• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VDV

I will miss him but frankly, if we have Moutinho coming in, with Dembele, Bale and Lennon PLUS (hopefully) a striker and Lloris, I would consider this to be our best window in the Prem...
Agreed. I think people are holding back on judgement until the transfer window is over. If we do sign someone like Moutinho then Rafa departing is justified and covered. If not....

GET THE PITCHFORKS OUT!!!

If he goes, then it was a privilege to have him play for us for 2 years.
Provided many great memories and just seemed a top bloke, the type you are glad to have in the shirt.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind letting him go for £20m, but £10m! Ffs we bought him for £8m which was a absolute steal and players like Matt Jarvis and Steven Fletcher are going for about £15m each!

And it's not like we needed/wanted to sell him either. He still fits our style of football and he didn't ask to leave like Modric either, in fact he gave interviews saying how much he wanted to stay at the club. And we don't exactly need the money for him because of the Modric deal, so why was his price so low?!

We absolutely have to get a world-class player to replace him or we are going to have serious problems this season, quite possibly finishing 6th or 7th.

Im gutted about this, was one of my favourite players in recent years, he was world class...

Just hope we have a signing in the bag hence the reason we let him go

It was obvious he was never going to fit into AVB's system so it's best for all parties concerned that he moves on. I'm pretty tinkled off about it personally, but we have to trust the judgement of the new man.

Rafa is a legend. Will miss him. Purely for his destruction of the scum. NANANANANNANANANANA Rafa Van der vaart... what a song

fudging hell, i'm devastated about this. Quality player probably my fave player at Spurs, really hope he fails his medical at Hamburg and he stays

I'm very disappointed to see him leave. We may have had to sell our best player this transfer window, but why sell another one of our best players???? AVB's plans are too extreme for my liking. Our squad worked pretty well last season and he's destroying the whole thing.

I'm very disappointed to see him leave. We may have had to sell our best player this transfer window, but why sell another one of our best players???? AVB's plans are too extreme for my liking. Our squad worked pretty well last season and he's destroying the whole thing.

I am a little concerned the more I read about Moutinho as well. He is a deep lying playmaker apparently, so does that also mean the end for Sandro & Parker? Dembele looks to be more like Modric's replacement.

I am a little concerned the more I read about Moutinho as well. He is a deep lying playmaker apparently, so does that also mean the end for Sandro & Parker? Dembele looks to be more like Modric's replacement.

I we sign Moutinho, I think that he we play deep with Sandro and Dembele and Sig will fight it out for Rafa's shirt. Unless we switch to 4-3-3 but then I cannot see a place for Lennon :(

I we sign Moutinho, I think that he we play deep with Sandro and Dembele and Sig will fight it out for Rafa's shirt. Unless we switch to 4-3-3 but then I cannot see a place for Lennon :(

Lennon misses out irrespective if Moutinho signs, imv

Awful awful move, truly gutted. So we have lost 3 of our best 4 players Levy truly better have something special lined up or we are fudged

Quite honestly I don't think Parker will feature in AVB plans, I believe if it wasn't for the injury he'd already be gone.

Re: Poll: Would you be happy if VDV was sold?

I think it's shaping up quite nicely. If the most recent 'fee agreed' rumours are true it might be the best ever.

Re: Poll: Would you be happy if VDV was sold?

If we sell Van Der Vaart and Sigurdsson gets injured we're absolutely fudged.

I don't agree, Defoe replaced VDV during a lot of games last season and scored a shedful of goals in that position. It's also Kane's natural position.
VDV is a huge loss I feel but we have 3 players to cover the position.
I just feel we're changing so much at once we could be righting off the next 4 months while it gels. No sure we can afford that.

Where we will be shafted is if Ade gets injured because it means playing someone out of their natural position.

Back