• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Not according to The Secret Footballer. Fan noise affecting the ability of players is just a fairy story we tell ourselves to make us feel better.

Look at volume vs (regular) success in the PL. City, Chelsea and Arsenal have some of the worst fans in the league, yet they regularly end up at the top end of the table. Stoke and Palace are known for having really noisy fans but they're still dogbrick.

Tend to agree to a point I think fan noise is important but not as much as its cracked up to be by some. Having played in front of noisy crowds it does help but only to a point. What does matter/ effect players though is the negative shouting and booing.

whl.png

Most of the area that I have expertly marked out here will be taken out I assume and some temporary walls will be put up. They'll need some new support for that beam on the roof.
That looks about correct. There are markings on the walls both inside and outside of the north and east stand that corresponds with this.
428aa45.png

I spent five fudgeing minutes posing for that photo and they've used a picture of me after I thought it was over and am looking away!
I was at least looking at the camera but though they'd finished our section, judging by my mug shot :confused:

They should've done a live feed on the JumboTron, so those of us who hung around knew when we were on camera!

That looks about correct. There are markings on the walls both inside and outside of the north and east stand that corresponds with this.
428aa45.png

i wonder how much of the new structure will be up by the time we play our last game at WHL?

one year away doesn't seem like a lot to finish things off - will have to be pretty far advanced by then id imagine

i wonder how much of the new structure will be up by the time we play our last game at WHL?

one year away doesn't seem like a lot to finish things off - will have to be pretty far advanced by then id imagine
The South stand has very little concrete. It is mainly just a steel structure that will be bolted together and therefore building this part of the ground will be far faster than the North, East and West sections.

And no HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE flags flying from the cranes at the end of the match ?. Maybe cancelled given the result.

The state of football (life!?!) today :-/

Just look at all these fudgeers looking at their phones. No wonder there's no atmosphere in grounds, everything's far mor interesting elsewhere................

In all fairness it was taken after the match was over

The state of football (life!?!) today :-/

Just look at all these fudgeers looking at their phones. No wonder there's no atmosphere in grounds, everything's far mor interesting elsewhere................

Do you have a Tardis Paxton?

;-)

Sorry, you have lost me there.

I thought you were on about people on the 360deg picture looking at their phones. I was alluding to the fact it was taken after full-time around 3.22pm. I may have misunderstood what you were referring to

Not according to The Secret Footballer. Fan noise affecting the ability of players is just a fairy story we tell ourselves to make us feel better.

I've seen Spurs sides go under and capitulate being under pressure from crowds in the sixties and seventies many times away from Home!...so they can have a definite psychological effect on the away Team and encourage the Home Team .

and as far as the Ref's go.....
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/apr/28/referees-home-team-sean-ingle

I'm sure some refs fold under pressure, but I've seen enough Spurs teams capitulate under no pressure to think that this is just correlation.

Back