bale and co about being a selling club, I'm shocked I've not yet read that about them. The similarities are striking too. Torres, Suarez, Sterling. Berbatov, Modric, Bale. Both clubs have flirted with truly breaking into that top group of teams only for the team to lose their star player and to have to start again. It's difficult to see that pattern changing. The only thing that upset the pattern of the last decade was City's windfall. Liverpool dropping out of the top 4 meant we looked to have a sustained period of truly competing with that top tier if not for City.

Now remarkably the two teams sit in a very similar situation. And the task to topple one of the top 4 remains a very difficult one indeed. Money is obviously the key to all of this.

No matter what they spend right now, Liverpool are very similar to us right now as much as they might not want to admit it. Both looking from the outside in at the top 4, both would do very well to crack it.

For all the grief we received when we sold the likes of Modric, Bale and co about being a selling club, I'm shocked I've not yet read that about them. The similarities are striking too. Torres, Suarez, Sterling. Berbatov, Modric, Bale. Both clubs have flirted with truly breaking into that top group of teams only for the team to lose their star player and to have to start again. It's difficult to see that pattern changing. The only thing that upset the pattern of the last decade was City's windfall. Liverpool dropping out of the top 4 meant we looked to have a sustained period of truly competing with that top tier if not for City.

Now remarkably the two teams sit in a very similar situation. And the task to topple one of the top 4 remains a very difficult one indeed. Money is obviously the key to all of this.

All very true, good post. It does feel like groundhog day with every season being a transition season for the most part due to losing players.

Every club is a selling club. Hell, Barca sold Luis Figo to Real Madrid.

All very true, good post. It does feel like groundhog day with every season being a transition season for the most part due to losing players.

Every club is a selling club. Hell, Barca sold Luis Figo to Real Madrid.

Absolutely. Man Utd sold Cristiano. Thing is I think Liverpool should have made Sterling stay IMO. I think they could have made him

Absolutely. Man Utd sold Cristiano. Thing is I think Liverpool should have made Sterling stay IMO. I think they could have made him

It's a nice idea, but it's very hard to force a player to stay. He will simply give less effort. It's not a long term solution unless you can convince them to stay.

I don't get it; is he denying that Benteke's purchase is imminent? Or is he not sure that he was being questioned on his transfer strategy/tactics?

I don't get it; is he denying that Benteke's purchase is imminent? Or is he not sure that he was being questioned on his transfer strategy/tactics?
He doesn't know who Benteke is. Someone just asked if he'd like to waste £32,5 million of someone elses money on an average striker. And being Brendon, you don't pass up an opportunity like that!

Back