• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

So Liverpool are going to make major changes to their team in the summer. Do they not learn from us? I hope they buy 5 or 6 players and **** it up. I'm confident they will struggle to get 4th next season. They have taken advantage of the transitional period for pretty much all of the top 5 this season and i think it will be different next season.

They have to add to their team. They'll have a ton more games next season and I think they've been lucky with injuries this season. They cannot expect Gerrard to play like that twice a week, even they even expect him to play like that once a week next season.

They have two players out, Sturridge and Henderson and they're close to bare bones time in midfield/attack. Teams like ourselves and Arsenal have been dreaming of only having two "attacking" players injured all season.

So Liverpool are going to make major changes to their team in the summer. Do they not learn from us? I hope they buy 5 or 6 players and **** it up. I'm confident they will struggle to get 4th next season. They have taken advantage of the transitional period for pretty much all of the top 5 this season and i think it will be different next season.

Depending on the manager we get it's going to be an interesting top 4 battle. Liverpool will have to strengthen. If they look abroad to fill out their squad for the CL games then a lot of these players will take time to settle as ours did, only ours will be a year along their development in England. That will stunt them a bit because the core of their team is settled in the PL this season already.

Same for Man United. Apparently their board is arrogantly selling next season as 'the comeback season' to prospective players, but with them I can see a lot of trip ups if they make the same level of upheaval as we did. Chelsea or City will be locks for top 2 next year I think, but the other 2 spots will be quite open.

Depending on the manager we get it's going to be an interesting top 4 battle. Liverpool will have to strengthen. If they look abroad to fill out their squad for the CL games then a lot of these players will take time to settle as ours did, only ours will be a year along their development in England. That will stunt them a bit because the core of their team is settled in the PL this season already.

Same for Man United. Apparently their board is arrogantly selling next season as 'the comeback season' to prospective players, but with them I can see a lot of trip ups if they make the same level of upheaval as we did. Chelsea or City will be locks for top 2 next year I think, but the other 2 spots will be quite open.

Agreed.

I think there's a real chance Liverpool get a "Saudi Sportswashing Machine into the EL"-esque reaction next season, although obviously much less severe.

If they take the title, Rodgers will be able to strengthen in key positions. I think next season will be titanic. We have to hope L'**** continue as they have been IMO, because i think Liverpool could be onto something here...

What the point be anyway?

It'd either be a £4,200 fine or a 12 year strictly enforced transfer embargo that'd be rescinded within 45 minutes

What the point be anyway?

It'd either be a £4,200 fine or a 12 year strictly enforced transfer embargo that'd be rescinded within 45 minutes

Very true of course. Personally I think clubs should be allowed to field whatever team they like from their 25 man squads. But FA set a dangerous precedent when they punished smaller clubs for daring to think more about themselves than the title race, which is why I question whether there will be similar consequences for Chelski in this instant.

Very true of course. Personally I think clubs should be allowed to field whatever team they like from their 25 man squads. But FA set a dangerous precedent when they punished smaller clubs for daring to think more about themselves than the title race, which is why I question whether there will be similar consequences for Chelski in this instant.

I think there have already been instances with larger clubs resting players at least, possibly also situations where smaller clubs did the same.

I think the FA realized that it was a bad idea in the first place and have stopped doing it.

who are they to say whats a "weaker" team, they can't judge the mental state and physical fatigue of players can they

The whole thing with Mourinho resting players could be a double bluff. Make Liverpool think they will walk the game. Lampard and Mikel are suspended for the 2nd leg, they will play. Matic is cup tied, he will play. Can't see it being a team of Nabil Bentalebs (by that I mean people we haven't heard of)

The whole thing with Mourinho resting players could be a double bluff. Make Liverpool think they will walk the game. Lampard and Mikel are suspended for the 2nd leg, they will play. Matic is cup tied, he will play. Can't see it being a team of Nabil Bentalebs (by that I mean people we haven't heard of)

I think you mean bluff rather than a double bluff (which would be actually playing the reserves when everyone thinks he's bluffing and will put out a strong team).

Chelsea's 2nd XI would still cost about 10x that of Liverpools starting XI.

BBC said the FA stopped punishing teams for playing weakened sides after Blackpool did it in 2011. Unless they fielded a bunch of u21s and didn't use their 25 man squad they'll be fine.

Yep, there are a few players that won't be in the 2nd leg of the CL semi anyway for various reasons so they'll get a run out. It's not in Mourinho's nature to give up when there is a chance, albeit a small one, so I'd expect a strong line-up.

Chelsea's 2nd XI would still cost about 10x that of Liverpools starting XI.

BBC said the FA stopped punishing teams for playing weakened sides after Blackpool did it in 2011. Unless they fielded a bunch of u21s and didn't use their 25 man squad they'll be fine.

Liverpool have still spent serious money over the last few years, they are not the plucky underdogs that their ex-players in the media try to make out.

Bored out my brains here waiting to leave for Stoke in a few hours so I've read the first few pages of this thread and it doesn't make good reading for some of our lot. Few posters took the **** out of the fact that they were slightly bigger faves to get top four than us in pre season, someone saying even in September that they would would finish lower than sixth and Jordinho quoted this post (presumably from a Liverpool forum, dunno):

Spurs seem to be just signing flavours of the month ever since Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas took over don't get me wrong they have signed some good players,but without any coherent transfer strategy in place is Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas putting the cart before the horse in terms of stamping his own style and methods on the team.Pardew done the same thing with Saudi Sportswashing Machine last year bringing players in in bulk probably not of the same quality but if the players are not singing off the same hymn sheet it can lead to problems,as demonstrated by Saudi Sportswashing Machine last year.

Which actually annoyingly turned out to be bang on the money.

No wonder they had a laugh at us on their forums if they read some of the crap in here. Some of our internet fans right get on my tits with their arrogance.. I can't believe how confident some of yous lot were looking back, we lost one of the best players in Europe and replaced him with mostly dross, teams like Liverpool and Everton improved loads over 2013.

Back