• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

My understanding was that the don't have a lot of local fans, but have a lot of fans throughout Italy for some reason.

Somebody needs to give those stadium cams a nudge. Currently showing more sky than stadium work.

Trigger's Broom.

One thing we (or our children) have yet to see is what happens when these new bowl stadium reach the end of their lifetimes. With the traditional football stadium the stands can all be replaced one by one indefinitely. With the bowl it will need to be done all at once and there is no guarantee that a club will be in a position to build a complete replacement when necessary.

This could favour West Ham with the OS, which is likely to become decrepit long before the end of their lease. It could be that the legacy company has to build the replacement.
It is that exact detail that I have been wanting to see from the LLDC deal with West Ham. Who is liable for stadium improvements and to what extent? While the Olympic stadium is reliant on having a football anchor tenant if it wants to bring in enough revenue to cover it's costs and start to pay back the public purse which puts West Ham at an advantage from a negotiating position, West Ham will not really have any leverage in terms of viable alternatives for where they could play their football, which gives the LLDC an even bigger advantage.

Blast im up in London that weekend anyway,taking my daughter to a convention...be on me own most of the day,was ok last year with Stoke.....hoping leyton orient be home,won't be giving my hard cash to any other premier clubs.

May check if theirs cricket on somewhere too.

Middlesex playing Durham at Lords in Championship on August 13

We did actually only ever play 9 CL games there:

Gornik Zabrze
Feyenoord
Dukla Prague (All I want for Christmas is a…)
Benfica
Twente
Werder Bremen
Inter
Milan
Madrid

The pedant in me has to say the first 4 were in the European Cup a competition for Champions of their countries, unlike the cash cow called the "Champions" League. I keep forgetting there was no football until Sky and Premier League.

There was a documentary on late last night about whites leaving the traditional West Ham areas and Muslims moving in. Including blacks moving out as it wasn't the same as before. The Hammers leaving is the final nail (see what I did there) in the coffin for some. Interesting that not only has the club moved out, so have a lot of the traditional fan base.

Been like that for over 10 years

I know what you mean but for me I have seen it change several times since the 60's, so its not the same place I first walked into anyway.
Trigger's Broom.

One thing we (or our children) have yet to see is what happens when these new bowl stadium reach the end of their lifetimes. With the traditional football stadium the stands can all be replaced one by one indefinitely. With the bowl it will need to be done all at once and there is no guarantee that a club will be in a position to build a complete replacement when necessary.

This could favour West Ham with the OS, which is likely to become decrepit long before the end of their lease. It could be that the legacy company has to build the replacement.

Indeed. The stadium has changed a lot even in the relatively short time since I first started following the Tottenham, back in the late 1980s...

CSgvHStWoAAzs9D.jpg:large

B3PEKU1CYAABGLk.jpg:large

Plus of course if you get to the top and need a dump, there aint no place other than a bucket to go in.

If you can find it, seek out Brian Blessed's final contribution to last night's This Week. Crapping at 27,000 ft.

Back