• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

I
If I was Klopp I would be happy to sell Coutinho to Barca for £70 million and would be biting their arm off at the the money they are now apparently offering. Liverpool could go out and get at least 3 or 4 players that would go straight into their first team, including Lanzini (as @har1984 mentioned) who I think is a better player than Coutinho anyway. If Liverpool were to swap Coutinho for Lanzini and still have £70 odd million in extra funds from the two deals then they would be absolutely laughing I think.
I think a lot of the time it's the image it gives off that makes clubs dig their heels in, as we know only too well. Sometimes you need to make a stand for other reasons.

I completely agree with you on the valuation of coutinho though, id bite their Hand off.

I think some fans are under rating Coutinho. I rate him very highly. He is an important cog of Liverpool's style of play.

I don't think anyone is underrating his value to Liverpool, whether that is value in the market is a different question.

He is a cog in their machine and as vital as he is, they can improve on their first XI using the funds. For example they are in dire need of VVD and can probably cope without Coutinho with the attacking threat that they have.

Tottenham are reportedly considering a move for PSV right-back Santiago Arias as they continue to look for a replacement for Kyle Walker.

They didn't mention anything about where these reports are from.

I don't think anyone is underrating his value to Liverpool, whether that is value in the market is a different question.

He is a cog in their machine and as vital as he is, they can improve on their first XI using the funds. For example they are in dire need of VVD and can probably cope without Coutinho with the attacking threat that they have.

Not as easy as you are saying it. I see him as their own Eriksen. I don't believe that VVD would not improve them so much. They need to design a new defensive system.

So the magic number is four:

http://www.football365.com/news/poch-outlines-plans-for-four-new-tottenham-signings

3 of the 4 are presumably a GK, CB and CM/AM with specific names being Gazzaniga, Sanchez and Barkley.

4th then would either be a RB (Aurier?), youngster for the future (Foyth, Diop etc) or possibly an attacker-type (Balde). If its Foyth or Diop then we wouldnt really have added much depth to the squad for this season given we lost Walker and would have only gained two senior players who would be expected to have an immediate impact. Personally I'd like the 4th to be someone like Balde or someone who can beat a man in tight spaces in/around the box

If it's 4 then if like it to be Sanchez, Barkley, Sessegnon and the Gazzinga fella

In our situation with financial restrictions that would be a cracking good window

I think some fans are under rating Coutinho. I rate him very highly. He is an important cog of Liverpool's style of play.
I think he is the 4th most effective of their attacking quartet.... I think Mane, Firminho and Lallana are all more important than him. I really do think that Lanzini might even be an upgrade for them.

Sorry got called away while typing.....

Lanzini IMHO is not a patch on Coutinho.
Ah OK. I see. Fair enough.

I don't think there is that much between them. I think Lanzini is a lovely little player and if we were to end up losing Eriksen that is where I would be looking for his replacement.

I think that Coutinho contributes more goals but Lanzini probably knits things together better.

I think he is the 4th most effective of their attacking quartet.... I think Mane, Firminho and Lallana are all more important than him. I really do think that Lanzini might even be an upgrade for them.

I can't agree with lallana as he does not play ahead of coutinho. However i think lallana could be effective should be be asked to cover.

So the magic number is four:

http://www.football365.com/news/poch-outlines-plans-for-four-new-tottenham-signings

3 of the 4 are presumably a GK, CB and CM/AM with specific names being Gazzaniga, Sanchez and Barkley.

4th then would either be a RB (Aurier?), youngster for the future (Foyth, Diop etc) or possibly an attacker-type (Balde). If its Foyth or Diop then we wouldnt really have added much depth to the squad for this season given we lost Walker and would have only gained two senior players who would be expected to have an immediate impact. Personally I'd like the 4th to be someone like Balde or someone who can beat a man in tight spaces in/around the box

I don't see any of the 4 being a keeper in all honesty. They have tried to get Pau Lopez on the cheap and he has a year left so I would imagine they will just sign him on a free, agreed in Jan.

I would hope it will be Aurier or comparable like Pereira, Sanchez, Balde and Barkley either on Aug 31st or in January. Which if that proves to be the case is not exactly a bad window all in all.

I don't see any of the 4 being a keeper in all honesty. They have tried to get Pau Lopez on the cheap and he has a year left so I would imagine they will just sign him on a free, agreed in Jan.

I would hope it will be Aurier or comparable like Pereira, Sanchez, Balde and Barkley either on Aug 31st or in January. Which if that proves to be the case is not exactly a bad window all in all.

I can't really see any of the 4 not being a keeper - given that we had Lloris, Vorm and Lopez last year it would surprise me if Poch now decided he needed one fewer this year. Only way I can see us not signing one is if one of the youth keepers has developed sufficiently to be good enough as 3rd choice.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I can't really see any of the 4 not being a keeper - given that we had Lloris, Vorm and Lopez last year it would surprise me if Poch now decided he needed one fewer this year. Only way I can see us not signing one is if one of the youth keepers has developed sufficiently to be good enough as 3rd choice.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think Lopez came really only because we wanted a real close look at him, I don't think it is because he felt we needed 3 keepers. I would be very surprised if a keeper came in during this window, I think Lopez is absolutely nailed on as a free transfer next summer with Vorm either going somewhere for a swansong or joining the coaching staff.

Apparently Poch would not speak about Alexis Sanchez at the press conference, refusing to comment on rumours. Now, if we got him on a free in January......oh my, THAT would be an incredibly sweet deal.

Apparently Poch would not speak about Alexis Sanchez at the press conference, refusing to comment on rumours. Now, if we got him on a free in January......oh my, THAT would be an incredibly sweet deal.

I think it was relating to Davinson Sanchez. Having said that, this is a scenario I have thought about before and I actually think if we put together a package in January for Alexis Sanchez then he would consider coming on a free. I don't think he has any real loyalty to Arsenal and if he felt it was going to be the right move for him then he would join. The main issue is that it is quite likely that Chelsea/Emirates Marketing Project would also be in for him as well as PSG and Bayern and therefore we would be blown out of the water wages wise.

Back