• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

I I can't dance with that, but if we think paying 45 million for Siggy is crazy then City paying over 50 million for Walker is just the same. Walkers main strength is his pace and at the age he is now that will probably fade fairly quickly. Siggy is a different type of player who uses vision and does not relie on pace. Generally the first thing that players lose when they get older is their pace and after that Walker has very little else to fall back on.

I'm not sure I follow your logic here, Walker is arguably the best in his position in the league whereas Sigurdsson is nowhere near the best AM in the league - if he's 45m then Walker at 50m seems reasonable by comparison

Agree, we'd never pay £30m for someone like Sissoko who relies on pace and power!! Seriously though, I love the way we generally try to sign say 20-25 year olds with potential and frankly til we're qualifying for the Cl 9 years out of 10, we cant afford much else!

I think once we have had a season at our new ground we should be in a posistion to afford to spend more on both wages and players. However we are never going to be able ( or very unlikely) to compete with the doped clubs like Chelski and City or Utd who are a money making machine.

I only hope that the fans who are always bitching about how much ( or how little) we spend accept the reality of that. Sad to say i doubt some will be able to do so..

I think once we have had a season at our new ground we should be in a posistion to afford to spend more on both wages and players. However we are never going to be able ( or very unlikely) to compete with the doped clubs like Chelski and City or Utd who are a money making machine.

I only hope that the fans who are always bitching about how much ( or how little) we spend accept the reality of that. Sad to say i doubt some will be able to do so..

Yep. The teams which we should benchmark ourselves against, frankly for most things, are Liverpool and Arse. Similar sized stadiums, owners who intend to run the clubs as a business rather than throwing money at them, not wildly different squad strengths today....the only thing the other two have on us is better global support due to periods of dominance in the last 30 years. Hopefully we can address that soon!

However if we can better compete against those two on wages and transfer fees in the coming years, then with the amazing manager and young squad which we have already, we should be extremeley competitive for a good few years to come

I'm not sure I follow your logic here, Walker is arguably the best in his position in the league whereas Sigurdsson is nowhere near the best AM in the league - if he's 45m then Walker at 50m seems reasonable by comparison

The logic is that Walker main strength will fade with age and injurys ( which according to some reports have already started to effect him) Siggy on the other hand does not relie on his pace and his other strengths should mean he remains the good player he is ( at least longer then a player who's main strength is pace.

As for Siggy Stop! Hammer time, i believe he is a better player then some do and i think he will do well at Everton.

Yep. The teams which we should benchmark ourselves against, frankly for most things, are Liverpool and Arse. Similar sized stadiums, owners who intend to run the clubs as a business rather than throwing money at them, not wildly different squad strengths today....the only thing the other two have on us is better global support due to periods of dominance in the last 30 years. Hopefully we can address that soon!

However if we can better compete against those two on wages and transfer fees in the coming years, then with the amazing manager and young squad which we have already, we should be extremeley competitive for a good few years to come

That is what we should be aiming to do and i see no reason to say we will not get there. We just have to have patience ( i know that is hard for some but it's the only way).

The logic is that Walker main strength will fade with age and injurys ( which according to some reports have already started to effect him) Siggy on the other hand does not relie on his pace and his other strengths should mean he remains the good player he is ( at least longer then a player who's main strength is pace.

As for Siggy Stop! Hammer time, i believe he is a better player then some do and i think he will do well at Everton.

His fantasy football stats don't lie

I have no idea if they do or not, i do not do fun stuff on puters.:D

Missing out I'm telling you as a 30 odd year old. Nice to be involved in most games with an interest. We have a money league arranged amongst friends which gets very interesting. £80 buy in, usually about 20 deep ...

Missing out I'm telling you as a 30 odd year old. Nice to be involved in most games with an interest. We have a money league arranged amongst friends which gets very interesting. £80 buy in, usually about 20 deep ...

Its not the games that gets to me, i have met so many fans who think because they win the Universe cup and all the other gonads on kids game they think football is as easy in the REAL world. Now if anyone thinks that does not happen try listening to some of those who do play and because they become experts on winning think they know all about tactics and which player should be used to achieve maximum efficiency. ( and all that gonads).

I am sure there are SOME intelligent enough to know its only a kids game after all ( like you and your mates) but i only seem to hear the EXPERTs in some of the pubs and fanzines. :D

Never a truer word said

The difference between the two is the clubs they are going to.

- City see Walker as a key part of Pep's system, that allows them to go that step further and win the title. In that case a 50M investment with no resale value can be justified.
- Everton? does anyone think the investments they are making is going to put them ahead of any of Pool, Spurs, City, United, Cheat$ki, Scum? they lost Lukaku, they will likely lose Barkley, they are spending serious money to challenge for a Europa league spot? in that scenario a 45M investment with no resale value makes no sense to me.

The difference between the two is the clubs they are going to.

- City see Walker as a key part of Pep's system, that allows them to go that step further and win the title. In that case a 50M investment with no resale value can be justified.
- Everton? does anyone think the investments they are making is going to put them ahead of any of Pool, Spurs, City, United, Cheat$ki, Scum? they lost Lukaku, they will likely lose Barkley, they are spending serious money to challenge for a Europa league spot? in that scenario a 45M investment with no resale value makes no sense to me.

Fair points, of course there is a difference between the clubs and City are ahead of Everton. However Everton have the new owner who has said he is willing to put money into the team ( and so far he has kept to his word), Everton are spending well ( i dare say some will disagree with that) and i think that if they keep the same desire to raise the club over the next few years they have a good chance of doing that.

They see Siggy as a player who will help them do that so spending what is crazy money ( i think 50 million for Walker is as well) and all the other crazy transfer fees that has been spent this summer is good buisness. We will have to see what happens, if Everton do improve enough to challenge for the top four over the next few years it will/would be good money spent.

Fair points, of course there is a difference between the clubs and City are ahead of Everton. However Everton have the new owner who has said he is willing to put money into the team ( and so far he has kept to his word), Everton are spending well ( i dare say some will disagree with that) and i think that if they keep the same desire to raise the club over the next few years they have a good chance of doing that.

They see Siggy as a player who will help them do that so spending what is crazy money ( i think 50 million for Walker is as well) and all the other crazy transfer fees that has been spent this summer is good buisness. We will have to see what happens, if Everton do improve enough to challenge for the top four over the next few years it will/would be good money spent.

Once Everton sell Barkley their back to a neutral position with their only increase being wages

Their owner is only worth about a Billion so although compared to everyone here he is loaded in football terms he isn't and he had to fund the new ground too

I fully expect them to spend the Tv money they bring in but don't forget their commercial revenue is shockingly bad as the have no corporate revenue if note and their simply not attractive to sponsors

Back