• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

Never buy this rationale at all. How do you know there arent big sides looking at him, do clubs have to bid for every player they rate or something? Just because they're not bidding for him right now with Arsenal, PL teams have the greatest financial muscle bar Real Madrid Barca and PSG and I dont see either of them needing a forward right now whereas Arseanl do so why should they be in for him?

Chelsea Liverpool and arguably Man Utd need a striker from England alone as do Real who were trailing him several seasons ago and yet they were all going to watch him go to China for a price well within their budget? Personally i think he would have interested each of those if he is the sure thing you believe he is - as you point out his record is great and he is a big name so would have been a perfect choice for each of them if that is all there is to it and each of them have needed strikers over the last couple of windows when Dortmund have been open to offers for him so i struggle to see how ending up at Arsenal or in China means anything other than he has been passed over by bigger sides for one reason or another.

Im not saying it's a huge risk just that there is a level of risk involved which means he is potentially heading to Arsenal rather than a top side. It's the type of signing they should be making as the potential upside outweighs the potential downside

Chelsea Liverpool and arguably Man Utd need a striker from England alone as do Real who were trailing him several seasons ago and yet they were all going to watch him go to China for a price well within their budget? Personally i think he would have interested each of those if he is the sure thing you believe he is - as you point out his record is great and he is a big name so would have been a perfect choice for each of them if that is all there is to it and each of them have needed strikers over the last couple of windows when Dortmund have been open to offers for him so i struggle to see how ending up at Arsenal or in China means anything other than he has been passed over by bigger sides for one reason or another.

Im not saying it's a huge risk just that there is a level of risk involved which means he is potentially heading to Arsenal rather than a top side. It's the type of signing they should be making as the potential upside outweighs the potential downside
Ok mate, Ill bow to your superior knowledge of who is interested in who. Im guessing you are going simply by what is speculated in the media at the time, 90% of which is agent generated nonsense. I dont buy that no one as good as or better than Arsenal would want him, but Arsenal would need him more than any other club if they're about to lose Sanchez and as such could persue him harder than some others. If you want to perceive that as 'desperate' or whatever then fine, but Im not buying into that. There is a level of risk in any signing, lets see how this one plays out. After all this I wouldnt be surprised he doesnt go there anyway:D

Billy raises a fair point, if he is so good - why arent Chelsea after him? They could desperately use him. Why not Madrid? Why not Utd? Why not Liverpool?

I think it can easily be argued any of them would benefit from him. Yet non are interested.

When players are set for/going to China they are usually past it, not in their prime. For a player of his reputation to be on his way to China with NO competition does raise question marks, IMO.

I dont know what the answer is, but I think its a fair point to raise. For Arsenal to get him it must mean nobody else is interested. Clubs that have in the past done deals like this just to stop competition getting the player. None have batted an eyelid...

Really? He had his best ever season last season in terms of goals and assists and the season before that was his 2nd best season. £27m would be a bargain given what players move for these days, he's only 25 and has experience of winning trophies as well. Plus he is pretty rapid with good touch and can play anywhere in attacking midfield.
Yep really. He hasnt started a match this season and mostly has been an unused sub. He might still end up a good purchase but it is most definitely a gamble.

Chelsea are too busy tracking Andy Carroll...
Chelsea a very very quiet.......other than the mighty Andy C. :p rumour.

They could take both Aubameyang, Sanchez and the mighty Carroll:rolleyes: just because they can..... oh and it might quieten Conte..............

Hazard will be heading to Real sooner or later also.....

edit - Conte is looking for a tall forward.... Giroud?

Yep really. He hasnt started a match this season and mostly has been an unused sub. He might still end up a good purchase but it is most definitely a gamble.

But that's not his fault, they bought Neymar and Mbappe who are the 2 most expensive players of all time and are their darlings so whatever he does he won't get gametime. He was superb last season in the few games I saw and for £27m would be a great signing.

But that's not his fault, they bought Neymar and Mbappe who are the 2 most expensive players of all time and are their darlings so whatever he does he won't get gametime. He was superb last season in the few games I saw and for £27m would be a great signing.
This is the problem he has. New shiny toys at PSG means he is yesterday's news, and to be honest the previous season he wasn't an automatic starter by any means either. I think he could be worth a gamble at that price too but a loan first would be a far safer bet (for us).

saw a bit of Malcom in the Bordeaux game tonight.Looked very poor if arsenal want to spend 40mill on him good luck and Bordeaux should snap their hands off.

Chelsea a very very quiet.......other than the mighty Andy C. :p rumour.

They could take both Aubameyang, Sanchez and the mighty Carroll:rolleyes: just because they can..... oh and it might quieten Conte..............

Hazard will be heading to Real sooner or later also.....

edit - Conte is looking for a tall forward.... Giroud?

Chelsea are looking for bargains and IMO will sell to buy now

Roman isn’t putting the money in to make em attractive

Back