• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

That result was coming to be fair. Didn’t really think it’d be today but you can’t keep giving teams leads and getting away with it.

Thought we were okay up to the first goal. We were poison afterwards. Never looked like scoring.

Hard to know where we go from here. It’ll be the wrong path but I can’t see Conte lasting much beyond February. City twice, Woolwich and Chelsea to come before then. It’s been threatening to implode, no idea why, but today was the first major step towards the end of his reign.
Thing is, those games we could very well get something from. It's not as we have poor players, it's just that they are not acting very professional at the time. We need to put away most of those teams we're supposed to be better than.

I said earlier this season that our defence only appeared to be decent because of the way we defended so deep and with virtually everyone back. Time has proven me correct. We don't have good defenders, we aren't good defensively. If we don't pack our box with virtually everyone we WILL concede.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Lenglet, Dier and Davies are for teams fighting to avoid relegation. Sanchez and Sessegnon are Championship level players, while Tanganga and Royal are League One.

Deserved boos - Conte is starting to look like he's on borrowed time.

I will say this for him though - he needs the personnel to play his system, and we just haven't given them to him. As with Mourinho. And while I am starting to get sick to the back teeth of him and his obsessions with predictable automatisms everyone in the league has figured out, nothing will change at this club if we sack him and get Poch back, or anyone, really.

Because this same set of players will let them down too.

I'm all Conte out. Not because we have a brilliant squad that should win the league, but because we are much worse than the sum of the parts, and have been for some time!
A good manager should be able to get the team to be better than the sum of the parts, or at least on par. We're far from that! It's actually getting worse by each game! Honestly, have any of you seen any progress, any sign of being able to alter our way of play to suit players, or to counter opposition tactics? I haven't.

I think Conte has this fixed idea with Bissouma when Bența isnt available and Skipp for Hojbjerg. He should have started Skipp over Bissouma, he was poor against brentford, poor here, poor since he signed.
Bissouma reminds me of Winks, tidy player on the ball but virtually no defensive awareness. Both players who scored were 'his men' to mark, they just ran past him.

I'm all Conte out. Not because we have a brilliant squad that should win the league, but because we are much worse than the sum of the parts, and have been for some time!
A good manager should be able to get the team to be better than the sum of the parts, or at least on par. We're far from that! It's actually getting worse by each game! Honestly, have any of you seen any progress, any sign of being able to alter our way of play to suit players, or to counter opposition tactics? I haven't.

we are unmanageable, we’ve had some of the best in the game over the last decade, and still shat ourselves regularly

Worryingly , we have a lot of deadwood we can't get rid of. Our best players are old and seem to be on the decline ( kane , Son, Loris etc).
We have no academy players coming through.
The younger players we have bought like Gil, Spence etc don't seem to be good enough or arent going to get a game.
I posted a long drunken post last night on the PL thread saying how depressing it was with us and those down the road.
I was told its only one game but now it's two for us and two for all our rivals and they gave all come back the same or even better.
Its clear we have huge problems and are miles away.
We simply have to many poor or ageing players that appear to be on the decline.
I'm seriously thinking of giving the rest of this season a miss.
It's going to be a very long season (literally and metaphorically) as there are more games post world cup than pre world cup and with these performances and injuries it's going to be a test of endurance.

Perisic the only one who looked vaguely interested today. And maybe Romero - he was the one trying to force their keeper into an error in injury time - but living dangerously with that ref.

I don't know. I want to be optimistic and believe it can be turned around. But it sure doesn't feel like it at the moment. Even when we have Kulu, Bentancur and Richie back, we'll probably still be playing this slow, slow, way.
Maybe the January window will make a difference. But then if Conte does go, we have to start all over. It's just so depressing right now.

Deserved boos - Conte is starting to look like he's on borrowed time.

I will say this for him though - he needs the personnel to play his system, and we just haven't given them to him. As with Mourinho. And while I am starting to get sick to the back teeth of him and his obsessions with predictable automatisms everyone in the league has figured out, nothing will change at this club if we sack him and get Poch back, or anyone, really.

Because this same set of players will let them down too.
We have signed

Perisic
Bissouma
Lenglet
Bentancur
Richarlison
Kukusevski

How much did all that come to? He has been backed and has had players he wanted.

Back