• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

Does he replace Sanchez? I had him down as more of a pure striker. Which begs questions about how he and Lacazette are supposed to get into the team...

Maybe not directly like for like but surely they wont be binning off Lacazette this soon and would need to find a way to incorporate them both in to a new-look attack - maybe im giving them to mich credit and assuming there is a plan in place

Its a genuine wonder on my part, I have both down as strikers, and I dont see either as a #10 or Wenger going 4-4-2, so I wonder how good a move it is, accepting his obvious quality.

Smells to me, on the face of it, of a desperation move - like @StephenH says

I do remember last season lacazette (?) was linked with west ham at 30m and most pundits agreeing he wasn't worth that, I don't watch French football so I don't know if they were correct but is he actually any good.

Meyer has been a recurring one but only ever speculative IMO, not one of those links that seemed to have substance.

Meyer is a classic Spurs buy, fits the profile, so it makes sense. I can well imagine journos looking to fill column space just plucking likely candidates out of the air based on our model.

Brandt is the player I’d like from Germany

Jose must be spending another fortune on top of the one he has already spent!
Sanchez £35m + wages and agents fees on top the Zlatan who has a new contract still!

Being sponsored by Sky must help!

Can we bid for Mkhitaryan? He’s out of favour at United, yet, get him to how he can play & he’s an excellent midfielder.

I do remember last season lacazette (?) was linked with west ham at 30m and most pundits agreeing he wasn't worth that, I don't watch French football so I don't know if they were correct but is he actually any good.

French football is a bit like Dutch football, the are some good players but the league is so bad it is easy to be tricked into buying a bad or over rated player.

Jose must be spending another fortune on top of the one he has already spent!
Sanchez £35m + wages and agents fees on top the Zlatan who has a new contract still!

Being sponsored by Sky must help!

The Telegraph are estimating it at £65m.
Transfer fee - £35m. (May be made up in part by Mkhitaryan as part of the deal)
Signing on fee - £20m
Agents fee - £10m
And that’s all before the £400k pm in wages, bonuses and images rights.

It’s also being reported that Cheatski are showing an interest now.

Signing on fee - £20m
Agents fee - £10m

Total madness imho

Its a genuine wonder on my part, I have both down as strikers, and I dont see either as a #10 or Wenger going 4-4-2, so I wonder how good a move it is, accepting his obvious quality.

Smells to me, on the face of it, of a desperation move - like @StephenH says
Smells of desperation? The guy is quality and scores for fun, I wouldn’t mind a ‘desperate’ signing like him....

Signing on fee - £20m
Agents fee - £10m

And he'll be given a four year contract but will be half the player he is now, half way through that.

I believe Emirates Marketing Project will step in at the last and sign Sanchez. Which would leave Aguero at the end of the season...

Back