• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

That looks a bit dangerous,having a ground partly demolished.
Surely the club are not going to play games there!
What about safety?
Having less fans will have a massive detrimental affect on the Team next season IMO.

What about safety?

Having less fans will have a massive detrimental affect on the Team next season IMO.
Relax! It's totally inconceivable Tottenham would go ahead without first checking out all the safety ramifications with the appropriate authorities etc.

What about safety?

Not if it happened to be fewer of the moaning ones. Shame some pre-selection criteria can't be applied!

Not if it happened to be fewer of the moaning ones. Shame some pre-selection criteria can't be applied!
Not according to The Secret Footballer. Fan noise affecting the ability of players is just a fairy story we tell ourselves to make us feel better.

Look at volume vs (regular) success in the PL. City, Chelsea and Arsenal have some of the worst fans in the league, yet they regularly end up at the top end of the table. Stoke and Palace are known for having really noisy fans but they're still dogbrick.

whl.png

Most of the area that I have expertly marked out here will be taken out I assume and some temporary walls will be put up. They'll need some new support for that beam on the roof.

What about safety?

They knocked down the whole West Stand in the 80's, use to get a great view of the High Road from Upper East Stand.

Not according to The Secret Footballer. Fan noise affecting the ability of players is just a fairy story we tell ourselves to make us feel better.

Look at volume vs (regular) success in the PL. City, Chelsea and Arsenal have some of the worst fans in the league, yet they regularly end up at the top end of the table. Stoke and Palace are known for having really noisy fans but they're still dogbrick.

indeed, it doesn't fit the narrative but football fans are irrelevant to team performance

i'm sure there is something about it in one of Simon Kuper's books as well

indeed, it doesn't fit the narrative but football fans are irrelevant to team performance

i'm sure there is something about it in one of Simon Kuper's books as well
While I agree with that somewhat, I think that West Ham certainly fed off of their fans in the game against us this season. I think they also did last night. Perhaps they would've played with the same intensity even if the stadium was empty but I doubt that.

I spent five fudging minutes posing for that photo and they've used a picture of me after I thought it was over and am looking away!

Back