• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

This seems fair. You often see Terry with his arms dropped vertical by his sides but six inches out from the body (an ape like pose) and that alsmost doubles his width for blocking the ball.

The problem is the arms have to go somewhere

Now you see so many players with their arms behind their backs now but seriously that is detriment to the player in running and tackling. So I know im contradicting myself here but if a player tackles their arms cant be behind their backs or even by their sides - so where do hands and arms go?

If we start giving penalties for any hand ball then players will just start aiming the ball against peoples arms and hands.

Liverpool still deluded, been hearing them say after getting Sturridge 4th is back on?! If they were chasing one team then maybe just maybe you can see a miracle take over but they need us, Arsenal and Everton (3 good sides) to just brick the bed. It is never going to happen even if they do play out of their skin to the end of the season (which they won't)

Christ, I still think we have flaws and will only just scrape over the line to finish 4th. Liverpool ? fudge me they are complete dogbrick.

*edit* - Just to add, Sturridge will make little difference, heck even getting Messi wont make brick smell any sweeter.

Christ, I still think we have flaws and will only just scrape over the line to finish 4th. Liverpool ? fudge me they are complete dogbrick.

*edit* - Just to add, Sturridge will make little difference, heck even getting Messi wont make brick smell any sweeter.

I know Chelsea fans who weren't sad to see the back of him. They describe his overall play as being poor and he's a sulker.

Yeah, if their hands are by their side that's different I think. If your arms are away from your body and stop the ball, intentional or not, it should be handball.

Tough one, but I'm inclined to agree with this. Remember when Ashley Cole handballed it against us at the lane last season? Ok he might not have meant it, but he gained an advantage from it as Van Der Vaart tried to kick the ball out, but instead it hit Cole's arm and he crossed it for Sturridge to score. They would have had a throw in instead of a goal if the ball didn't hit Cole's arm.

We should get 4th, it would be a major fail if we dont given our squad compared to the rest... but having seen Liverpool a few times they have put in some decent performances with really brick players. If they can add some quality to the squad then Arsenal and Everton should be worried.

Liverpool are preparing to offer former manager and player Kenny Dalglish another Anfield comeback, lining him up for a return to his role as a club ambassador.
Full story: Daily Telegraph

I wouldnt have him anywhere near the club after the way he handled himself whilst as manager, did a fair bit of harm PR wise to LFC

Oh my days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie Redknapp says Luis Suarez is worth more on the open market than Robin van Persie in his Super Sunday preview

You honestly think Suarez is better than RVP

no but he's worth more than him. Suarez is 25 and RVP will soon be 30....quality wise RVP is better but it's not by a large margin. They're both in the same category imo so age wise it's obvious that Suarez is worth more.

You honestly think Suarez is better than RVP

****iness aside Suarez is quality but RVP is one of the best strikers in the world, Suarez isnt

Worth more on the open market doesn't equal better.

Age makes a massive difference. RvP is 29, Suarez will be 26 in January. Younger means more years left to play, potential sell on fee down the road and more time to improve.

I would be surprised if it was true. Would PSG, Real or Chelsea be willing to pay more for Suarez than for RvP? I don't think so. RvP doesn't depend on pace, only real problem is his injury plagued history, but he seems to have put that behind him. He is truly outstanding.

I think it's a lot closer than you're making it out to be though. Wouldn't be surprised if their value is pretty close and I don't think it's ridiculous to claim that Suarez is worth more.

****! (Suares-tourettes induced by seeing his face when I looked up his age on Wiki. Should be censored.)

Luis Suarez could be driven out of Premier League - Damien Comolli
By David Ornstein
BBC Sport Comments (40)
Luis Suarez could quit English football if he continues to be "victimised", says former Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli.

The Reds striker has been involved in a number of controversies since joining from Ajax in 2011.

"It'll be an absolute shame for English football if this victimisation drives him away," Comolli told BBC Sport.

"As the biggest league in the world you want to keep the biggest players, not drive them away for crazy reasons."

Liverpool signed Suarez for a then club record £22.7m and the Uruguay international has scored 40 goals in 80 appearances.

But there have also been a number of unsavoury incidents, most notably the confrontation with Manchester United defender Patrice Evra that led to Suarez being handed an eight-match ban for racial abuse.

The 25-year-old has been accused of diving and stamping, had a run-in with Everton boss David Moyes and his winning goal in Sunday's FA Cup win at Mansfield was helped by the ball touching his hand.

Comolli was responsible for bringing Suarez to Anfield and believes the public and media should focus their attention on his talent.

"I find it extremely hard to understand why people look at all the bad aspects and not how good the player is," said the 40-year-old, who was sacked by Liverpool in April 2012.

"He is a fantastic individual and professional - totally committed to his club, team-mates and job. He'll give you everything, he's a winner.

"People need to be very careful what they say and stop criticising him. He's someone you'd want to go to war alongside. I don't think you can captain Ajax as a foreigner at 21 years of age if you're not a great individual."

Liverpool are eighth in the Premier League, seven points off the top four and 21 behind leaders United ahead of Sunday's trip to Old Trafford.

Much of the current squad was recruited by Comolli in a 17-month spell at Anfield that saw nine players arrive at a reported cost of £113m.

The decision to sell Fernando Torres in January 2011 for £50m and replace him with Andy Carroll, 24, for £35m has been questioned; as have the summer 2011 signings of Stewart Downing, 28, Jordan Henderson, 22, and Charlie Adam, 27.

Liverpool went on to win the Carling Cup and reach the FA Cup final, but American owners Fenway Sports Group decided to relieve Comolli of his duties and dismissed Kenny Dalglish as manager a month later.

"I don't have any regrets about players we brought in and I'm sure Kenny is the same," explained the ex-Arsenal scout and Tottenham sporting director.

"You cannot buy young players and not be able to wait for their talent to develop. We brought in very good players.

"Against Sunderland there were no new recruits in the team. Jordan got a standing ovation, Stewart has been playing every game. You need to give players time. They will develop and become very good players."

Dalglish was succeeded by Brendan Rodgers, who allowed Carroll to join West Ham on a season-long loan.

"Chelsea paid over the odds [for Torres] and with that money we knew we were paying over the odds for Andy," Comolli admitted.

"There was a financial risk. I did tell that to the owners at the time and they were happy to take it.

"I said, 'This is what you can lose' and they said, 'We're ready to gamble because Fernando has got to go'."

Comolli added that if he and Dalglish had not lost their jobs, Carroll would still be at Liverpool now. He also maintains there was "absolutely no reason" for the club to part company with Dalglish.

:-k

Luis Suarez could be driven out of Premier League - Damien Comolli
By David Ornstein
BBC Sport Comments (40)
Luis Suarez could quit English football if he continues to be "victimised", says former Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli.

The Reds striker has been involved in a number of controversies since joining from Ajax in 2011.

"It'll be an absolute shame for English football if this victimisation drives him away," Comolli told BBC Sport.

"As the biggest league in the world you want to keep the biggest players, not drive them away for crazy reasons."

Liverpool signed Suarez for a then club record £22.7m and the Uruguay international has scored 40 goals in 80 appearances.

But there have also been a number of unsavoury incidents, most notably the confrontation with Manchester United defender Patrice Evra that led to Suarez being handed an eight-match ban for racial abuse.

The 25-year-old has been accused of diving and stamping, had a run-in with Everton boss David Moyes and his winning goal in Sunday's FA Cup win at Mansfield was helped by the ball touching his hand.

Comolli was responsible for bringing Suarez to Anfield and believes the public and media should focus their attention on his talent.

"I find it extremely hard to understand why people look at all the bad aspects and not how good the player is," said the 40-year-old, who was sacked by Liverpool in April 2012.

"He is a fantastic individual and professional - totally committed to his club, team-mates and job. He'll give you everything, he's a winner.

"People need to be very careful what they say and stop criticising him. He's someone you'd want to go to war alongside. I don't think you can captain Ajax as a foreigner at 21 years of age if you're not a great individual."

Liverpool are eighth in the Premier League, seven points off the top four and 21 behind leaders United ahead of Sunday's trip to Old Trafford.

Much of the current squad was recruited by Comolli in a 17-month spell at Anfield that saw nine players arrive at a reported cost of £113m.

The decision to sell Fernando Torres in January 2011 for £50m and replace him with Andy Carroll, 24, for £35m has been questioned; as have the summer 2011 signings of Stewart Downing, 28, Jordan Henderson, 22, and Charlie Adam, 27.

Liverpool went on to win the Carling Cup and reach the FA Cup final, but American owners Fenway Sports Group decided to relieve Comolli of his duties and dismissed Kenny Dalglish as manager a month later.

"I don't have any regrets about players we brought in and I'm sure Kenny is the same," explained the ex-Arsenal scout and Tottenham sporting director.

"You cannot buy young players and not be able to wait for their talent to develop. We brought in very good players.

"Against Sunderland there were no new recruits in the team. Jordan got a standing ovation, Stewart has been playing every game. You need to give players time. They will develop and become very good players."

Dalglish was succeeded by Brendan Rodgers, who allowed Carroll to join West Ham on a season-long loan.

"Chelsea paid over the odds [for Torres] and with that money we knew we were paying over the odds for Andy," Comolli admitted.

"There was a financial risk. I did tell that to the owners at the time and they were happy to take it.

"I said, 'This is what you can lose' and they said, 'We're ready to gamble because Fernando has got to go'."

Comolli added that if he and Dalglish had not lost their jobs, Carroll would still be at Liverpool now. He also maintains there was "absolutely no reason" for the club to part company with Dalglish.

:-k

Doesn't have any regrets about the players they brought in? Henderson? Shelvey? Downing? Carroll? Is he fudging serious?

Wouldn't have that muppet anywhere near our club.

“We are not 24 points behind in terms of quality,” claimed the Liverpool manager following his team’s 2-1 defeat against Manchester United. “The points difference is due to the squad and once we close the gaps in the squad in the coming windows, I have great faith we will be able to challenge.”

:eek::-s:~:-k](*,):lol::rolleyes::ross:

no but he's worth more than him. Suarez is 25 and RVP will soon be 30....quality wise RVP is better but it's not by a large margin. They're both in the same category imo so age wise it's obvious that Suarez is worth more.

Suarez is perhaps worth more because of his age, ONLY

But quality and category absolutely not

Back