• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VDV

Re: Poll: Would you be happy if VDV was sold?

No.

I would be as far from happy as it's possible to be.

Not even Moutinho AND Isco would keep me from feeling disappointed if VdV left, though I know it's due to his family and not down to us.

No - tremendous player of remarkable quality - now that Modric is gone - we need such game-changers more than ever, the kind of player who can win a game with a single moment of brillance (Berbatov was the one before that)

No. Would be an incredibly dumb decision to sell him. Selling Lennon on top of that would compound it!

Pros of keeping - attitude, goals, work rate, technically gifted.

Pros of selling - not the best injury record, 29 (has he peaked?), not enough goals, luxury player - where is his best position, does he fit with AVBs tactics?

Cant really answer that question without knowing the context.
Very YES if we get a decent fee and acquire at least one other quality attacking option.
Very NO if he goes for peanuts.

He's been a good player for us, though in an alarmingly low percentage of our matches - injuries, subbed after 60 mins, and disappearing a little at times. However, I just love his attitude overall and he's been magic in NLDs.

Right price (more than we paid) and get an AVB approved signing, then yes. I always thought he was a luxury player but did score vital goals for us. I really appreciate what he's done for us, but he's replaceable IMO.

He's always shown passion if not always the right attitude at certain times. He understands our rivalry and took it on best of our foreign players.

I would not be happy but i can see it being a good situation for all parties if its a must.

Would be a tremendously silly move. We don't have anyone else with his unworldly ability to pick out a killer pass in the final third. Anyone who was there at the WBA remember his incredible lofted ball to Bale in the second half which Bale messed up in the end? It was those moments of genius that we won't be able to replace.

No wouldn't be happy, absolutely love Rafa. Plus I envisage a nightmare with my 9 year old daughter. She is just getting to grips with Luka leaving, I think Rafa leaving would tip her over the edge. Her bedroom wall is covered in Rafa posters. I might have to leave home for a bit!

Disappointed and a little bit worried.

If he leaves we will have lost King, Modric and RvdV. Replacing three important players through the spine of the team is difficult, even when bringing in quality replacements. Two were necessary, making the third change is an unnecessary risk.

disappointed as a fan. but if he wants to leave to be with his wife, I'm happy for him.

I would be indifferent, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

When he first came, I thought he was a world beater. Top class, superb goalscoring record, some fabulous (and important goals ) and a great attitude esp in NLDs.

However, since then my love for him has waned. He looks increasingly unfit, is obviously struggling with injuries, cant seem to last 90minutes, tackles recklessly, gives away unnecessary free kicks and penalties, and his free kicks and corners have been absolutely woeful all of last season and so far this one too.

On balance, I would be sad to see him go but I believe his best days are behind him - and if we get a good price - then adios Rafa and thanks for the early memories.

i'm feel sad about him going, I know he misses his wife etc but we really do need him in the squad

Back