• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

On the downside, that would mean there will never be another Champions League match at White Hart Lane... end of an era.

On the downside, that would mean there will never be another Champions League match at White Hart Lane... end of an era.
You are undoubtedly wrong, very wrong! I trust we'll be watching CL games (or whatever it morphs into) at the new WHL for decades to come.:rolleyes:

We did actually only ever play 9 CL games there:

Gornik Zabrze
Feyenoord
Dukla Prague (All I want for Christmas is a…)
Benfica
Twente
Werder Bremen
Inter
Milan
Madrid

For anyone that needs cheering up. The first unphotoshoped picture of the view inside the OS has leaked:

OSb4.jpg

man-looking-through-binoculars-600x360.jpg

There was a documentary on late last night about whites leaving the traditional West Ham areas and Muslims moving in. Including blacks moving out as it wasn't the same as before. The Hammers leaving is the final nail (see what I did there) in the coffin for some. Interesting that not only has the club moved out, so have a lot of the traditional fan base.

There was a documentary on late last night about whites leaving the traditional West Ham areas and Muslims moving in. Including blacks moving out as it wasn't the same as before. The Hammers leaving is the final nail (see what I did there) in the coffin for some. Interesting that not only has the club moved out, so have a lot of the traditional fan base.

Yeah i saw that.

The traditional white working class fanbases of most Inner City-based London clubs have moved out i think. But West Ham are unique in that they are moving out afterwards as well.
I know that area well...

That pic of the OS - that still doesn't show the lower tier in the position it will be on a match day, does it?

I know what you mean but for me I have seen it change several times since the 60's, so its not the same place I first walked into anyway.

Trigger's Broom.

One thing we (or our children) have yet to see is what happens when these new bowl stadium reach the end of their lifetimes. With the traditional football stadium the stands can all be replaced one by one indefinitely. With the bowl it will need to be done all at once and there is no guarantee that a club will be in a position to build a complete replacement when necessary.

This could favour West Ham with the OS, which is likely to become decrepit long before the end of their lease. It could be that the legacy company has to build the replacement.

Trigger's Broom.

One thing we (or our children) have yet to see is what happens when these new bowl stadium reach the end of their lifetimes. With the traditional football stadium the stands can all be replaced one by one indefinitely. With the bowl it will need to be done all at once and there is no guarantee that a club will be in a position to build a complete replacement when necessary.

This could favour West Ham with the OS, which is likely to become decrepit long before the end of their lease. It could be that the legacy company has to build the replacement.

Hopefully the budget for maintenance will be increased from its current state of zero.

If you look at the clubs that are trying to expand their current grounds, they are often boxed in by roads and rail. Worst case we'd knock it down and rebuild and spend two seasons away. At least we've got a big enough footprint now, although it wouldn't hurt to buy up some more properties along Worchester Avenue just in case.

Back