• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

You didn't actually bother to read my full post did you.... "Not that this now applies to Hazard as he's already pretty much unattainable if the rumours are true."

I read the post, I was just saying we have no chance now. Basically if City, Chelsea or Utd seriously want a player.....we aren't getting them!

Wow, I didn't know that. Can't find anything online about it either? Where did that figure come from? I just assumed as he was signed so cheaply he would have gotten a big signing on fee, but didn't realise he was on that match money per week. WTF was Levy thinking?!

It wasn't shouted about too loud but there were a lot of reports both at the time and then during his loan back to Everton:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...naar-rejected-chelsea-after-tottenham-offered

Not that Goal is the best source.

How's about...

"The sun'll come out, Vertonghen...
Betcha bottom dollar, that Vertonghen...
He will come...

Just thinkin' about, Vertonghen...
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow... 'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck a day
That's gray, And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin, And Saaaay,
Oh!

The sun'll come out, Vertonghen
So ya gotta hang on, 'To Vertonghen
Come what may...

Vertonghen! Vertonghen!
We love ya Vertonghen!
You play it the Tottenahm way!"

(or maybe just the last bit....) too soon?
Are you Scott Kieran in disguise?

You know it'll be "Super, Super Jan, Super Jan Vertonghen"

We signed Modric from the Croatian League, and look how he's turned out!

This is the entire point with scouting though. People say there isn't much to it as all the best talent is generally known about. In actual fact, for the smaller clubs at least, the talent lies in being able to identify the truelly gifted players just before they hit the stella heights and become a "no brainer" for the big clubs.

Moonlit Knight says we should have bought Hazard 2/3 years ago, but the fact is, if he hadn't had such a phenomenal season this season he would still be in that "is he, isn't he" limbo where a smaller club can still get a hold of him.

If we're talking about France, just look at Drogba and Henry and how long it took them to get really noticed.

Egg on face time for me (as I said he would choose football over money). City are ahead of ourselves and Man Utd. All three clubs are offering him top wage, the player (and his clan) are seeking the best overall package (first team football, preferred position, progression and development, champions league and so on). His family are obsessed with achieving greatness and Hazard himself wants to be the best player in the world. As much as I hate on City, their foundations are far superior to most. We've got a bid in with Lille, its been accepted much like City and Utd but it's the player who has to decide.

At least Levy is in there trying to sign him. All you can ask for. Nothing you can do if the player fudges you off and goes elsewhere.

Assou-Ekotto considering future

Benoit Assou-Ekotto may seek to leave Tottenham Hotspur at the end of the season.

Assou-Ekotto, 28, signed for Spurs from Lens in 2006 and is a key part of the first-team, but he has revealed he has spoken to chairman Daniel Levy about a potential transfer and is eager to move on to bigger things.

"Everything is possible," he told France Football. "When I met the chairman last January he told me that, if a club bigger than Tottenham came in for me, he wouldn't necessarily be against my departure.

"If there is a change at Tottenham - some more money is made available - I wouldn't be against the idea of staying, but otherwise I'll try to move forwards, as I did when I left Lens."

Asked if he would be looking to join a club that regularly participates in the Champions League, he said: "Yes. All players want to play in this competition.

"A few months ago, I said I never wanted to play in the Europa League because that competition is useless.

"I have a gentleman's agreement with the chairman. As he is a man of his word, I hope that will make things easier if a great club comes in."

~~~~

LOL

Benoit Assou-Ekotto may seek to leave Tottenham Hotspur at the end of the season.

Assou-Ekotto, 28, signed for Spurs from Lens in 2006 and is a key part of the first-team, but he has revealed he has spoken to chairman Daniel Levy about a potential transfer and is eager to move on to bigger things.

"Everything is possible," he told France Football. "When I met the chairman last January he told me that, if a club bigger than Tottenham came in for me, he wouldn't necessarily be against my departure.

"If there is a change at Tottenham - some more money is made available - I wouldn't be against the idea of staying, but otherwise I'll try to move forwards, as I did when I left Lens."

Asked if he would be looking to join a club that regularly participates in the Champions League, he said: "Yes. All players want to play in this competition.

"A few months ago, I said I never wanted to play in the Europa League because that competition is useless.

"I have a gentleman's agreement with the chairman. As he is a man of his word, I hope that will make things easier if a great club comes in."

~~~~

LOL

So did Modric :lol:

And on Elia:

Elia, 25, signed for Juve from Hamburg last summer in a €9 million deal, but he has played a total of 107 minutes in their Scudetto-winning season.

He accepts that he will now play no part in Netherlands' Euro 2012 campaign this summer and feels he will need to "start all over again" in terms of his career.

"I want to leave Juventus," he told Algemeen Dagblad. "I want to enjoy playing football again. I remained quiet all year, always keeping a positive attitude towards the club and the team, but I never got a chance to prove my worth.

"I didn't play much and consequently I'll miss out on Euro 2012. It's fair to say this season has been a failure. It's really hurt me, but I've become stronger mentally. I'm 25 now and I still have a long career ahead of me."

Someone (I think it was chich) asked about this guy a few weeks ago and it looks like he wants a move. Still confused about whether he was injured for a portion of his stay at Juve or if he fell out with the manager.

~~~~

LOL

hhmmmmmmmmmmm, where have i heard this before?

Back