• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

I did, and it was notable how well we were able to do that. Its the stuff of champions, and it impressed me.

It is something we have been improving on, however its hardly a common thing is it?

Back in my days of watching regular La Liga, any game invovling the top teams was basically a result before it even kicked off. Much like Scotland, people dont even bother turning up to play Celtic, they just go through the motions until the 90 minutes are up.

Barca/Real dont face full, frantic competition very often, IMO.

So even without resting players, most league games are extended training sessions.

I'm sorry Saudi Sportswashing Machine where terrible and we had trouble breaking 11 men down. Not so unusual as they set up defensively.
But Saudi Sportswashing Machine are no better than say Deportivo. I dont see La Lega being as weak as some suggest there are some good teams in the league as with Serie A. Real and Barca ruin the league as they are so rich they hoover nearly all the top talent in Europe

This is my point. To the top teams like Real and Barca it is literally easy. Every game is just a case of score a goal and then cruise to a win.

That is much less demanding physically than the premiership, where most teams will fight tooth and nail.

His latest move would suggest that it was a clever thing to do. He's guaranteed himself some football and got a move of a lifetime.
Said it before, but him getting back into the Brazilian national team from China and after being a part of that World Cup disaster shows a lot of strength and character.

He failed at Spurs under rather difficult circumstances. That doesn't make him a poor footballer.

Totally agree on walker, if he wasn't English or hadn't been here for so long must people would rate him no higher than bardsley or clyne.
Disagree I think he is best in the league by far and one of the best in the world (if he wasn't English we would rate him no higher than English Clyne?)

- I think now he "has gone to a bigger club" his performances will suddenly improve for many outside the club will come around to this view point (even though he will be playing the same level). In fact this is already happening from what I have seen.

Right. Hahahaha! How many games where Messi, Neimar, Ronaldo, Modric etc rested last year? I haven't checked, but I bet they played every bit as much as players from other teams in Europe.

You missed the point - again. Barca and Madrid only have about two or three other really competitive games in a season. Same for Juve and the Milan's. Ditto PSG and Monaco. Here, virtually any team can beat another on any given day, so our top teams have no respite from high intensity games. Get it now?

Disagree I think he is best in the league by far and one of the best in the world (if he wasn't English we would rate him no higher than English Clyne?)

- I think now he "has gone to a bigger club" his performances will suddenly improve for many outside the club will come around to this view point (even though he will be playing the same level). In fact this is already happening from what I have seen.
I never said an English clyne.
Before poch came along and gave him and the team a stable system that suited their talents he was no better than clyne

He's had one game against a promoted team, a bit early to say he has improved.

I never said an English clyne.
Before poch came along and gave him and the team a stable system that suited their talents he was no better than clyne

He's had one game against a promoted team, a bit early to say he has improved.
he was voted PFA Young player of the year and our best ever Right Back (Sh*t poll but it would make you think he had a good season or two). He had a bad season or so, which we later found to coincide with an injury. So I think its incorrect to say that he was no better than a very limited Clyne.

The point I was making is his performances wont have improved - he will be playing at the level that he has always played at but others will raise him up due to him playing for a "bigger club".

His attitude, absolutely, I love it. Takes no prisoners, works his socks off and I think makes an impact.

Attacking wise we'll have to agree to disagree.

Have a look at this:
http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...uccessful_take_ons_%/assists/key_passes#total

If it works...

In a similar amount of games last season:
Rose made less forward passes but more dribbles/take ons. Suggests his attacking movements catch the eye more, not necessarily that Davies doesnt provide.

Rose 2 goals vs Davies 1 (though Davies did score Sunday!)

Rose significantly more shots, but Davies with more accurate shots. Again, it could be argued Rose catches the eye more, rather than Davies "does" less.

Davies had 3 assists to Rose's 2, and each had the same number of key passes.

And I think it bears repeating - we did not miss Rose in his absence. His last game was a draw at Sunderland on 31/01. After that, with Davies regularly playing, we had 14 wins and 2 losses, scoring 41 goals - we didnt skip a beat in attack and improved in defense.

I looked at the defensive stats more and Davies is clearly superior there, though Im not sure Ive seen anyone argue otherwise.

Tend to agree with this, i do believe that Rose is more dynamic in his play while Davies goes about his job without the same impression. Personally i think Davies is vastly under rated and imo is a better defender then Rose while Rose is better going forward. Put it this way IF Poch decides to sell Rose i will have no fears about Davies playing.

I'm sorry Saudi Sportswashing Machine where terrible and we had trouble breaking 11 men down. Not so unusual as they set up defensively.
But Saudi Sportswashing Machine are no better than say Deportivo. I dont see La Lega being as weak as some suggest there are some good teams in the league as with Serie A. Real and Barca ruin the league as they are so rich they hoover nearly all the top talent in Europe

This, but there are fans who have to say it a easier/worse lge to excuse the fact that the Prem is vastly over rated by many.

he was voted PFA Young player of the year and our best ever Right Back (Sh*t poll but it would make you think he had a good season or two). He had a bad season or so, which we later found to coincide with an injury. So I think its incorrect to say that he was no better than a very limited Clyne.

The point I was making is his performances wont have improved - he will be playing at the level that he has always played at but others will raise him up due to him playing for a "bigger club".

Well maybe if clyne went to a better team surrounded by better players his level would increase. Not that I'm saying clyne is great, but at Liverpool he is playing in a poor defence, as walker was pre poch.
I think walkers game came on leaps and bounds on the back off poch system. Whether that transfers to peps system is yet to be seen.

Well maybe if clyne went to a better team surrounded by better players his level would increase. Not that I'm saying clyne is great, but at Liverpool he is playing in a poor defence, as walker was pre poch.
I think walkers game came on leaps and bounds on the back off poch system. Whether that transfers to peps system is yet to be seen.
Ok I think Walker is underrated by most fans of other teams and this will change due to his move. Up until his move most Spurs fans I know recognized him as a top player.

Tend to agree with this, i do believe that Rose is more dynamic in his play while Davies goes about his job without the same impression. Personally i think Davies is vastly under rated and imo is a better defender then Rose while Rose is better going forward. Put it this way IF Poch decides to sell Rose i will have no fears about Davies playing.

Kind of says it all, doesnt it?

Im certainly not down on Rose at all, I should clarify. He is a quality player and I hope he stays a long time.

All I am saying is that I think his reputation is somewhat bigger than his actual performance, and in terms of our squad he really isnt irreplaceable.

I wouldnt lose any sleep about selling him, especially in this market, despite liking him a great deal and prefering he stayed.

I think over the course of a league season we will miss Rose should he leave and Davies be first choice in his place, similarly I think we will miss Walker this season also - question, imo, is whether we can improve other areas of the team to negate that loss - which I think we can as is the case with pretty much any single player from this squad moving on.

That's not to say I don't rate either Trippier or Davies ; they're both solid dependable players, i just see Rose and Walker as a level or two above

Will we? As we discussed earlier, Rose and Davies virtually split last season down the middle. And the performance of the team wasnt severely changed either way. If anything it performed better with Davies, though of course theres nothing to suggest it was BECAUSE of Davies.

Look at Saudi Sportswashing Machine Sunday, our new first choice is out, we bring in a kid from the academy, and were fine. Despite it being a hell of a place to make a debut and Saudi Sportswashing Machine (naturally) targetting said player.

I think if we get decent back up to Walker (and Rose, should he go) we will be fine.

If Rose went and we got in Sessengnon and Perreira I dont think either would be missed at all.

That said, the £100m+ they brought in would certainly go to improving other areas. Rather than negating any loss though it would just make us stronger ;)

You missed the point - again. Barca and Madrid only have about two or three other really competitive games in a season. Same for Juve and the Milan's. Ditto PSG and Monaco. Here, virtually any team can beat another on any given day, so our top teams have no respite from high intensity games. Get it now?
I get what you say, but I think you underestimate other leagues and/overestimate the PL to a certain extent. Having two cup competitions though, is just stupid imo. Could do without one of them.

We coped well without Alderweireld and Kane at seperate points in the second half of last season and further to our discussion on Dembele we done well without him at various points too and I'm sure no one would argue that the team isn't better with them in it, despite our record without them.

I think over the course of a league season we will miss Rose should he leave and Davies be first choice in his place, similarly I think we will miss Walker this season also - question, imo, is whether we can improve other areas of the team to negate that loss - which I think we can as is the case with pretty much any single player from this squad moving on.

That's not to say I don't rate either Trippier or Davies ; they're both solid dependable players, i just see Rose and Walker as a level or two above

Are we still in mourning for Walker?

Time to move on - mind I do still shed a tear for Modric.
But Walker was not fit to chew on Luca's shoelaces!

Back