• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Danny Fox? GHod he's brick.

If we are in for any defenders at Southampton it should be for young Luke Shaw.

Yep i have said about luke shaw a few times.

I started a new thread on this because frankly i think it is bigger then just transfer news, the fact that the player who plays nearly every game wants out, i think this is bigger then just transfer news.

Assou-Ekotto considering future

Benoit Assou-Ekotto may seek to leave Tottenham Hotspur at the end of the season.

Assou-Ekotto, 28, signed for Spurs from Lens in 2006 and is a key part of the first-team, but he has revealed he has spoken to chairman Daniel Levy about a potential transfer and is eager to move on to bigger things.

"Everything is possible," he told France Football. "When I met the chairman last January he told me that, if a club bigger than Tottenham came in for me, he wouldn't necessarily be against my departure.

"If there is a change at Tottenham - some more money is made available - I wouldn't be against the idea of staying, but otherwise I'll try to move forwards, as I did when I left Lens."

Asked if he would be looking to join a club that regularly participates in the Champions League, he said: "Yes. All players want to play in this competition.

"A few months ago, I said I never wanted to play in the Europa League because that competition is useless.

"I have a gentleman's agreement with the chairman. As he is a man of his word, I hope that will make things easier if a great club comes in."

~~~~

LOL

Is this him angling for a new and improved contract?

I wouldn't mind a bit of money being made available for transfers this summer myself.

Good left backs are very hard to find, and quite expensive. I doubt we would let Ekotto go for less than ?ú12-15m and I doubt there are many clubs around that would be willing to pay that for him.

Does this mean Lennon has no future? Not so sure i would be happy if Ade was our top rated striker next season. Out of curiosity who would be stepping up if Ade was injured or during the ANC?

good questions.

I'd say you'd have to be crazy to drop Lennon every week, but this could be used if we're looking to rotate the squad (or any of the given 2-3 months Lennon is out injured). And as for Ade, I didn't really know who else to put up there because I have no idea who we'll sign. I'd rather a pure goal scorer in that line-up tbh. More the point i was trying to get at was that we could play with 3 CBs who can all pass it on the deck and make runs into the opposing half which would be a change from Daws' hoofball methods.

It's funny really how so many fans fall over themselves about signing foreign players, especially French ones (all I can personally think of is that most of these guys are great in FM and that's how the reputation starts) and yet the thought of signing Joe Cole (who by all accounts has done brilliant in their league this year according to the two frenchman I know!) is treated with disgust! :lol:

I've never been a fan of Joe Cole personally, but I wonder if people would be more accepting of him if he was Le Joe Colineo!

Has very little to do with nationality and a lot more to do with age. Hazard turned 21 this winter, if Joe Cole was that age and doing as well as Hazard I'm sure people would want us to sign him.

good questions.

I'd say you'd have to be crazy to drop Lennon every week, but this could be used if we're looking to rotate the squad (or any of the given 2-3 months Lennon is out injured). And as for Ade, I didn't really know who else to put up there because I have no idea who we'll sign. I'd rather a pure goal scorer in that line-up tbh. More the point i was trying to get at was that we could play with 3 CBs who can all pass it on the deck and make runs into the opposing half which would be a change from Daws' hoofball methods.

I think it's an interesting formation and Vertonghen could probably push up a bit as I imagine 3 CBs would get a bit bored while in possession. He has the capability to play DM so it should be a comfortable role for him.

As for the strikers, we don't even know if Defoe will be up there either so it's still tentative. This formation would also mean that Bale would have to defend more, which is fine as long as he actually does that.

No way we're changing to a consistent 3-5-2 under Harry, very little chance of Harry leaving and even if we got a new manager there would be very few of them that would go for a consistent 3-5-2.

Time to send Ekotto some abuse on Twitter!

To be honest, this is a player I will never begrudge for saying he wants to leave as at least he is honest about his reasons about going.

Definitely a crowd favorite, whether he is considered amongst the best left backs or not, he is certainly a player I love having at this club.

http://ragemag.fr/on-a-du-mal-a-sid...2/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Translate this into English...

Says he prefers to focus on City's than clubs. In London he is spoiled by the number of clubs. But he would not transfer to Arsenal. It is not allowed.
Talks of Gallas and Campbell. Says switching clubs is tolerated but not transfers.

Says we started at 200% this season but are ending at 80%. Next year, the players and him, if he is still there, will be more even.

Got a good head on him.

Edit* sorry realised this was in the other Ekotto thread.

And on Elia:

Someone (I think it was chich) asked about this guy a few weeks ago and it looks like he wants a move. Still confused about whether he was injured for a portion of his stay at Juve or if he fell out with the manager.

He was heavily linked with Liverpool last summer. I think they'll swoop.

I've said for a while that my hope for next season in regards to transfer dealings (incomings) is:

1 cb
1 right sided attacking midfielder/striker
1 top quality striker

I've now thought about it a bit more and accept we'd likely need 2 strikers that can play up top by themselves. It seems vertoghen is the cb, and i hope Ade is the striker but i've now decided that victor Moses is the player i want for the right sided midfielder/striker spot.

So Vertonghen, Moses, Adebayor and another target man type striker.

Now if we sell Luka then i maintain that i want Sigurdsson to come in.

I've said for a while that my hope for next season in regards to transfer dealings (incomings) is:

1 cb
1 right sided attacking midfielder/striker
1 top quality striker

I've now thought about it a bit more and accept we'd likely need 2 strikers that can play up top by themselves. It seems vertoghen is the cb, and i hope Ade is the striker but i've now decided that victor Moses is the player i want for the right sided midfielder/striker spot.

So Vertonghen, Moses, Adebayor and another target man type striker.

Now if we sell Luka then i maintain that i want Sigurdsson to come in.

I like that. I would take a utility worker and try-er like Dirk Kuyt too. Out of favour. A move could be really good for him. Could use him up top, as part of a front 3 or just the right side of midfield. We don't have a player like him.

I guess I started to really get excited thinking about this and did what any self-respectable fan would do...

Drew up a new formation.

If we're all healthy*, it would leave us with 4 CBs with real quality (Caulker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Kaboom) 3 of which can pass it about and make runs into the opposing half (Dawson's just not this type). And going with what we have now** it looks like an extremely solid option both defensively and in attack.

you could change out Walker with Lennon if you wanted, but it looks near impenetrable defensively, and adding a clinical finisher at striker i'd say its a good option to look into.

Should challenge for a lot more corners as well. Caulker, Kaboom, Vertonghen, Sandro, Bale all can head the ball well.

opinions??

*big if...

**i know i know, we might not have Defoe, Ade, Modric or Bale.

Played this exact formation on FM recently, and had great success.

Knew I was going to get loads of centre backs back from loan in the second season (I always play the first without making signings to see how I can do with our squad) and came up with this. Sold Lennon, brought Berbatov back on a free and gave Bale and Walker the freedom of the flanks.

Managed to win the CL in my second season playing some of the most spunk worthy football I've honestly ever seen on FM. Therefore, this is definitely what we should do IRL.

Bit strange how Juve wasted their young wingers (Elia & Krasic) this season.
But we don't need to go too far to find similar examples with Kranjcar and Gio.

I don't think we're going to be seeing:

King ,Nelsen, corluka, Bentley, Jenas, Pienaar, Kranjcar ,Gio and Defoe next season. Rose will probably be loaned out as Naughton will probably be back.

25 man squad

Friedel
Cudicini
Walker
Naughton
Ekotto
Kaboul
Caulker
Vertonghen
Dawson
Gallas
Lennon
Moses
Sandro
Parker
Modric
Huddlestone
Bale
Townsend
VDV
Adebayor
New striker
Saha

so that's 22 of a 25 man squad. A young LB to cover Ekotto would be good too and a third choice gk will probably make it 24.

I like that. I would take a utility worker and try-er like Dirk Kuyt too. Out of favour. A move could be really good for him. Could use him up top, as part of a front 3 or just the right side of midfield. We don't have a player like him.

Yes i'm a fan of kuyt so good shout on him. i think he's still got it too.

I am intrigued that so many of you are talking as if Vertonghen is a done deal. If we do not make CL I doubt he will sign, and even if we do there is no guarantee he will not sign for Arsenal all some other team

Back