• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

The lack of games they have played is a huge part of why they have done so well, they have a tiny squad and wouldve struggled if they hadve been in say the EL and gone a distance in the competition

Yup, that combined with getting knocked out of both domestic cups in the early stages certainly seems to have helped Liverpool' players stay fresh and contributed to this 10 game winning streak they're on.

Looking through the archives, our longest winning streak in the Premier League stands at 6 games at the start of the 11/12 season, back in the good olde days when we could thrash Liverpool 4-0.

I'd like to see Liverpool win it this season.

On the 29th anniversary of Heysel it would be a fitting tribute.

Isn't that cos justice was dished out immediately? From what I remember, those to blame got imprisoned soon enough. Hillsborough is entirely different and comparing the two proves one of two things: a) your pathetic hatred of all things other clubs gets in the way of impartiality; b) you're thick as pig****.

Mate they are four games away from the TITLE. That's a little more than just being in a good situation because of injuries. (Never mind they've left Suarez and Sturridge to injuries anyway at times)

They are simply nowhere near City and Chelsea.

I agree with you BOL much as I hate the club. But it does strike me that they are a tad lucky too, I mean the likes of Chelsea losing at home to Sunderland or City 'drawing at home to the same team. I mean really if this was Spurs in Liverpool's position you just know those aforementioned results would be wins for our nearest challengers.

We blew our chances, or more precisely, our 'managers' blew our chances (one in particular)...what Rodgers has done, aside from knowing how to set his sides up, is make their players understand what it means to wear that shirt for their fans in that stadium. It is something I desperately wanted to believe one of our recent managers could do. Indeed, imagine if Redknapp had shown the focus and desire in '12 that Rodgers is showing now? THAT side could've won the league just like this Liverpool, but they lost their compass right when they needed it most. If anything, and this is probably just me so flame away, if Liverpool win the title, it will further underscore how ****ing furious I remain at Redknapp's failure and lack of culpability. Because you're right. It should've been us!!!

Great post Steff sums up my feelings too. Although I have got to say that Spurs seems cursed when it comes to being successful. I still harbour some hope we can come good like Liverpool after all they have been ****e for some time and out of the Champs league for several seasons but it hasn't stopped them putting together an awesome team this season.

Great post Steff sums up my feelings too. Although I have got to say that Spurs seems cursed when it comes to being successful. I still harbour some hope we can come good like Liverpool after all they have been ****e for some time and out of the Champs league for several seasons but it hasn't stopped them putting together an awesome team this season.

I have to say there is some truth to this IMO mate…I look at last season and cannot wrap my head around the fact we had one of the world's best players on fire, said-player got over 10 bookings (mostly for 'diving') and we did not get ONE penalty last season…I also found myself drifting to last season's Fulham match, the 0-1, arguably a result which cost us top 4, and thinking about how unlucky we have been...

Isn't that cos justice was dished out immediately? From what I remember, those to blame got imprisoned soon enough. Hillsborough is entirely different and comparing the two proves one of two things: a) your pathetic hatred of all things other clubs gets in the way of impartiality; b) you're thick as pig****.

:ross:

No, it's because an entire chunk of what is unfortunately still a part of our country likes to play the victim and likes to keep very, very quiet about them killing a bunch of football fans.

Nobody is comparing the two, simply suggesting that if you try and bend people's hearts saying how fitting it would be to win the league an arbitrary number of years after an event, it's equally fair for someone else to pick another event and another arbitrary number.

So let's all hope Liverpool win the league - a fitting tribute on the 29th anniversary of Heysel.

It is only fitting that Liverpool will win the league on the 28th anniversary of the first episode of Bread.

chelsea can still do their bit, assuming city win all their remaining games, its straw clutching now though

i've had to turn my phone off as i'm being inundated by gloating texts from people i've not spoken to in years

the dippers are terrible losers and even worse winners

Liverpool play the opposite way round to us. Start quickly with a high tempo blow the opposition away then slow down as the game wears on. The high tempo does knacker them out but they are usually a couple of goals to the good by the time the other team gets back into it. I am sure the master tactician Mourinho will find away of letting them come at his team, defend well, and the beat them when they start to flag. I also wonder if they can keep up this style of play next season when they are in Europe.

I used to have a bit of a soft spot for Liverpool back in the day but the last few years they have shown a lack of class and have acted like spoilt children. The media **** licking and the fans thinking they are the best team in the world makes my stomach turn.

I think i may be a little bitter as they have been competing with us for a while now and have stepped up while we have reached our peak and have years to go before we can challenge for the title.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says he used the words of Hillsborough campaigner Margaret Aspinall to inspire his team to a 3-2 victory at Norwich.

Aspinall's son James died in the tragedy which took the lives of 96 Liverpool fans in 1989.

She spoke during a memorial service at Anfield on Tuesday to mark the 25th anniversary of the disaster.

"She talked about stress - it can prove difficult but can also offer you great determination to fight," said Rodgers.

Those were words we gave the players before the game. We stuck them on the wall.

"It is a club that is as one at the moment - and we are all fighting to achieve the ultimate goal."

Liverpool's win at Carrow Road moved them five points clear at the top of the Premier League with three games remaining - against Chelsea, Crystal Palace and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

The win has guaranteed a Champions League group-stage spot for next season and, at present, the Reds need seven points from those matches to secure their first league title since 1990.

Goals from Raheem Sterling and Luis Suarez put Liverpool ahead at Norwich before Gary Hooper pulled one back. Sterling restored the two-goal cushion before a dogged Canaries side set up a tense finish after Robert Snodgrass headed in.

Sterling's two goals took the 19-year-old's tally to nine for the league season and Rodgers was full of praise for the young forward.

"He is arguably the best young player in European football at the moment," the manager added.

"I've been really pleased with his maturity. He puts an awful lot of time into his work. We've tried to play him in different positions to improve his football intelligence.

"He is a really humble kid and it has been great to see."

Rodgers added: "You have seen all the characteristics of our team - wonderful invention, creativity, arrogance on the ball, goalscoring as well as young and senior players playing in a structure that allows them to express themselves.

"In addition, we have had to show the courage to dig in and fight away from home against a team that is fighting for its life to stay in the division."

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says he used the words of Hillsborough campaigner Margaret Aspinall to inspire his team to a 3-2 victory at Norwich.

Aspinall's son James died in the tragedy which took the lives of 96 Liverpool fans in 1989.

She spoke during a memorial service at Anfield on Tuesday to mark the 25th anniversary of the disaster.

"She talked about stress - it can prove difficult but can also offer you great determination to fight," said Rodgers.

Those were words we gave the players before the game. We stuck them on the wall.

"It is a club that is as one at the moment - and we are all fighting to achieve the ultimate goal."

Liverpool's win at Carrow Road moved them five points clear at the top of the Premier League with three games remaining - against Chelsea, Crystal Palace and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

The win has guaranteed a Champions League group-stage spot for next season and, at present, the Reds need seven points from those matches to secure their first league title since 1990.

Goals from Raheem Sterling and Luis Suarez put Liverpool ahead at Norwich before Gary Hooper pulled one back. Sterling restored the two-goal cushion before a dogged Canaries side set up a tense finish after Robert Snodgrass headed in.

Sterling's two goals took the 19-year-old's tally to nine for the league season and Rodgers was full of praise for the young forward.

"He is arguably the best young player in European football at the moment," the manager added.

"I've been really pleased with his maturity. He puts an awful lot of time into his work. We've tried to play him in different positions to improve his football intelligence.

"He is a really humble kid and it has been great to see."

Rodgers added: "You have seen all the characteristics of our team - wonderful invention, creativity, arrogance on the ball, goalscoring as well as young and senior players playing in a structure that allows them to express themselves.

"In addition, we have had to show the courage to dig in and fight away from home against a team that is fighting for its life to stay in the division."

And here it begins.

Prepare to never, ever not be hearing about this ever again.

11 PL wins on the trot, 16 PL games unbeaten. It's an incredible stat, to be fair.

Thoroughly deserved if they pull this off, but if I was a Liverpool fan, I'd be worried about that unbeaten run - for every win, their next loss gets closer. Will they have a banana skin moment this season, like Chelski last weekend, or will they manage to keep it going? If Mourinho pulls of a win at Anfield, it will be a nerve wrecking trip to Palace for sure. Much will depend on how City do there next weekend - if City win that game and away to Everton (which I doubt), then Liverpool will travel to Palace knowing they must win, and probably by a good margin to, in order to match City's goal difference.

This could be an epic run in!

So Liverpool are going to make major changes to their team in the summer. Do they not learn from us? I hope they buy 5 or 6 players and **** it up. I'm confident they will struggle to get 4th next season. They have taken advantage of the transitional period for pretty much all of the top 5 this season and i think it will be different next season.

Back