• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

You say RB/LB is not a position we needed someone in. I disagree. My only problem with Serge is his mental issues. The dude does absolutely stupid dumb things. He is the Balotelli of full backs. He comes with everything both good and bad.

Personally I thnk there are higher priorities. If we fill all the other priorities and then have cash left over then sure, why not. However I'd let Trippier and KWP have this season to prove themselves with the knowledge that we hopefully have Dier and Sanchez as back-ups if things gone wrong. Then buy a new RB next summer if Trippier doesnt step up and KWP doenst look like he'll make it.

for what its worth, I think our priorities should be a CB (sanchez), Barkley and some other attacker with some pace or skill and who could ideally fill in up front

You say RB/LB is not a position we needed someone in. I disagree. My only problem with Serge is his mental issues. The dude does absolutely stupid dumb things. He is the Balotelli of full backs. He comes with everything both good and bad.

That's something I remember people saying about Walker a couple of seasons ago, the confusing part is the valid UK visa seeing as he holds a French passport.

Personally I thnk there are higher priorities. If we fill all the other priorities and then have cash left over then sure, why not. However I'd let Trippier and KWP have this season to prove themselves with the knowledge that we hopefully have Dier and Sanchez as back-ups if things gone wrong. Then buy a new RB next summer if Trippier doesnt step up and KWP doenst look like he'll make it.

for what its worth, I think our priorities should be a CB (sanchez), Barkley and some other attacker with some pace or skill and who could ideally fill in up front
I wasnt as impressed as some with KWPs performance at the weekend. I thought he was caught out of positions few times and a reasonably limited player such as Atsu was able to get in behind him. KWP shows lots of promise but I would rather Aurier and Trippier were our first and second choice options with KWP as back-up in case of injury.

Hotspur Related‏@HotspurRelated 16m16 minutes ago
#thfc have made a €30M bid for Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez. [Mundo Deportivo]

17 replies21 retweets63 likes

Oh i get it now..........we're going for all the players with world class namesakes......gotta be a 'ronaldo' down south america way we can snap up.

Levy is a genius.......just as we need to secure BIG sponsor/naming rights deals.....he can lay it out to the far east dumbfudges.....'look at what we've built, look at our team...Dele, Sanchez,Kane, Suarez.....Ronaldo..'

Really dont see the point in this signing, if true. We aren't awash with cash and to me this isnt a position which needed £20m+ spent on it

We absolutely need another senior RB. Ideally one who will play effectively as a wing back as well. No question in my mind.

KWP proved he can do a job, and that in time he could be a regular player, but not that we could use him for a run of games if need be.

And not awash with money? Havent we taken in about £75m this window without spending yet? £20m on a player as highly rated as him to replace Walker is good business IMO.

The only real concern is his apparent attitude issue.

We absolutely need another senior RB. Ideally one who will play effectively as a wing back as well. No question in my mind.

KWP proved he can do a job, and that in time he could be a regular player, but not that we could use him for a run of games if need be.

And not awash with money? Havent we taken in about £75m this window without spending yet? £20m on a player as highly rated as him to replace Walker is good business IMO.

People tell me I have an attitude issue. I tell them to go fudge themselves.

Interesting. Is this a sign that Barkley isnt happening? Cant see why we'd need another CM. Suarez has never particularly stood out when I've seen him, though he does have quite big name team mates
Well, someone has posted it on teletext, so must be true!

Might be that Pochettino sees it that way. I'm not as sure as you are though.

I think we knew about Walker for a very long time. Yet we haven't seen any deals. Trippier picked up an injury, still no deal.

For me a new signing from abroad will likely take some time to settle in. KWP will take some time gaining experience and developing further. But it's not an obvious choice either way and Pochettino does have previous of trusting the untested youngster.

Interesting. Is this a sign that Barkley isnt happening? Cant see why we'd need another CM. Suarez has never particularly stood out when I've seen him, though he does have quite big name team mates

If I had to guess I would see it as leveraging Everton.

Barkley is clearly the one we want, has been for a long time - however we wont have Everton hold us at gunpoint for silly money.

So it comes out that we are making bids/enquiries for alternatives.

Everton now need to decide whether or not they will be more reasonable on the fee or if they are willing to gamble on us folding and paying up.

Having just spent £45m on Sigurdsson (Barlkeys replacement?) I know which side of that the pressure would be sitting.

Might be that Pochettino sees it that way. I'm not as sure as you are though.

I think we knew about Walker for a very long time. Yet we haven't seen any deals. Trippier picked up an injury, still no deal.

For me a new signing from abroad will likely take some time to settle in. KWP will take some time gaining experience and developing further. But it's not an obvious choice either way and Pochettino does have previous of trusting the untested youngster.

I dont view a lack of activity as a lack of intent.

Pochettino spelled it out a week or so ago. We have to wait for the big spenders to do their business so the market can become more reasonable and then we can actually looks at doing business. Thats our standing in things, he is clear on that and appears very comfortable.

How long it takes the market to normalise will dictate just when we can make moves.

You dont just not replace a player like Walker. It would be madness. He is a senior RB and has been invaluable to us for years. And, as much as possible, we have kept a senior pro in reserve/competition to him.

Looks to me like Trippier has been promoted to first choice for now, but we still need another senior player to compete.

A foreign one wouldnt be an issue in this context, as Trippier would be expected to play in the short term at least anyway. Giving anyone new time to settle and acclimate.

I woudlnt get too carried away with KWP. Excellent debut in a tricky game, but he didnt look ready for regular football to me.

Back