• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Spilt milk!

Whether we will miss him or not, there is bugger all anybody can do about.

If you don't like discussion about ins and outs and how they effect our team then maybe the best place for you isn't a transfer thread on a message board mate...

Have I stumbled in to the twilight zone or something?

Why are you having a pop at me for talking about how the transfer of Walker and the potential transfer of Rose will effect our team?

Have I stumbled in to the twilight zone or something?

Why are you having a pop at me for talking about how the transfer of Walker and the potential transfer of Rose will effect our team?

I think it is more 'the positive zone', Walker is yesterday's news and I for one don't care if we will miss him.
That page is turned and debating/discussing his departure has little point.
Looking forward to seeing how his replacements, whoever they are, performances pan out.:)

Nothing wrong with a bit of positivity - I certainly think the team can improve where we were last season, even if I think we have taken a step back in quality in certain areas - one of our key strengths is that we are a team greater than the sum of its parts, no reason to think that shouldn't continue to be the case...

He is 8 months older then Walker who went for even more money, most fees are crazy.

But neither will have any re-sale value. Compare that to £35m Davison Sanchez who, assuming he remains decent, will always have a re-sale value...and if he does well, the way transfer fees are going we'll sell him to Barca or Real for £100m in 3-4 years' time!

But neither will have any re-sale value. Compare that to £35m Davison Sanchez who, assuming he remains decent, will always have a re-sale value...and if he does well, the way transfer fees are going we'll sell him to Barca or Real for £100m in 3-4 years' time!

I I can't dance with that, but if we think paying 45 million for Siggy is crazy then City paying over 50 million for Walker is just the same. Walkers main strength is his pace and at the age he is now that will probably fade fairly quickly. Siggy is a different type of player who uses vision and does not relie on pace. Generally the first thing that players lose when they get older is their pace and after that Walker has very little else to fall back on.

I I can't dance with that, but if we think paying 45 million for Siggy is crazy then City paying over 50 million for Walker is just the same. Walkers main strength is his pace and at the age he is now that will probably fade fairly quickly. Siggy is a different type of player who uses vision and does not relie on pace. Generally the first thing that players lose when they get older is their pace and after that Walker has very little else to fall back on.

Agree, we'd never pay £30m for someone like Sissoko who relies on pace and power!! Seriously though, I love the way we generally try to sign say 20-25 year olds with potential and frankly til we're qualifying for the Cl 9 years out of 10, we cant afford much else!

Back