• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

You guys do know that we will miss key deadlines and not have the ground ready for the start of the season, right? This is Spurs, we'll have to play 3 months at Oxford's 3-sided Kassam Stadium whilst Archway Steel fit out the kitchens...

You guys do know that we will miss key deadlines and not have the ground ready for the start of the season, right? This is Spurs, we'll have to play 3 months at Oxford's 3-sided Kassam Stadium whilst Archway Steel fit out the kitchens...

And get a record fine in the process, just because we are who we are.
Said fine will have no basis on anything that has been given previously and we will therefore have started the season by setting a precedent that will never be repeated because the rules will then be changed after we have been fined and before Chelski fail to open their new ground on time.
Paranoid conspiracy theorist? Not at all.

Last edited:
From The Goat on SC, yesterday :
We've been informed that Nike have already signed a deal with Spurs that relates to both the kit and stadium rights. The value will "exceed what Emirates pay Arsenal".
Nike (and the NFL) are looking to re-strengthen their position in the UK football market, hence the other deals they are doing as well.

(Posted this in the New Kit thread as well, as relevant to both. Apols if double posting is an issue).

From The Goat on SC, yesterday :
We've been informed that Nike have already signed a deal with Spurs that relates to both the kit and stadium rights. The value will "exceed what Emirates pay Arsenal".
Nike (and the NFL) are looking to re-strengthen their position in the UK football market, hence the other deals they are doing as well.

(Posted this in the New Kit thread as well, as relevant to both. Apols if double posting is an issue).

I think someone got their wires crossed with Chelsea

No way this will happen now they've just announced their major partnership with Chelsea (thankfully).

index.php

index.php

lurGPBx.jpg

index.php

When is the work on taking down the cornersupposed to be done by? Just before the seasons start?

Have been meaning to go on a WHL tour for ages and want to do it with the whole ground there. I booked one a few years back but it got cancelled as it was in the aftermath of the London riots.

I would assume having this work done means we wont be having a pre-season home friendly again the weekend before the season starts

There's definitely no home friendly - I've asked!

We will almost certainly have asked to be away on opening day - it wouldn't surprise me if we asked for the first couple of weekends; there is a precedence at Blackpool started 2010-11 with a couple of away games due to their new stand being built - although this will depend on Woolwich agreeing!

There's definitely no home friendly - I've asked!

Cheers for that info. Makes sense tbh

We will almost certainly have asked to be away on opening day - it wouldn't surprise me if we asked for the first couple of weekends; there is a precedence at Blackpool started 2010-11 with a couple of away games due to their new stand being built - although this will depend on Woolwich agreeing!

Mentioned this in another post. I wondered if we were at home on the 2nd weekend if we could ask to postpone it until later in the season (if it looked like the work was getting behind), meaning our 1st home match could then be Matchday 4 which would be after the first International break in September

The Times claims Wembley announcement will be made today and we could use the full capacity of Wembley for CL games against a "big European team".

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/wembley-will-be-spurs-new-home-9kct3bxp2

Wembley will be Tottenham’s new ‘home’

Tottenham Hotspur are expected to announce today that they will play their Champions League matches at Wembley next season and use the national stadium as a temporary home while White Hart Lane is rebuilt in the following campaign.

The overall deal could be worth more than £25 million to the FA if Tottenham progress beyond the group stage of Europe’s leading club competition next season.

There is nothing in the contract to prevent Chelsea from also using the venue in 2017-18, but the west London club may not be ready to redevelop their ground in time as they may only receive planning permission for their proposed redevelopment of Stamford Bridge this summer.

Tottenham will use Wembley for Champions League games next season as about 4,000 seats will be removed from a corner of White Hart Lane this summer to help the building work that has started on their new stadium, adjacent to their present home. The club will be limited to playing in front of 50,800 people at Wembley because of local planning constraints, but the deal includes the potential for them to use the full 90,000 capacity should they be drawn against a big European team.

Although Tottenham expect to need to leave their home for one season, there is also understood to be a contingency plan agreed with the FA should their builders overrun and the club need to use Wembley for a longer period.

Spurs will pay £20 million to use the stadium for the 2017-18 campaign, but the governing body may have to bear some of the operational costs.

Tottenham plan to fund their new stadium using a combination of a loan and commercial income. They have agreed a £25 million-a-year deal with Nike to become their shirt manu- facturer from 2017 and are aiming to receive the same sum per season from naming rights of their new ground.

Mauricio Pochettino, the Tottenham manager, has admitted that his financial muscle in the transfer market will be squeezed as a result of the redevelopment and would prefer that the club use spare money to tie down his senior players to better deals.

Pochettino wants to sign only a few players and is expected to lodge an offer for Michy Batshuayi after watching the Marseilles striker play in the French Cup final on Saturday. Batshuayi has scored 17 and made six other league goals this season and is likely to cost upwards of £25 million. His transfer could be partly funded by Tottenham offloading Nacer Chadli, Batshuayi’s Belgium team-mate, who has two years left on his deal. Chadli was mainly used as a substitute at the end of the season and took the blame for a mistake that led to a 1-0 defeat by West Ham United at Upton Park in March.

This Friday (27/5) is 6 weeks from the date planning permission was granted (15/4)

I know Historic England have already confirmed that they aren't going to appeal, but Friday is the day we can officially start building the new design and demolish the 3 buildings.

I expect us to start away just to be on the safe side.

Blast im up in London that weekend anyway,taking my daughter to a convention...be on me own most of the day,was ok last year with Stoke.....hoping leyton orient be home,won't be giving my hard cash to any other premier clubs.

May check if theirs cricket on somewhere too.

The Times claims Wembley announcement will be made today and we could use the full capacity of Wembley for CL games against a "big European team".

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/wembley-will-be-spurs-new-home-9kct3bxp2

Wembley will be Tottenham’s new ‘home’

Tottenham Hotspur are expected to announce today that they will play their Champions League matches at Wembley next season and use the national stadium as a temporary home while White Hart Lane is rebuilt in the following campaign.

The overall deal could be worth more than £25 million to the FA if Tottenham progress beyond the group stage of Europe’s leading club competition next season.

There is nothing in the contract to prevent Chelsea from also using the venue in 2017-18, but the west London club may not be ready to redevelop their ground in time as they may only receive planning permission for their proposed redevelopment of Stamford Bridge this summer.

Tottenham will use Wembley for Champions League games next season as about 4,000 seats will be removed from a corner of White Hart Lane this summer to help the building work that has started on their new stadium, adjacent to their present home. The club will be limited to playing in front of 50,800 people at Wembley because of local planning constraints, but the deal includes the potential for them to use the full 90,000 capacity should they be drawn against a big European team.

Although Tottenham expect to need to leave their home for one season, there is also understood to be a contingency plan agreed with the FA should their builders overrun and the club need to use Wembley for a longer period.

Spurs will pay £20 million to use the stadium for the 2017-18 campaign, but the governing body may have to bear some of the operational costs.

Tottenham plan to fund their new stadium using a combination of a loan and commercial income. They have agreed a £25 million-a-year deal with Nike to become their shirt manu- facturer from 2017 and are aiming to receive the same sum per season from naming rights of their new ground.

Mauricio Pochettino, the Tottenham manager, has admitted that his financial muscle in the transfer market will be squeezed as a result of the redevelopment and would prefer that the club use spare money to tie down his senior players to better deals.

Pochettino wants to sign only a few players and is expected to lodge an offer for Michy Batshuayi after watching the Marseilles striker play in the French Cup final on Saturday. Batshuayi has scored 17 and made six other league goals this season and is likely to cost upwards of £25 million. His transfer could be partly funded by Tottenham offloading Nacer Chadli, Batshuayi’s Belgium team-mate, who has two years left on his deal. Chadli was mainly used as a substitute at the end of the season and took the blame for a mistake that led to a 1-0 defeat by West Ham United at Upton Park in March.
Excellent news if as expected it's confirmed later today. As a non-season ticket holder I'm really excited at the prospect of being able to watch our CL games at Wembley, especially if the full 90,000 capacity gets used for the bigger games. Would not be surprised if we were to fill it for those games either, there must be many thousands like me who have long since given up competing to get into big games at WHL these days.

Back