• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Hilarious listening to McAteer in the Al Jazeera studio.

"4th is definitely on. blah blah blah"

Then Keys and Gray start listing the other contenders. Spurs doing great, Everton picking up points, Arsenal still in there. Just take away the competition and Liverpool could win the league again.

Much as I dislike Suarez the ball seemed to his his hand at pace, and his forward momentum carried it into the net. The only thing he could have done at that point is a) own up - well he is never going to do that -and neither would quite a few other players b) refrain from his usual wrist kissing goal celebration - but he is clearly too stupid to realise how it looks -and he is probably very superstitious as many strikers are.

A combination of officials and technology should be able to stop this kind of thing happening though. Imagine if it had been the cup final.

I agree with that I think it was instinctive and would also agree that you cant expect him to own up as a number of players wouldnt have either. The same way players get free kicks for nothing yet players dont own up. Can you blame the ref? the ref can only give what he sees and he didnt see it.

People jumping on the bandwagon again.

Hilarious listening to McAteer in the Al Jazeera studio.

"4th is definitely on. blah blah blah"

Then Keys and Gray start listing the other contenders. Spurs doing great, Everton picking up points, Arsenal still in there. Just take away the competition and Liverpool could win the league again.

Is that what Keys & Gray are at now?

Someone needs to tell Luis that you cannot use your hands in cup football. He appears to keep on believing that cup competitions are different?

Even if he didn't mean to handball it, he gained an advanatage and therefore, goal should not have been given. I'm not 100% convinced he meant to do it.

Should clearly have been given as a free kick, with his hand so far out from his body it's quite shocking that none of the refs could see it.

Don't think it was on purpose at all though, the ball just bounced up into his hand.

Much as I dislike Suarez the ball seemed to his his hand at pace, and his forward momentum carried it into the net. The only thing he could have done at that point is a) own up - well he is never going to do that -and neither would quite a few other players b) refrain from his usual wrist kissing goal celebration - but he is clearly too stupid to realise how it looks -and he is probably very superstitious as many strikers are.

A combination of officials and technology should be able to stop this kind of thing happening though. Imagine if it had been the cup final.

IMO it was deliberate and should have been a free kick.

But Law 12 says a free kick should be awarded "if a player ... handles the ball deliberately". If it wasn't deliberate then it can't be penalised - even if he couldn't have scored without the contact between ball and hand.

So Mansfield leave 96 seats empty in honour of Hillsborough yet Liverpool fans still sing "you're support is f*cking sh*t".

Classy

IMO it was deliberate and should have been a free kick.

But Law 12 says a free kick should be awarded "if a player ... handles the ball deliberately". If it wasn't deliberate then it can't be penalised - even if he couldn't have scored without the contact between ball and hand.

No way it was deliberate, it happened too quickly.

The way the rules get interpreted these days it doesn't have to be deliberate as long as you have your hands far enough away from your body.

That handball rule is flimflam. No foul has to be deliberate. If you mistime a tackle, it's still a foul. Handball is / should be the same. If you gain an advantage from it, it's handball.

That handball rule is flimflam. No foul has to be deliberate. If you mistime a tackle, it's still a foul. Handball is / should be the same. If you gain an advantage from it, it's handball.

To me it's an interesting problem.

While I agree with you to some extent it seems terribly unfair if someone gets a penalty against them when they did nothing wrong, especially if they made an effort to keep their hands down.

To me it's an interesting problem.

While I agree with you to some extent it seems terribly unfair if someone gets a penalty against them when they did nothing wrong, especially if they made an effort to keep their hands down.

Yeah, if their hands are by their side that's different I think. If your arms are away from your body and stop the ball, intentional or not, it should be handball.

Yeah, if their hands are by their side that's different I think. If your arms are away from your body and stop the ball, intentional or not, it should be handball.

Then I think we agree. I remember John Terry made a habit out of going in to block a shot with both his arms outstretched over his legs, hit his arms quite often too, but no penalty was given because it was from a short range and he didn't "move his arms towards the ball". That was flimflam and the idea that you can gain an advantage by positioning your arms out from your body so that they will stop the ball is ridiculous, the rules must try to stop that.

I think the current interpretation of the rules does a pretty good job of that. From most refs at least.

As far as im concerned if the ball hits the hand or arm but the arms and hands were in front of the body then thats fine as it hasnt made the body any bigger and the ball would have hit the player regardless of whether the hand was in the way or not.

If the arm or hand is outside of the frame of the body then penalty as its made the body bigger and the ball would not have hit the body.

As far as im concerned if the ball hits the hand or arm but the arms and hands were in front of the body then thats fine as it hasnt made the body any bigger and the ball would have hit the player regardless of whether the hand was in the way or not.

If the arm or hand is outside of the frame of the body then penalty as its made the body bigger and the ball would not have hit the body.

This seems fair. You often see Terry with his arms dropped vertical by his sides but six inches out from the body (an ape like pose) and that alsmost doubles his width for blocking the ball.

Back