• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

maybe, but that's the East Stand with the seats missing, not the Paxton, also i think they'd have made it clearer in the official statement if they was planning to knock a whole stand down
Blocks 23 and 24 lower east are being removed in whole or part as well as some blocks in the Paxton and upper East. Photo above would be 24.
Quite sad really to see the stripping out starting already although it shows that no time is being wasted in getting things moving which has to be good.

Blocks 23 and 24 lower east are being removed in whole or part as well as some blocks in the Paxton and upper East. Photo above would be 24.
Quite sad really to see the stripping out starting already although it shows that no time is being wasted in getting things moving which has to be good.

didn't realize it would effect the East Stand

What happens to those seats? I'm sure there are plenty fans who would pay a fiver for a seat. I know I would.

I saw yesterday that at West Ham each Season Ticket holder can buy their own seat for £50. £50? for a bit of plastic that is useless if the person opts not to bother.

I can remember when Arsenal moved to the Emirates, the sold off lots of items from Highbury with the money going to charity. However despite West Ham getting their new stadium for (virtually) nothing they are putting the proceeds of their sale to invest in their academy (i.e. retaining the profits).

I wonder which route Levy will take in a year's time? My guess is that all of the profit will go to the Tottenham Foundation charity. Time will tell however.

Have already begun removing seats

209fz8y.jpg
That would make for a great standing section.

I think that is block 25, though.

white-hart-lane-seating-plan-e1344126862621.jpg

The area with the supporting pole is definitely 25 (I know because I had the pleasure of sitting behind it on Sunday), but yes, you are are right, it looks like it extends to the left of the aisle as well. Maybe those seats have to be taken out to protect them from damage for when the other blocks are taken down. Or something. Or I am just making it up as I go along.

The area with the supporting pole is definitely 25 (I know because I had the pleasure of sitting behind it on Sunday), but yes, you are are right, it looks like it extends to the left of the aisle as well. Maybe those seats have to be taken out to protect them from damage for when the other blocks are taken down. Or something. Or I am just making it up as I go along.

That's probably correct. Some kind of temporary structure will probably be put in to support the roof.

To install somrthing for the new stadium they'll need access around it.

Once set up, some seats can be put back

That's my guess

Seeing that gives me a real twinge inside. Brings it right home. There's always been something magical about WHL stadium, the more so since converting to all-seater, that closed-in sense of amphitheatre, of cauldron, that is suddenly starting to puncture. Ouch.

Been going to the Lane since 1953 - though not too often nowadays tbh - so it hurts to see the old stadium start to disassemble.

Back