• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

It's just Lequipe reporting it. And they did say he was signed by Utd earlier. So I'm avoiding getting excited about a very talented player.

Also he is nuts. But I still think he would be the best RB in the league

It's just Lequipe reporting it. And they did say he was signed by Utd earlier. So I'm avoiding getting excited about a very talented player.

Also he is nuts. But I still think he would be the best RB in the league

One good season with us in the league will see him get his move the following year x

I cant blame West Brom or Leicester for that. They're seeing stupid money being paid and are no doubt being quoted stupid prices for the players which they want, so why not ask stupid prices for their players? Chelsea can afford £40m so, **** it, make them pay it for Drinkwater. Regarding Evans, he's not flash but what would it cost them to replace him? We'd want more than that for Wimmer, Michael Keane cost £30m (though is a lot younger)....tell Man C they can have him for £30m.

When Johnny Evans is now worth 18m you realize the transfer market in the UK has gone completely nuts. he is a 6m player at best. And Siggy, as much as I like him going for 45 is just mental.

Inflation, innit. Johnny Evans would've been a 600k player back in '95. :D

Nothing wrong with Evans as a centre back option compared to injury liability Kompany and stars of Can't Defend, Won't Defend - Stones and Otamendi. 18m is far from over priced in this market especially as its City who are doing the bidding.

I dont view a lack of activity as a lack of intent.

Pochettino spelled it out a week or so ago. We have to wait for the big spenders to do their business so the market can become more reasonable and then we can actually looks at doing business. Thats our standing in things, he is clear on that and appears very comfortable.

How long it takes the market to normalise will dictate just when we can make moves.

You dont just not replace a player like Walker. It would be madness. He is a senior RB and has been invaluable to us for years. And, as much as possible, we have kept a senior pro in reserve/competition to him.

Looks to me like Trippier has been promoted to first choice for now, but we still need another senior player to compete.

A foreign one wouldnt be an issue in this context, as Trippier would be expected to play in the short term at least anyway. Giving anyone new time to settle and acclimate.

I woudlnt get too carried away with KWP. Excellent debut in a tricky game, but he didnt look ready for regular football to me.
We'll see. Like I said I think a new right back signing is perfectly reasonable and I think that's the more likely outcome. I just think Pochettino has a decision to make as KWP is showing real promise. It wouldn't be unlike Pochettino to trust KWP rather than sign someone. And I would be perfectly happy with that decision, just like I would be perfectly happy to see us sign a new right back.

So what is the current state of play

Barkley- out for possibly 3 months.
Diop - Lyon have made a higher bid
Sanchez- Ajax want stupid money
Foyth- Spurs reluctant to increase offer
Martial-player wants to stay at Utd
Aurier- huge visa problem

Are you suggesting that this window is going in a certain direction?!?!? I think we'll end up with Barkley, Sanchez and Diop plus Gazzaniga

We'll see. Like I said I think a new right back signing is perfectly reasonable and I think that's the more likely outcome. I just think Pochettino has a decision to make as KWP is showing real promise. It wouldn't be unlike Pochettino to trust KWP rather than sign someone. And I would be perfectly happy with that decision, just like I would be perfectly happy to see us sign a new right back.

One article I saw on Aurier last night said that basically we would bring him in so KWP can carry on developing, which is probably how I would do it.

Have two full professionals for the season, and have KWP to come in and play as is opportune.

That said, Poch has more than earned my trust, so if he chooses to go with Trippier and KWP I would go with it. Id be sceptical, but also rather interested in what KWP has in his locker that Poch would have such faith in.

Back