• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

If City have, as it is claimed, "ended" their pursuit of Sanchez, then Arsenal have lost any leverage. Utd can get him on a cut price deal or Arsenal will lose him for nothing
in 6 months time.

Don't see why a Sanchez deal would be predicated on Mkhitarayan going the other way. To think Arsenal could have got £60million for Sanchez in the summer makes this situation all the more ridiculous.

I wholeheartedly believe Sanchez will end up at Emirates Marketing Project one way or another. Honestly, I could see them going in at the last moment and the goons realizing it would be a bigger disaster for him to end up at Utd (Van Persie)...we shall see eh?!

Unambitious because he's eager to play and obviously out of favor at his current club?

No.
Unambitious because he would be going to a club where the manager lurches from crisis to crisis, where no-one knows when he will leave, where 10 first-team squad members are out of contract, where the two major stars look to be leaving and where it is hard to see what the plan is. Would you go there right now for anything other than the huge wages? If the player had professed a desire to go there prior to being offered up as a makeweight, then I would get it...

Can't believe how jammy the scum are to get Aubameyang for 53 mill as a replacement for Sanchez:mad:

Clever business to get him and Mikataryan in together after their fruitful partnership in Dortmund.

I wholeheartedly believe Sanchez will end up at Emirates Marketing Project one way or another. Honestly, I could see them going in at the last moment and the goons realizing it would be a bigger disaster for him to end up at Utd (Van Persie)...we shall see eh?!

I wouldn't bet against this happening either.

Can't believe how jammy the scum are to get Aubameyang for 53 mill as a replacement for Sanchez:mad:

Clever business to get him and Mikataryan in together after their fruitful partnership in Dortmund.

Don't think getting a known trouble-maker for 53m is "jammy"

Wouldn’t surprise me if Trippier has left before the transfer window closes. I think Aurier is now first choice & I think we are close to signing a new right back.

6th it is then.

So Mkhitaryan and Aubamayang are guaranteed to make an immediate positive impact at Arsenal? They won't need a season or so to bed in?

Never mind the fact that they're both in questionable runs of form, HM has made no impression on the EPL so far and PA has the reputation of a complete clam?

I'll take a consistent, balanced squad over signing whoever's available to appease the fan-base every day of the week.

So Mkhitaryan and Aubamayang are guaranteed to make an immediate positive impact at Arsenal? They won't need a season or so to bed in?

Never mind the fact that they're both in questionable runs of form, HM has made no impression on the EPL so far and PA has the reputation of a complete clam?

I'll take a consistent, balanced squad over signing whoever's available to appease the fan-base every day of the week.

Don't think Aubamayang is in quetionable form, think its more to do with attitude.

No.
Unambitious because he would be going to a club where the manager lurches from crisis to crisis, where no-one knows when he will leave, where 10 first-team squad members are out of contract, where the two major stars look to be leaving and where it is hard to see what the plan is. Would you go there right now for anything other than the huge wages? If the player had professed a desire to go there prior to being offered up as a makeweight, then I would get it...

I'd say that being content to sit on the bench and play the occasional cup game while collecting your pay packet would be unambitious, not wanting away from a club where you're already out of favor and they're bringing in a marquee name to knock you further down the pecking order.

I get that you and others may not think that going to Arsenal is a wise choice at this point in time, but I think the very fact of accepting a transfer out of a club and to another traditional "Big Four" club in order to get (more) playing time shows ambition. I know, I know, the counterargument is that if he's ambitious then he should want to stay and compete with the best for playing time. I'd say that he's been doing that for some time, without result. So, stay and cash your cheque from the bench, or go to another European mainstay in order to play as much as you can and earn your money - I know which one I think shows more ambition.

I'd say that being content to sit on the bench and play the occasional cup game while collecting your pay packet would be unambitious, not wanting away from a club where you're already out of favor and they're bringing in a marquee name to knock you further down the pecking order.

I get that you and others may not think that going to Arsenal is a wise choice at this point in time, but I think the very fact of accepting a transfer out of a club and to another traditional "Big Four" club in order to get (more) playing time shows ambition. I know, I know, the counterargument is that if he's ambitious then he should want to stay and compete with the best for playing time. I'd say that he's been doing that for some time, without result. So, stay and cash your cheque from the bench, or go to another European mainstay in order to play as much as you can and earn your money - I know which one I think shows more ambition.

Great.
I disagree.
If he allows himself to be pushed off to a club where the manager doesn't exactly seem thrilled to have him will leave him in career limbo IMO. If he coughs and holds firm until the summer, he will get the move he wants rather than a move he is being forced to make. I think is a fascinating transfer; if it happens, it shows that agents control the movement of players beyond any shadow of a doubt, that players are essentially slaves to these agents and it makes me prouder every day that our club does not always operate under their umbrella.

I'm not worried about what they do. Their problems run pretty deep at the moment and January is not the time to be making these type of changes. These are signings to appease the fans rather than being part of a wider strategy. That club is a shambles at the moment.

Back