• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Dont get me wrong, he is obviously talented, but Ive always thought he somewhat flatters to decieve. Looks amazing on MOTD, but often doesnt actually do much.

Barca have the cash and cache to go for almost anyone in the world, Im surprised they chose him.

If I was interested in Liverpool forwards the Mane would be right at the top of the list.

Barca or Liverpool?

I'm already hearing Liverpool fans demanding Klopp to go and get Dele or Eriksen as a replacement for Coutinho
I'm not too worried about Livercult. That is just noise. Barca are the real danger to us given Eriksen's previous comments on wanting to go there at some point in his career.

Barca or Liverpool?

I'm already hearing Liverpool fans demanding Klopp to go and get Dele or Eriksen as a replacement for Coutinho

Yes. With much encouragement from the Murdoch media.

They think that Eriksen and Dele are ready to step up to a big club and win things working with the great Klarp.

Hopefully it drags on long enough that they don't get a decent replacement.

Yep, whether its £100m or £120m, thats a serious wad of cash to spend, even if other clubs inflate their fees.

Draxler (available for £35m if reports are right), Van Dijk for say £50m and £25m on say Aurier and you could argue that they're stronger afterwards. As you say, hopefully the Coutinho deal takes a lot longer

Yep, whether its £100m or £120m, thats a serious wad of cash to spend, even if other clubs inflate their fees.

Draxler (available for £35m if reports are right), Van Dijk for say £50m and £25m on say Aurier and you could argue that they're stronger afterwards. As you say, hopefully the Coutinho deal takes a lot longer

I think problems are deeper than signing a half decent CB.

They've shipped goals under Brent and now Klopp, with, I guess 5 or 6 CBs being used in that time at least, two keepers have had a run at it plus I guess 5 different full backs.

They can't all have been duds, so their problem is systemic and in the (lack of effective) coaching.

They're a mess.

So, let them reinvest - I don't think they can spend their way out of it.

If I was Klopp I would be happy to sell Coutinho to Barca for £70 million and would be biting their arm off at the the money they are now apparently offering. Liverpool could go out and get at least 3 or 4 players that would go straight into their first team, including Lanzini (as @har1984 mentioned) who I think is a better player than Coutinho anyway. If Liverpool were to swap Coutinho for Lanzini and still have £70 odd million in extra funds from the two deals then they would be absolutely laughing I think.

If I was Klopp I would be happy to sell Coutinho to Barca for £70 million and would be biting their arm off at the the money they are now apparently offering. Liverpool could go out and get at least 3 or 4 players that would go straight into their first team, including Lanzini (as @har1984 mentioned) who I think is a better player than Coutinho anyway. If Liverpool were to swap Coutinho for Lanzini and still have £70 odd million in extra funds from the two deals then they would be absolutely laughing I think.

Lanzini or Phil?

If you say so!

IMHO they will get €100m ++ for Coutinho

Back