• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

It’s too easy to over-complicate it, I think. The fact that we’ve had Pochettino, Mourinho and now Conte and yet not managed to win a trophy tells me that there’s more to it than managerial failures.

We should hire Tuchel now. I'm only half-joking. I'm not sure he'd fare any better than Mourinho and Conte but his teams are more entertaining to watch.

I think there is some truth to the testing circumstances that we face - and that we probably have to factor in that we are less-well equipped to suffer bumps in the road in comparison to other top sides, we're still very much a poor squad (comparatively) trying to improve and it's still relatively early days under the coach. Whether it's enough to fully explain away the poor form is up for debate
I can't shake the feeling that there's some sort of agenda at work as well, whether it's a pecking order or whatever. My best memories post-Poch were when Kane and Son worked for each other, setting each other up and playing like a team up top. Suddenly it stopped, and both of them started shooting with passing looking like a last option, and sometimes even not then. And I'm don't mean taking a potshot from outside the box, which I like. There were exceptions of course, but to me it was pretty obvious. Without a facilitator and with Kulu out, we are 99% dependant on that partnership working to have some sort of a plan. It's so easy to forget when saved by some individual skill or set piece that you perhaps didn't play very well and making the same mistakes next week.

It has been bad Romero has missed loads of games, Bentancur has missed lots too, Kulu and Richy have both missed the most probably. With them two missing Lucas becomes a key player and guess what he has missed loads of games as well. Son has missed quite a few games. Due to all this Kane played 90 mins every few days for something like 10 plus games.

We are in the CL and due to that and the world cup we were playing PL and CL every few days for entire first half of the season once the CL began. When you are missing all these players and playing every few days (constantly) it takes its toll even more on those forced to play game after game.

None of this is groundbreaking revelations and frankly its beyond belief I have to spell this out to you and others.

You are either being deliberately disingenuous at this point or got absolutely tanked at the game today.

Being disingenuous or tanked? Nice reply

Benta - 21 Apps
Romero - 14 Apps
Richy - 15 Apps
Deki - 12 Apps

Thats out of 23 games, thats hardly the crisis you speak of, they have also not all been out the same time and that also does not include games where Benta was dropped for Yves and Deki was on the bench for Kane, Son and Richy especially early on in the season and recently for Liverpool and Forrest in the EFL. So you have purposely over egged your injury crisis pudding somewhat. Go through the games this season, shock yourself at in actual fact how many times these lads you speak of were available but didnt get picked, it might shock you.

It also does not account for the summer additions who have come in and especially early on in the season had little or no game time and only got integrated when the team was played into the ground. It also did not and does not explain the constant loyalty shown at times to Sess, Emerson and Son over the season when anyone with two eyes (Tanked or not tanked) could see they were putting in sub par performances AND that was with options on the bench. Took him forever and a day to bring in Yves and low and behold he has stuttered to show the full potential shown at Brighton (shock)......

Im not having that this so called injury crisis is to blame purely for being able to take 1 point against Brentford and Aston Villa, losing in the EFL to Forrest or the overly limp first halves (10 in a row now).

AND lets get things right here, he had additions in the summer, CL and Injuries are part of the game. Are you really saying he gets a free pass because he has to deal with the nature of the modern game? I mean come on, thats literally the price of success, moderate or otherwise, are we saying he is not up to dealing with that?

Last edited:

Deki - 18 Apps
Benta - 21 Apps
Romero - 14 Apps
Richy - 15 Apps

Thats out of 23 games, thats hardly the crisis you speak of, they have also not all been out the same time and that also does not include games where Benta was dropped for Yves and Deki was on the bench for Kane, Son and Richy especially early on in the season and recently for Liverpool and Forrest in the EFL. So you have purposely over egged your injury crisis pudding somewhat. Go through the games this season, shock yourself at in actual fact how many times these lads you speak of were available but didnt get picked, it might shock you.

It also does not account for the summer additions who have come in and especially early on in the season had little or no game time and only got integrated when the team was played into the ground. It also did not and does not explain the constant loyalty shown at times to Sess, Emerson and Son over the season when anyone with two eyes (Tanked or not tanked) could see they were putting in sub par performances AND that was with options on the bench. Took him forever and a day to bring in Yves and low and behold he has stuttered to show the full potential shown at Brighton (shock)......

Im not having that this so called injury crisis is to blame purely for being able to take 1 point against Brentford and Aston Villa, losing in the EFL to Forrest or the overly limp first halves (10 in a row now).

AND lets get things right here, he had additions in the summer, CL and Injuries are part of the game. Are you really saying he gets a free pass because he has to deal with the nature of the modern game? I mean come on, thats literally the price of success, moderate or otherwise, are we saying he is not up to dealing with that?
I get your views around conte being accountable. I agree.
But where did you get your numbers from?

We should hire Tuchel now. I'm only half-joking. I'm not sure he'd fare any better than Mourinho and Conte but his teams are more entertaining to watch.
Either way, the club has to make a stand. Either we back Conte with what he needs (exactly what he says he needs, within reason. Sorry mate, no Mbappe) AND hold him accountable for it (you get sacked, 25% of the transfer fees come out of your sendoff payment or whatever it's called) or we cut the tie. We can't throw away a season and potential CL play having a manager sulking about not having this and that and a creative player out of a squad of 40 or whatever, and players refusing to play for 90 minutes. And having a few injuries shouldn't lead to the rest of the players going into a collective depression where they seem to forget how to do the most basic things. No risk, no reward. Without having a microounce of saying in that matter, I'd go with that.

I get your views around conte being accountable. I agree.
But where did you get your numbers from?

Freely available everywhere mate.

Bentacur been out for one game (head injury) before the WC so the idea he has been a major injury concern is laughable.

Barely, till now, have the injuries aligned TBH, so yeh we can claim injury issues now, but not as an excuse for the season.

If people go back through the match threads its interesting to see as alot of those claiming injury crisis all say "we are the better team on paper today". Its actually funny to join the dots on who says what on here

Freely available everywhere mate.

Bentacur been out for one game (head injury) before the WC so the idea he has been a major injury concern is laughable.
Yeah
He had concussion
I was going from memory though and had Kulu at 10 games
Richarlison only was suspended for the first game then was injured vs Everton, coming back the last game before the WC so 13 games then back for the last one
I think your numbers with Kulu may include the friendlies
Your need to include moura too who has been out all season pretty much all season and I think played in about 8/9 games

Trophy talk is a nonsense tbh - Mourinho had one full season and Conte hasn't even had that yet and they both walked in to a situation where we weren't a club in any ppsition to be winning trophies. Poch got us close and at our peak we had a team that could go toe to toe with the best but due to financial restrictions did not have the depth our rivals have/had.

We need to crawl before we can walk atm and first step is to build a good team, with potential and strength in depth.

As fans we also need to accept that conte has only been here for just over a year.
We all know the state we were in, that was never going to be turned around in the most disrupted season in memory.
Managers need time, let conte get us walking before we judge him. If we continue to fall over then we have a problem.

No chance for me
What too clumsy
He is a 9 but not on Kanes level
Would need to have so many other scorers
Vlahovic could
Osihmen could
May well be others too

We aren't getting another peak kane anytime soon, we really need to accept that and find another way.

Yeah
He had concussion
I was going from memory though and had Kulu at 10 games
Richarlison only was suspended for the first game then was injured vs Everton, coming back the last game before the WC so 13 games then back for the last one
I think your numbers with Kulu may include the friendlies
Your need to include moura too who has been out all season pretty much all season and I think played in about 8/9 games

Moura has 11 apps which for someone who is not fancied by pretty much anyone is not bad considering that we have 26 games so far this year.

Im no denying we have had injuries BTW but they have not (till today) been anywhere near as bad as made out and like I say and nearly no times all those originally mentioned were out together. Like I say at the start of the season Conte had all to choose from and dropped Deki (whcih cause fan uproar on here) and plumped for Son, Kane and Richy on the right.

Anyway, fast forward to today and I can't be having that the sides out against Villa and Brentford are worth 1 point....ok they have been, but you get my point

As fans we also need to accept that conte has only been here for just over a year.
We all know the state we were in, that was never going to be turned around in the most disrupted season in memory.
Managers need time, let conte get us walking before we judge him. If we continue to fall over then we have a problem.

That would be an easier position for everyone to get on board with if the manager was signed up officially to the long-term project, until such a time he remains a short-term appointment and should be judged accordingly

That would be an easier position for everyone to get on board with if the manager was signed up officially to the long-term project, until such a time he remains a short-term appointment and should be judged accordingly

Surely if he signs now the club hold all the cards.

Surely if he signs now the club hold all the cards.

If we're worried about who holds the cards then the problems run deep - without all on the same page at the top level we're going nowhere. Conte always has the option to walk away from a long contract, so not much changes in that regard.

If he wants to be judged long term, then he needs to show us that's what he's here for.

We aren't getting another peak kane anytime soon, we really need to accept that and find another way.
I agree
But weirdly fans seem to think Kane is gone already
We do need another way and to do that we do need another striker

Benta - 21 Apps
Romero - 14 Apps
Richy - 15 Apps
Deki - 12 Apps

So Romero, Deki and Richarlison have missed loads of games by your own numbers. Bentancur missed game(s) prior to the world cup and has missed our last two since we returned and will miss more from Palace onwards no doubt, ditto for Kulu. Lucas has missed loads of games and will continue to miss loads of games. Doherty has been unable to start in loads of games as he got back up to speed after his serious injury last season. Son was injured. Others have been injured too.

There are two specific points however that you seem either unable or unwilling to understand. The first is how our attack has been decimated by injuries. Kulu, Richy and Lucas have all missed loads of games often at the same time. Son has also missed games. Kane has therefore had to play 90 mins every few days for many many games. The other point which magnifies the injury situation is the schedule which you refer to as ‘the nature of the modern game’. That is simply not correct. This season the schedule has been like no other for those teams playing in the CL. Since the CL began these teams have literally been playing highly competitive games every few days all the way through until the world cup. That is not the modern game, it is the symptom of having a winter world cup which has never happened in football history.

Its fair enough if you are unable or unwilling to understand the significance of what I have outlined. It would be interesting to know what you would like to see happen moving forward however. Are you advocating for some kind of change within the structure of the club. You are clearly very unhappy and do not feel there are any justifiable mitigating factors for performances this season, so what is it you want?

Moura has 11 apps which for someone who is not fancied by pretty much anyone is not bad considering that we have 26 games so far this year.

Im no denying we have had injuries BTW but they have not (till today) been anywhere near as bad as made out and like I say and nearly no times all those originally mentioned were out together. Like I say at the start of the season Conte had all to choose from and dropped Deki (whcih cause fan uproar on here) and plumped for Son, Kane and Richy on the right.

Anyway, fast forward to today and I can't be having that the sides out against Villa and Brentford are worth 1 point....ok they have been, but you get my point

vs Brentford and today we didn’t get the luck that you sometimes need, but the fudging desire was lacking so much it was scary
Villa had a French kid in CM who absolutely owned Bissouma
Konsa (very good Cb) won everything that came near him and was outstanding
Players can step up if they work hard but we didn’t work hard enough

against Brentford I still think we did enough to win it but didn’t get the rub of the green. But we could have made it much easier

So Romero, Deki and Richarlison have missed loads of games by your own numbers. Bentancur missed game(s) prior to the world cup and has missed our last two since we returned and will miss more from Palace onwards no doubt, ditto for Kulu. Lucas has missed loads of games and will continue to miss loads of games. Doherty has been unable to start in loads of games as he got back up to speed after his serious injury last season. Son was injured. Others have been injured too.

There are two specific points however that you seem either unable or unwilling to understand. The first is how our attack has been decimated by injuries. Kulu, Richy and Lucas have all missed loads of games often at the same time. Son has also missed games. Kane has therefore had to play 90 mins every few days for many many games. The other point which magnifies the injury situation is the schedule which you refer to as ‘the nature of the modern game’. That is simply not correct. This season the schedule has been like no other for those teams playing in the CL. Since the CL began these teams have literally been playing highly competitive games every few days all the way through until the world cup. That is not the modern game, it is the symptom of having a winter world cup which has never happened in football history.

Its fair enough if you are unable or unwilling to understand the significance of what I have outlined. It would be interesting to know what you would like to see happen moving forward however. Are you advocating for some kind of change within the structure of the club. You are clearly very unhappy and do not feel there are any justifiable mitigating factors for performances this season, so what is it you want?

Bentacur missed one game before the WC so you are wrong, he was also dropped, as Deki, Richy and Moura have been which makes their numbers look worse at times. You say its me ignoring things, its clearly not because as I have also said, there have been rare times, till post WC that all those players have been out at the same time.

So what are we now saying, we cant handle a player being out? Combinations or Kane, Son, Deki or Richy have played in every game bar one this season, are we now saying Son and Kane are not able to be motivated to be good players?

And WTF are you on about that being in the CL is somehow all of a sudden an issues? We have been in the CL before, every team has, regardless of the WC (When you lose the players not asked to play games whilst its on) you still have 2 games a week......FFS, 2 games a week is not new.

Also let's not ignore clubs get 5 subs a game now....shame we use ours so poorly that it negates that being a tool to use...but no...poor Spurs, poor Conte

Im unhappy that people are trying to lay excuses at Conte feet for situations in football that every club has to deal with which is a leveller whilst ignoring, as I have pointed out in other threads, his unwillingness to try other players (till his own system has broken). You have ignored a major point where I have pointed out that he has played players, out of form, which has cost us, when other players have been available, its an absolute fact, go back and look at the games and the squads we had, it also puts your point firmly in the bin about havin options because bar United away and Today we have had many of the options you claim we have not.

Conte has to motivate and improve what he has, thats what I want or I want him to go for a manager that can, its simple TBH. These ideas that he is a winner and an intellect HOWEVER he can't play or cultivate or improve youth or the fringe, thats utterly laughable and kind of makes the 14m a year a joke to pay.

Last edited:
Left in a massive huff when the 2nd goal went in

That was pathetic, not enough attacking intent against a negative team
The few times we did step it up in the 1st half we played nice football and almost got something
Lloris is pathetic, not one mistake in the WC, 1st game back fumbles them a goal, total tosser
Son/Kane, awful
Perisic at least tried

and one final note, who was that ref, one of the worst performances I have ever seen

I really don't want to get rid of Conte to replace him with Poch but where do we go from here ?

I really don't know, all I know is that in 2 weeks time we are getting our arses handed to us on a plate by Arsenal, that will be embarassing

At least my little girl got a wave off Sonny, Lenglet, Dier, Conte before the game, that made her happy
Calm down mate , you was saying only yesterday it was only one game , not ten or twenty and now you are asking : where do we go from here ?

But….
ive just seen a spurs fan post yay vilal brought on Ings and we had no one on the bench, so we haven’t got enough
People who are injured are quickly forgotten at times

We need more quality depth. Injuries aside, we need to be able to rest Kane, rest Son, rest them both at the same time occasionally. Dier was rested yet the same issues occurred (unsurprisingly I might add), so we need another CB, we need better quality at WB. I felt we needed an extra but am starting to think Sarr can be that man. We will sell Skippy in the next 6 months IMO, and I personally would be looking to upgrade on Bissouma, as I don’t think he’s going to be good enough for us.

Back