• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I think there is a little jumping to a conclusion with regards to QRP. The reference is NOT QPR but QRP. Also I don't think Haringey council would have any interest in what goes on in the Boro of Hammersmith and Fulham?

Next you'll be saying it has nothing to do with Depeche Mode :rolleyes:

Bit of dyslexia on the QPR front admittedly but if it was QPR, don't think the article would have suggested the 2 are mutually exclusive (just planned for the same day). That said, I've not had a coffee yet so may be reading it incorrectly.

Not sure. My understanding is that at this stage these are just the draft proposals for the planning application concerning increase capacity etc that are to be considered by the Development Management Forum and Quality Review Panel on 15 July. And that if approved by the DM and QRP then the planning application proper can be submitted.

They'll rent the stadium from us for 8 games a year, in exchange for us building bigger changing rooms and having a roll-out plastic pitch. Could be worth £10-20m a season over the course of the deal

In the case of the NFL, its more likely to be a split of International Series type games between our new Stadium and Wembley or another. Talk of 8 games or permanent franchise is still years away from happening, but might be accelerated if the venue was established. In the meantime, the cost of a grass pitch rolling into a greenhouse and larger changing spaces will be justified by the flexibility to host all kinds of events.

Pure rental of the stadium for 8 games wouldn't get anything close to £10m. You can hire any of Twickenham, Wembley, the Millennium, and probably the Olympic Stadium once finished for less than £500k per event. The main revenue streams for all major sports teams/organisations are Broadcast, Sponsorship and Hospitality (in that order). The NFL would be keeping the first two and a cut of the third.

In the case of the NFL, its more likely to be a split of International Series type games between our new Stadium and Wembley or another. Talk of 8 games or permanent franchise is still years away from happening, but might be accelerated if the venue was established. In the meantime, the cost of a grass pitch rolling into a greenhouse and larger changing spaces will be justified by the flexibility to host all kinds of events.

Pure rental of the stadium for 8 games wouldn't get anything close to £10m. You can hire any of Twickenham, Wembley, the Millennium, and probably the Olympic Stadium once finished for less than £500k per event. The main revenue masked water tyrants for all major sports teams/organisations are Broadcast, Sponsorship and Hospitality (in that order). The NFL would be keeping the first two and a cut of the third.

Wembley costs around £900k per opening!!! Just to have staff on stand by for maintenance costs around £130k alone per event

I should add that one out clients is CBRE Norland who look after Wembley and twickenham so takes where my numbers come from

Wembley costs around £900k per opening!!! Just to have staff on stand by for maintenance costs around £130k alone per event

I should add that one out clients is CBRE Norland who look after Wembley and twickenham so takes where my numbers come from

As an overhead divided by an average number of games the £900k might work, but wouldn't extend as an incremental cost for each opening above that average. £130k standby for maintenance is way off.

Aside from the above, the full cost of opening is not generally passed on to event promotors. Each of those stadiums has a different business model to ensure a profit is still made.

As an overhead divided by an average number of games the £900k might work, but wouldn't extend as an incremental cost for each opening above that average. £130k standby for maintenance is way off.

Aside from the above, the full cost of opening is not generally passed on to event promotors. Each of those stadiums has a different business model to ensure a profit is still made.
Bedford has told us where he gets his numbers from T-C.... Where are you getting yours from?

That is the costs that Wembley pay every event except for back to back events

Do you work for CBRE or Wembley?

I do this kind of thing for a living

I'm a commercials consultant to companies on new Build and FM contracts and projects

I know the team running Wembley. The client FM is the guy who used to look after Tottenham

I also was the lead procurement manage on The City of Manchester stadium for Laing O'Rourke in phase 2 and I was also senior procurement on the Olympic bid team for Laing O'Rourke when they one the contact to be the governments delivery partner

I don't make spurious comments about the ground and I know enough guys and have enough experience of this

I may even get a contract working for Spurs as the clients representative through my contacts (although it's a trek from home every day). As i said previous I'm currently working with two clients CBRE and a large logistics business. The logistics company are building a new "she'd" for £50M and Mcalarens were a preferred bidder until the pulled out due to lack of resource... I think it's the new WHL there investing in as they have a massive tie in to Spurs

Last edited:
To give everyone an idea for Wembley on a match day they get the water treatment company (BV Water) in for the week before to flcuhs every tap and toilet with the team from Norlands. They then do a storage tank drain down (and recycle the water)

Then they have those guys on standby with spare tankers within a mile of the ground. They do that kind of thing for every game and have typically around 300 guys in standby at a cost of around £400 per man

I don't know if this means anything (as it's a site largely populated by people inside the architecture and engineering industries), but the stadium thread on SSC has been renamed LONDON - New White Hart Lane (61,000), instead of (56,250)

I don't know if this means anything (as it's a site largely populated by people inside the architecture and engineering industries), but the stadium thread on SSC has been renamed LONDON - New White Hart Lane (61,000), instead of (56,250)
61,000 has a nice ring to it.

It's just a punt from one of the mods mate.... I guess based on a mixture of a few bits of ITK and a capacity increase being mentioned in the pre-planning doc).

Back