• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

“We are not 24 points behind in terms of quality,” claimed the Liverpool manager following his team’s 2-1 defeat against Manchester United. “The points difference is due to the squad and once we close the gaps in the squad in the coming windows, I have great faith we will be able to challenge.”

:eek::-s:~:-k](*,):lol::rolleyes::ross:

I was thinking about this gap. We are 15 points behind I think

When you actually work out the number of wins difference, it's scary

Particularly when you factor in our win at Old Trafford

For Liverpool to be ANOTHER 3 wins behind, is a disgrace

I was thinking about this gap. We are 15 points behind I think

When you actually work out the number of wins difference, it's scary

Particularly when you factor in our win at Old Trafford

For Liverpool to be ANOTHER 3 wins behind, is a disgrace

The gap in quality between us and them is in my opinion really only down to a couple of top class players.

Even for Liverpool I actually think Rodgers has a point, the difference isn't as big as the table makes it look.

The problem in closing that gap is "how do you get those top class players?" In recent years Liverpool have sold more of those players than they have bought.

“We are not 24 points behind in terms of quality,” claimed the Liverpool manager following his team’s 2-1 defeat against Manchester United. “The points difference is due to the squad and once we close the gaps in the squad in the coming windows, I have great faith we will be able to challenge.”

:eek::-s:~:-k](*,):lol::rolleyes::ross:

Challenge for what Brendan? Maybe the CL places but certainly not the title. That aside there is nothing inherently wrong with his prediction that if they improve their squad in the coming years they might challenge for something. Whether or not he'll be manager is another question.

You'd also have to think that some of the big European clubs will be sniffing around Suarez in the coming windows if they don't get CL football. That would set them back to mid table obscurity in one fell swoop.

Challenge for what Brendan? Maybe the CL places but certainly not the title. That aside there is nothing inherently wrong with his prediction that if they improve their squad in the coming years they might challenge for something. Whether or not he'll be manager is another question.

You'd also have to think that some of the big European clubs will be sniffing around Suarez in the coming windows if they don't get CL football. That would set them back to mid table obscurity in one fell swoop.

That is a big part of the problem. Similarly to us not being able to keep Carrick, Berba and Modric they might not be able to keep Suarez long enough to make those improvements Rodgers talks of and still have him around.

That is a big part of the problem. Similarly to us not being able to keep Carrick, Berba and Modric they might not be able to keep Suarez long enough to make those improvements Rodgers talks of and still have him around.

Suarez really is the crown jewel as I'm not sure they have any other players that other (big) clubs would covet. Agger? Reina at a stretch? Gerard has only a few years left in him too.

Suarez really is the crown jewel as I'm not sure they have any other players that other (big) clubs would covet. Agger? Reina at a stretch? Gerard has only a few years left in him too.

If Rodgers wants to continue with his passing game he needs to sell Reina. Every game i have seen him play since Rodgers took over he has given numerous chances to the opposition due to his lack of ability using his feet.

After 22 games in a premier league season Liverpool Football Club have not beaten a side in the current top 10. We've played 11 games so far against teams in the top half of the table and failed to take maximum points. 5 Draws, 6 Defeats.

Except it's not true. We beat Everton at Goodison, it's just that the officials failed to notice! ;)

We were beating Everton at Goodison, until we decided to allow them to score two goals.

When did the rules change that you get more points for beating teams in the top 10??

You don't but soccer Saturday like to make us sound brick by spouting it off every week

We beat West Ham when they were in the top half of the table.

Game was on the 9th Dec, and as you can see from the table linked below they were 10th in the table.

Liverpool's managing director Ian Ayre believes the Reds have got the best balance of players of any team in the Premier League.

Ayre cited the mix of club stalwarts Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher, world-class stars like Luis Suarez and rising young talents including Raheem Sterling.

Liverpool again seem unlikely to break into the Champions League places this season, with Brendan Rodgers' side currently lying eighth in the table, nine points adrift of the top four.

The Reds' relative lack of success on the field has prompted speculation about the future of some of their big-name players and Ayre accepts improvement is needed.

He told the Liverpool Echo: "Of course we have to progress to be able to hang on to our world-class talent.

"You need to have a mix in your squad and we have probably got the best balance in terms of any team in the league.

"We've got people who understand what this club really means and have enjoyed success here. We've got young players breaking through, learning and getting experience from them.

"Then we've got international players like Luis Suarez who could be playing anywhere in the world - but he's playing at Liverpool FC.

"We will continue to add to the group and improve it. Daniel Sturridge signed recently and has made an immediate impact.

"We may or may not add to that further before the end of January. That's something we're still working on and considering. We will only buy when the right deal is there at the right time."

Sturridge became the first big mover of the January transfer window when he left Chelsea to join Liverpool for a fee believed to be around £12million.

Buying the 23-year-old fitted with the Reds' policy of recruiting players under 24, but Ayre insists older players are not off limits if they would be a good fit for the club.

He said: "It's not a policy which is set in stone but it's an aspiration. If we feel there's a particular position or player who can contribute to the group and is over that sort of age limit, it doesn't mean we won't consider that player."

The focus on young players played a part in Rodgers being left extremely short of strikers in the first half of the season after the club declined to meet the asking price for Fulham's Clint Dempsey, who eventually went to Tottenham.

Andy Carroll had already been loaned to West Ham and, when Fabio Borini broke his foot in September, the striking burden fell solely on the shoulders of Suarez.

Ayre insists the club made the right choice, saying: "People may feel they want to criticise the fact we didn't have an additional striker.

"But at what price would you sacrifice spending for something that is not in the long-term interests of the club versus what we just did, which was getting a great price on a great player in Daniel Sturridge?

"It may have left us short, but the pieces just did not come together. We've come through that period now. I still feel it was the right decision."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8400348/Ayre-hails-Liverpool-balance

Liverpool's managing director Ian Ayre believes the Reds have got the best balance of players of any team in the Premier League.

If only there was some sort of objective measurement of how well a group of football players comprising a football team is doing exactly, like a chart or table perhaps, that sort of evidence would definitely go a long way to proving his point.

If only there was some sort of objective measurement of how well a group of football players comprising a football team is doing exactly, like a chart or table perhaps, that sort of evidence would definitely go a long way to proving his point.

:lol:

"vilification of Luis is both wrong and unfair". - Brendan Rodgers

"Football is like that. Sometimes you do things on the field that later you think 'why the hell did I do that?'

"I was accused of falling inside the box in a match, and it's true I did it that time, because we were drawing against Stoke at home and we needed anything to win it."
- Luis Suarez

Come again there Rodgers? :-"

RAWK has gone from this:

I'm one of Suarez' staunch defenders, and forever defending him. But, sorry, i'm really disappointed in the part of the interview (unless something has been slightly lost in translation) that he's come out and admitted to diving, even letting people know the exact incident and match.

to this:

It might well be unacceptable Brendan, but so is hanging one of your players out to dry, before even the authorities have been asked to deal with it.

At this point Brendan, and after all of the brick Luis has had to put up with this last year, if those quotes are actually genuine and from you, this is the point that you are dead to me.

I think we need Kenny back just to teach people how to deal with the fudging press

I've just been to mass there .I've prayed for Luis not to leave.Brendan is an awful person underneath it all..I've prayed for him also though.He's just a kid in a big club but he's driven a wedge between usthe worlds most knowledgable supporters.All starting with his three fudging envelopes,did me head in no end that did.Now we know Luis was one name in the envelopes.Brendan's cruel plan has come to fruition.I hope your proud Brendan.You ruined my life forever.

Back