• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I don't actually think we were signing flavours of the month last summer though. Paulinho was earmarked back in January 2013 and wasn't signed off the back of the Confederations cup, Soldado was well known to most of the football world, Eriksen was a player who we got because AVB's real target (Willian) went to Chelsea, Chadli was brought in to boost the squad and Capoue was bought as cover for Sandro. AVB indicated his preferred formation and wanted two players for every position, something he would've had if Contreao had come off. Even Lamela and Chiriches were only purchased to replace Bale and Caulker. There was a plan but AVB had it wrong as he never knew who his first team was because of the number of players we had.

So far as Liverpool went, not even the pundits saw them as eventual Champions but most did think they would make a go of the top four. Few thought Stevie G would prove himself so adept at his new deep midfield role nor did they expect to see Sterling and Henderson come on as impressively as they have.

Hmmmm. I smell a scouser ;)
**** right off geezer! Mind u I've just spent half a day in Stoke, I'd probably choose to be manc or scouse ahead of one of those inbreds!

Hate to blow my own trumpet but I did post this in the week leading up to the match with Liverpool in Dec:

My thoughts on AVB are well documented, you know I'm not too keen on him and think him playing such a boring style hasn't worked for us. We keep grinding out wins, 1-0s against Hull, Palace, Cardiff, Swansea and 2-1s against Fulham and Sunderland this week, all games that we have had to grind wins out having not played particularly well. Most of our players play better with space but due to the tactic employed by AVB they rarely get it, hence why I think we've had to rely on penalties and long shots to edge poor teams this season.

Which is why I give credit to Rodgers and Martinez at their respective scouse clubs. Both have their sides above us playing football far easier on the eye. I think Liverpool have overtaken us this calendar year, they have a very good team now and if we don't admit that then we're being silly. Same goes for Everton to a lesser extent, whom I don't think are better than us yet but could conceivably finish above us if they keep improving.

Is it wrong to say that two good teams are as good if not better than us? The evidence this season suggests they are. Liverpool have had winnable home games but that shouldn't be used as a stick to beat them with - you wouldn't see us beat teams while scoring four or five in the process. Also people here and the press in general aren't giving Everton enough plaudits, and do we really think our team is much better than theirs? I'd take our centre back options but think they have superior full backs, the midfields are similar in quality, we edge them on the wings but they have a better striker than ours.

I haven't worded it great but I think if we had either of the Liverpool based managers with our current team we would be doing better than we currently are, and looking alot better doing it.

Eerily accurate. Just like I was right about AVB being clownshoes among other things. I am pretty much a professional prophet... but take no joy in being one :(

@FourFourTweet: Awkward... pic.twitter.com/l5GI3BPrZl
BmPMmYiCAAEK4gq.jpg:small

@NOT_MOTD: No caption required...
BmO-r5PCIAEXcIR.jpg:small

@Footy_Jokes: Gerrard's heat map pic.twitter.com/Hpgjz2Anvc
BmPLlaACAAAfRAi.jpg:small

A Gooner mate pointed me in the direction of this (Warning: this is a link to an Arsenal site)

Brilliant article, everything is spot on

I agree with most of the article. but the things on gerrard seem a bit harsh. i'm not his biggest fan (and agree that he his the scouse jt), but 1) noone really knows what was happening re his chelsea move (there have been accounts that say benitez wanted him out), and 2) if you look at the article link to the car crash, it seems that it wasnt really gerrards fault.

Suarez is a right flat track bully ain't he, never seems to get pointed out though.

its always hard for dribblers in these types of games, when teams are focussed on defending with total concentration. the way the game sets up just isnt suited to making dribblers look good. its a lot easier for midfield dicators (ie. xavi, pirlo) to look good.

The thing is, almost nothing has gone wrong for Liverpool for months and months. It has been freakish, and in a way a direct reverse mirror image of us.

Flanagan, Johnson, Agger and Skrtl....is that bag of toilet really worse than our bag of toilet at the back? A bit better maybe, but not really much. And yet we've been crucified over and over for little slips whereas they just don't seem to have been.

Has anyone passed the ball directly to Soldado in the way Dawson did to Suarez? How hasn't Mignolet let in a free like Liverpool's 4th at Anfield, when our (better) keeper did?

They just seemed supernaturally blessed all season and maybe it's just their run is reaching a reversion to mean.

Back