• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

Avergae £10m a season. Including the year Redknapp got Palacios/Keane/Defoe/Chimbonda etc at £40m+

Says it all really. Isnt Alli our only January business in about 4 or 5 years, and even then he arrived in the summer?

We are the second highest net spenders in January over the last ten years. Just ahead of Stoke, but waaayyyy behind City.

http://www.planetfootball.com/quick...league-clubs-january-net-spend-past-10-years/

That's massively skewed by selling Berbatov and Keane for £50m in August 2008, then buying Keane, Defoe and Palacios for £45m in January 2009

We've only spent about £9.5m in total (on 5 players - Alli, Holtby, Fryers, Nelsen and Saha) over the last 6 Januaries

Avergae £10m a season. Including the year Redknapp got Palacios/Keane/Defoe/Chimbonda etc at £40m+

Says it all really. Isnt Alli our only January business in about 4 or 5 years, and even then he arrived in the summer?

I posted this a few weeks ago - our history of January windows:

2003 - Toda
2004 - Defoe I
2005 - Mido, Dawson, Reid, Cerny, El Hamdaoui, Limbersky, Hallfredsson
2006 - Murphy, Ghaly
2007 - Rocha, Alnwick, Taarabt
2008 - Woodgate, Gunter, Hutton, Gilberto
2009 - Chimbonda II, Keane II, Palacios, Defoe II, Cudicini
2010 - Gudjohnsen, Kaboul II
2011 - Khumalo, Pienaar
2012 - Nelsen, Saha
2013 - Holtby, Fryers
2014 -
2015 - Alli
2016 -
2017 -

2008/2009 really tip those numbers dont they?

Im surprised we were 2nd to be honest, its obvious where it comes from. Goes to show how misleading these things can be...

It also only current Premier league clubs. I wonder how much the like of Villa and Sunderland spent in desperation?

Is this calculated on players bought in Jan and sold in Jan only? So if you buy in Jan, but sell in the summer it doesn't count towards your Jan net spend?

I posted this a few weeks ago - our history of January windows:

2003 - Toda
2004 - Defoe I
2005 - Mido, Dawson, Reid, Cerny, El Hamdaoui, Limbersky, Hallfredsson
2006 - Murphy, Ghaly
2007 - Rocha, Alnwick, Taarabt
2008 - Woodgate, Gunter, Hutton, Gilberto
2009 - Chimbonda II, Keane II, Palacios, Defoe II, Cudicini
2010 - Gudjohnsen, Kaboul II
2011 - Khumalo, Pienaar
2012 - Nelsen, Saha
2013 - Holtby, Fryers
2014 -
2015 - Alli
2016 -
2017 -

Cheers for posting this. I had completely forgotten that we signed Chimbonda twice. Hard to believe. January 2005 was busy!

Back