• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Should we now list all the clubs that don't have a committee and spent just as badly? I bet there's a lot more of them.

I bet there isn't, I bet there isn't more than 1 top division club in Europe that doesn't have a committee.

I'd also bet on that one club being QPR.

Lol, Lol Lol!!!

You are SERIOUSLY trying to compare us in terms of how we have spent and how we have lost top-class players in the last few years??

When we spent the Bale money we didn't have CL and the associated finances to use when signing players.
When Liverpool lost Suarez they had finished 2nd, guaranteed CL group stages and would have been able to use their Suarez windfall at a MUCH MUCH better advantage when compared to us when we signed Bale.
You or other can talk about how we 'wasted the Bale Millions' but the fact is we 'plummeted' one place (and 3 points) from 5th in 2012/13 to 6th. Meanwhile, when Liverpool spent the Suarez money they plummeted fro 2nd (just missing out on the league by 2 points) to 6th - BEHIND us! Down 4 places and GHod knows how many points.

I'm not even going to talk about transfer fees they pay and wages compared to us...

To even begin to say that the way we went backwards post-Bale was the same as the way they went backwards post-Suarez is almost evidence of excessive narcotic use.

:D

Also, its not easy to lose a world class player who was so influential. There is also a psychological effect on the whole club. To see Bale perform as he did that season and then to see that huge talent and potential leave is really hard to take. How do you find a way to replace such a player, its impossible.

yes, it was Suarez who led their title charge. What he did way surpassed even what bale did for us. 31 goals and 12 direct assists in 33 PL games, i cant remember a player having such an influence, plus his partnership with Sturridge who scored over 20 league goals too. What do you do when you practically lose both the following season, one because of a transfer and the other through injury. Its not easy to replace that kind of impact no matter if you have CL football on offer. After all, how do you convince world class players to go and live in Liverpool :)

I bet there isn't, I bet there isn't more than 1 top division club in Europe that doesn't have a committee.

I'd also bet on that one club being QPR.

Pulis and Bruce definitely shop from their mates. While Mark Hughes doesn't exactly get great value for money, at least he doesn't completely fudge up his clubs.

all im saying is that if people think its shambolic up there then the same could be said of Spurs.......the number of bad buys, the amount of player turnover, we have had 3 managers since Rodgers went up there, the heavy reliance on one player to lift the side above mediocrity and save the skin of the manager, the inability to hold onto your best players. What the heck is the difference? ;)

At this point mate around 150 mill ;-)

Also, its not easy to lose a world class player who was so influential. There is also a psychological effect on the whole club. To see Bale perform as he did that season and then to see that huge talent and potential leave is really hard to take. How do you find a way to replace such a player, its impossible.

yes, it was Suarez who led their title charge. What he did way surpassed even what bale did for us. 31 goals and 12 direct assists in 33 PL games, i cant remember a player having such an influence, plus his partnership with Sturridge who scored over 20 league goals too. What do you do when you practically lose both the following season, one because of a transfer and the other through injury. Its not easy to replace that kind of impact no matter if you have CL football on offer. After all, how do you convince world class players to go and live in Liverpool :)

Gareth Bale covered for the catastrophic loss of Luka Modric (on whom Redknapp built his team I might add), the turmoil that was Harry's DISGRACEFUL behavior for the last 8 months of his reign, the turmoil created when a new manager comes in and the fact that he was basically the only world class player we had. Suarez had Sturridge and Gerrard for a start (and say what you like about Gerrard, THAT is one of Rodger's biggest mistakes, the mishandling of him having got him into a role where he basically dictated the game). I think both Bale and Suarez are fine players, I would ALWAYS have Bale in over Suarez simply because I think he has deeper potential and is a great presence. Suarez is a 'win-at-all-costs' type. It comes down to preference. It would be churlish of me to write him, the man is obviously a wonderful player. But what we had to replace was far far tougher than them IMO.

In fairness, the ONE signing David Brent has made which worries me slightly, is Milner, who I think is a very, very useful player. i remember when we nearly got him along with Lennon, and I was sad we didn't.He divides opinion I know, but if used properly, he is a major asset.

Last edited:
Gareth Bale covered for the catastrophic loss of Luka Modric (on whom Redknapp built his team I might add), the turmoil that was Harry's DISGRACEFUL behavior for the last 8 months of his reign, the turmoil created when a new manager comes in and the fact that he was basically the only world class player we had. Suarez had Sturridge and Gerrard for a start (and say what you like about Gerrard, THAT is one of Rodger's biggest mistakes, the mishandling of him having got him into a role where he basically dictated the game). I think both Bale and Suarez are fine players, I would ALWAYS have Bale in over Suarez simply because I think he has deeper potential and is a great presence. Suarez is a 'win-at-all-costs' type. It comes down to preference. It would be churlish of me to write him, the man is obviously a wonderful player. But what we had to replace was far far tougher than them IMO.

In fairness, the ONE signing David Brent has made which worries me slightly, is Milner, who I think is a very, very useful player. i remember when we nearly got him along with Lennon, and I was sad we didn't.He divides opinion I know, but if used properly, he is a major asset.

Would agree with this, unlike some I am not impressed by the signings L'pool have made so far but Milner would have been a good signing for us.

there is no way Bale is better than Suarez, take your Spurs goggles off. ( I had this opinion before the season just gone ). I rate Bale the 4th best attacker in the world with Suarez 3rd. Theres not much in it but there are things that Suarez can do that Bale can't. You put Suarez in any position and he becomes that position. Force him on the wing for e.g with instructions to stay wide and he will nutmeg defenders for fun before put crosses on a plate for strikers. He's Aguero and Rooney in one plus more.

Liverpools signings cause me no concern whatsoever. If they get Pedro however...

Suarez attitude versus Bale attitude? Makes Bale a much, much more valuable player. Hint...Bale doesn't racially abuse and/ or bite opponents, that's why he would always be in my team ahead of Suarez.

there is no way Bale is better than Suarez, take your Spurs goggles off. ( I had this opinion before the season just gone ). I rate Bale the 4th best attacker in the world with Suarez 3rd. Theres not much in it but there are things that Suarez can do that Bale can't. You put Suarez in any position and he becomes that position. Force him on the wing for e.g with instructions to stay wide and he will nutmeg defenders for fun before put crosses on a plate for strikers. He's Aguero and Rooney in one plus more.

Liverpools signings cause me no concern whatsoever. If they get Pedro however...
Dafuq?

Bale spent a whole season doing that for us.

You are entitled to your opinion. I disagree. I don't wear goggles unless I'm swimming, and even then I don't often. Can Suarez play left-back? Left-wing? Up-top? Stay on the pitch without biting someone or racially abusing them? Delighted for you that you had that opinion before the season just gone; I didn't. I prefer Bale.

Dafuq?

Bale spent a whole season doing that for us.

Right. The only thing Bale cannot do which Suarez can, is act like a total (and utter) clam. He is a great player, but IF you are going to be great AND a clam, you need to do it with the sort or rogue-infested charm Maradona carried (and he wasn't for everyone!)...

not for me, not even close, Suarez is a very dangerous forward but Bale is far superior, the difference in athleticism alone is huge

yeah id take Suarez instead of Bale, but only just. Just imagine we could have had them in the same team at Spurs if it wasnt for Redknapp, Sherwood and Ferdinand deciding between them that Suarez wasnt a player we needed :eek:

Serious? the fact that Bale is a better athlete is why I put Suarez as a better footballer as he relies less on physical attributes and more on skill and brains.

When Bales athletisism deserts him he will be a much less of a player. Suarez will off course also lose pace and tenacity but he will still have his skill and eye for an assist/goal.
This is coming from somebody who shed a small tear when Bale left us and hates Suarez.. but there is no way a neutral will want Bale in their team over Suarez.

1) Suarez can do more on and off the ball in more positions on the pitch.

2) Suarez scores more and needs way way way less chances in front of goal

3) Suarez sets ups more chances

4) Suarez brings others into play

5) Suarez works harder

6) Suarez has more BITE

7) Most importantly teams can play a variety of different tactics with him in the team as opposed to just pass to feet as you would with bale. How many times does Bale hold the ball up? Run in behind? Occupy more than one defender with decoy runs? Suarez is not only a better individual but makes the team gel.

Last edited:
very, Suarez had the better season last year sure, other than point 6 I give Bale the advantage in all of those areas

I think you would be surprised on the neutrals view as well

very, Suarez had the better season last year sure, other than point 6 I give Bale the advantage in all of those areas

I think you would be surprised on the neutrals view as well

most neutrals/football fans have very short term memory. last year suarez received far more plaudits than bale, so on that basis, i think most neutrals would think suarez is better. however, for me suarez has been the better player for a couple seasons now. but bale is younger, so you never know what may happen in the future.

that would be incredibly short term, the prior season Bale single handedly won Madrid their 10th European Cup and won the Super Bowl for the Seahawks, that's not to mention winning the Americas cup solo without getting his feet wet

I heard a couple nights ago that Rodgers was gone. Hiddink in. Tonight Hiddink resigns... gulp! Was told it was happening July 1st.

Back