• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I agree with all of that, and I have laughed as much as anyone at Liverpool's 4 years in the doldrums.

But what they are doing now is fantastic. They haven't spent billions, they've just made good footballing decisions. They hired the right man. They gave him time. They signed good players and gave them a system to reach their potential. They held on to their best player and watched him hit world class status.

Any crowing they do if they win the title, frankly they deserve it. It will be one of the best stories of the PL era IMO. I'm usually the furthest person from a Steve G lovefest but even I really want to see it happen for him this year. It would be just be a great story and if it can't be us, the club that actually shows what can be achieved with a bit of patience, structure and planning is a bloody nice thing to see.

Disagree, Pool has won the lotto just as much as City/Cheat$ki.

They were massively in debt and managed to force a change in ownership and **** the outgoing guy with the debt, and very quickly have built back up more debt (Still manageable).

Horrible PR, horrible backing of racist behavior, very little acknowledgement of inappropriateness of employee behavior.

Rodgers appointment, lack of games (Europe commitment), luck with injuries and one player in the form of his life has created a good situation for them, I really don't see it as a "master plan"

I really hope those of you above saying you would rather see l'**** or Chelsea win the league are having the rest of us on. Absolutely pathetic if not, should be ashamed of yourselves... they are and always will be our main rivals, Liverpool fans won't give two ****s about us now they're ahead of us again, Arsenal and Chelsea fans even when successful will annoy the living **** out of us because it's in their nature to rub in every success and try to belittle us at every opportunity.

I can only assume it is our gloryhunting additions of the last few years who would rather see ****/Chels win a trophy. They are the most despicable clubs on the planet.

=D>

Although to be fair, I think it perhaps is age-dependant? Younger supporters and all? I don't know but yes, I hate them both and West Ham much much more...

Liverpool fans genuinely believe they've had the best squads on paper every season for the last 24 seasons and have only been prevented from retaining THEIR title through an FA/Fergie conspiracy, occasionally helped out by things like Hodgson's incompetence or just sheer bad luck. They TRULY believe that outside forces have conspired against them and have come up with elaborate explanations why they were the moral, more deserving winners.

Being a football fan is a bit like being religious at times, but the most deluded, insane, wack-a-doodle cults out there have nothing on the Liverpool fan base when it comes to plain refusing to accept the obvious.

I can handle Pool winning the league if in that same season Arsenal drop out of the top 4.

But **** me it's going to be nasty with the Pool fans. Case in point I grew up playing the game with a bunch of them. One in particular I was good mates with, we used to bet a carton each season on who would finish higher - Spurs or Pool. Needless to say, he got a few free beers out of me (at least we'd drink them together).

We sort of went our separate ways when I moved and each had kids. Hadn't heard from him for years, which I had never won myself a carton for the years we were on top.

Low and behold wouldn't you know earlier this season I get a text telling me which beer he'd like this year.

So I replied sure - ill send it over as soon as I receive my 5 cartons of Vale Ale.

Never heard back from him

As individuals they are nice guys, collectively they are cubts.

Look at the ******* after that night in Istanbul. And then the sooking after when they hadn't qualified for the following seasons comp so they change the rules to squeeze them in.

Nope - I'm not going to like it. One. Bit. Come on you City.

Liverpool fans genuinely believe they've had the best squads on paper every season for the last 24 seasons and have only been prevented from retaining THEIR title through an FA/Fergie conspiracy, occasionally helped out by things like Hodgson's incompetence or just sheer bad luck. They TRULY believe that outside forces have conspired against them and have come up with elaborate explanations why they were the moral, more deserving winners.

Being a football fan is a bit like being religious at times, but the most deluded, insane, wack-a-doodle cults out there have nothing on the Liverpool fan base when it comes to plain refusing to accept the obvious.

This ... again and again ..

likewise, get texts every weekend from people I've not heard from in years, my arsenal/Chelsea mates have the grace to at least be consistent

when I was at school there was 3 of us, to about 20 dippers, not a single other club was represented, in Essex

Last edited:
I have followed Spurs since the very early 80's

Make no mistake, Arsenal and Chelsea are Spur's rivals and as such I wish the pox on them and their families daily.

However, there honestly is no more dislikeable & deluded club than Pool, add the fact that 70% of the media is ex Pool. Anyone who disagrees, just go read some of the drivel on RAWK (the worst day and worst posters on GG would be the best on RAWK), their sense of entitlement, victim mentality is worse than any other club. They have been horribly obnoxious without success, I remember when they were successful how obnoxious they were then, unfortunately we have modern media and the internet to dial the level up now.

Never judge a club by it's internet forums.

Have you been up there? I've been about a dozen times and never had anything less than a top away day (even when the result has been ****e) and have always ended up having a few with Scousers who have been repeatedly decent and fine company. I'm never sure if the people who hate them so much have spent any time with them? In fact, as far as Northern awaydays go, I think that's about the friendliest I consistently know of.

Where are you seeing this? On internet forums? Christ, ours must make magnificent reading in contrast! Seriously, I don't get it mate…

Never judge a club by it's internet forums.

Have you been up there? I've been about a dozen times and never had anything less than a top away day (even when the result has been ****e) and have always ended up having a few with Scousers who have been repeatedly decent and fine company. I'm never sure if the people who hate them so much have spent any time with them? In fact, as far as Northern awaydays go, I think that's about the friendliest I consistently know of.

I'm f**king dreading it but if they do it, it'd be hard to say they don't deserve it. They've been magnificent.

Coming from Ireland and growing up in the 80s, Liverpool were to me what Arsenal are to a lot on here. All my mates supported and still support them. I f**king hate them. I waited a long time for us to finally finish ahead of them and loved it when we did. I'd have given you any odds you wanted on them winning the league this year - in my head, it was an impossibility.

On Liverpool itself, I've been a number of times and it's a good city with a proper footballing culture about it. Still hate the c**ts though so come on City or even Chelsea.

I never thought I'd say this but I'd rather Chelsea win the league this season than Liverpool. Over the last few years I've come to really hate Liverpool with their victim complex and absolute refusal to accept they are not the biggest club around anymore. Don't get me wrong, I hate A*****l and Chelsea way more and probably always will, but at least if Chelsea win the league we can say they bought it with oil money, whereas Liverpool winning the league, coming from nowhwere would really **** me off.

For five years we've been far better than them and had a couple of years where we were conceivably in with a shout of winning the league before falling away. This should be us, we should be the ones who kicked on and finally challenged, not some team that's been average for years before having one incredible season where every decision went for them and they remained injury free throughout. The gloating and the smugness would be unbearable, and yes, whilst they probably do deserve it this year it would **** me off so much that it's them when it could so easily have been us.

Also, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they don't break one of the last records that Spurs still hold, most consecutive league wins. We won our first 11 matches in the double season, and nobody has matched that since, but Liverpool have now won their last 10 and should win the 11th to tie with us. With relatively easy fixtures left I can see them winning all their remaining games, and that would give me yet another reason to hate them.

Also, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they don't break one of the last records that Spurs still hold, most consecutive league wins. We won our first 11 matches in the double season, and nobody has matched that since, but Liverpool have now won their last 10 and should win the 11th to tie with us. With relatively easy fixtures left I can see them winning all their remaining games, and that would give me yet another reason to hate them.

The most consecutive wins record now stands at 14 :( Spurs' double winners of 60-61 still hold the record for the most consecutive wins from the start of a top flight season at least \o/

https://twitter.com/FASfootball/status/455698237736120320
BlL3Ie4IIAAQ_X2.png

I never thought I'd say this but I'd rather Chelsea win the league this season than Liverpool. Over the last few years I've come to really hate Liverpool with their victim complex and absolute refusal to accept they are not the biggest club around anymore. Don't get me wrong, I hate A*****l and Chelsea way more and probably always will, but at least if Chelsea win the league we can say they bought it with oil money, whereas Liverpool winning the league, coming from nowhwere would really **** me off.

For five years we've been far better than them and had a couple of years where we were conceivably in with a shout of winning the league before falling away. This should be us, we should be the ones who kicked on and finally challenged, not some team that's been average for years before having one incredible season where every decision went for them and they remained injury free throughout. The gloating and the smugness would be unbearable, and yes, whilst they probably do deserve it this year it would **** me off so much that it's them when it could so easily have been us.

We blew our chances, or more precisely, our 'managers' blew our chances (one in particular)...what Rodgers has done, aside from knowing how to set his sides up, is make their players understand what it means to wear that shirt for their fans in that stadium. It is something I desperately wanted to believe one of our recent managers could do. Indeed, imagine if Redknapp had shown the focus and desire in '12 that Rodgers is showing now? THAT side could've won the league just like this Liverpool, but they lost their compass right when they needed it most. If anything, and this is probably just me so flame away, if Liverpool win the title, it will further underscore how ****ing furious I remain at Redknapp's failure and lack of culpability. Because you're right. It should've been us!!!

We had our chance and blew it through a number of stupid decisions by the club/managers/even the players. But I see people say the internet Liverpool fans are arrogant but this comes across the same. It's not like you have to be great in the preceding years to challenge for a title, if anything it's more impressive to do it the way they have. And I don't buy the lucky tag you've given them, they aren't in Europe for a reason and that's cos last season they didn't achieve it meaning their players weren't as good as the others ahead, but Rodgers has done an admirable job to make them so good this season. They got lucky with a few decisions against City on Sunday but IIRC they were killed by the refs in their games at City and Chelsea, so it's a case of swings and roundabouts.

Like steff, I've only got good experiences of my time in Liverpool. When I've gone there for aways - be that at Anfield or Goodison - I've met decent people with the same love of football, enjoyed a few pints with them before and after games, and got on well. It's the Arsenal and Chelsea, to an extent City fans who IRL at least are hateable to me. I've come across plenty of gooners and Chelsea fans in my time and barely befriended one of them cos they're all annoying [enter swear word]. As steff says, judging a team by their 'internet fans' is stupid. Can only assume the fellas who do so are internet fans themselves.

Gotta say that whilst I'm green with envy, I actually think they deserve it. Rodgers hasn't got them winning 1-0, playing games with 9 men behind the ball for most of the game, he has them winning with style. This team play seriously good football and they have teams all across the league scratching their heads for ways to stop them. I do hold a little of a grudge with regards to their lack of mid week football, but you can only play the hand you're dealt.

There are plenty of Liverpool fans who act like they have never been away from the top, but there are plenty of realists amongst them who know that this season has just fallen right for them. It's better than the Chelsea fans who only started supporting them once the money came in.

Gotta say that whilst I'm green with envy, I actually think they deserve it. Rodgers hasn't got them winning 1-0, playing games with 9 men behind the ball for most of the game, he has them winning with style. This team play seriously good football and they have teams all across the league scratching their heads for ways to stop them. I do hold a little of a grudge with regards to their lack of mid week football, but you can only play the hand you're dealt.

There are plenty of Liverpool fans who act like they have never been away from the top, but there are plenty of realists amongst them who know that this season has just fallen right for them. It's better than the Chelsea fans who only started supporting them once the money came in.

I have found that real life Liverpool fans are ok and a bit more realistic about their standing and current position, whilst the rawk guys are just complete bellends who wouldn't find their own ass in the dark with a map and a flashlight.

Disagree, Pool has won the lotto just as much as City/Cheat$ki.

They were massively in debt and managed to force a change in ownership and **** the outgoing guy with the debt, and very quickly have built back up more debt (Still manageable).

Horrible PR, horrible backing of racist behavior, very little acknowledgement of inappropriateness of employee behavior.

Rodgers appointment, lack of games (Europe commitment), luck with injuries and one player in the form of his life has created a good situation for them, I really don't see it as a "master plan"

Mate they are four games away from the TITLE. That's a little more than just being in a good situation because of injuries. (Never mind they've left Suarez and Sturridge to injuries anyway at times)

They are simply nowhere near City and Chelsea.

Back in 2009-10 season we played 50 games (8 in FA Cup thanks to pesky replays plus 4 in League Cup) on our way to fourth place, this season Liverpool will end up playing just 43 games.

@HotspurRelated: A telling statistic. pic.twitter.com/sfuXVQo5L2
Blg6xtcIAAAP_oV.jpg

@br_uk: Liverpool have the potential to become the most surprising Premier League champions of all time (via @KopHopper).
BlcpDnFCUAE4uX2.jpg

The lack of games they have played is a huge part of why they have done so well, they have a tiny squad and wouldve struggled if they hadve been in say the EL and gone a distance in the competition

Back