• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

It's just a punt from one of the mods mate.... I guess based on a mixture of a few bits of ITK and a capacity increase being mentioned in the pre-planning doc).

Yep. Given that the old 56K figure is now officially no longer the proposed capacity, the mod simply made a call on the basis of the itk we've had on the matter thus far.

This piece is particularly interesting:
"Other potential improvements included an increase in residential development, incorporating 900 units in five blocks, plus 60,000 square feet of commercial development space and a medical centre and a 30,000 square feet gym and fitness centre.

What was the residential development size previously?.... Wasn't it somewhere around 280 or so units? Surely the only way that Spurs can increase the development to that sort of scale is by building real high rise buildings?

Well for anyone who wants a sneak peak at the new proposals get yourself down to Northumberland Park Community School at 7pm on Wednesday 15th July....

Find out about revised proposals to redevelop White Hart Lane Football Stadium before a planning application is submitted. Come along to the Haringey Development Management Forum on 15 July:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/sites/haringeygovuk/files/thfc_dm_forum_site_notice.pdf

So just 11 more days until we'll all know what our club have been planning with the stadium

Well for anyone who wants a sneak peak at the new proposals get yourself down to Northumberland Park Community School at 7pm on Wednesday 15th July....

Find out about revised proposals to redevelop White Hart Lane Football Stadium before a planning application is submitted. Come along to the Haringey Development Management Forum on 15 July:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/sites/haringeygovuk/files/thfc_dm_forum_site_notice.pdf

So just 11 more days until we'll all know what our club have been planning with the stadium

My impression - though I could well be wrong - is that the meeting is intended for the benefit of local residents rather than for any old Spurs fan who wishes to attend.

Wouldn't surprise me, though, if the plans were made public before that meeting anyway. Spurs wouldn't want the info to leak out in a disorganised fashion (as it inevitably would after such a meeting). And itk from both skyscrapercity and COYS has suggested that there will be an announcement within the next week.

We'll soon see, at least.

My impression - though I could well be wrong - is that the meeting is intended for the benefit of local residents rather than for any old Spurs fan who wishes to attend.

Wouldn't surprise me, though, if the plans were made public before that meeting anyway. Spurs wouldn't want the info to leak out in a disorganised fashion (as it inevitably would after such a meeting). And itk from both skyscrapercity and COYS has suggested that there will be an announcement within the next week.

We'll soon see, at least.
Can hardly believe that we're finally going to get some 'official' news.... Let's hope it is worth waiting for!

This piece is particularly interesting:
"Other potential improvements included an increase in residential development, incorporating 900 units in five blocks, plus 60,000 square feet of commercial development space and a medical centre and a 30,000 square feet gym and fitness centre.

What was the residential development size previously?.... Wasn't it somewhere around 280 or so units? Surely the only way that Spurs can increase the development to that sort of scale is by building real high rise buildings?
Assume that Tottenham and Haringey are merely exploiting to the max the more relaxed planning rules that have come into play since the original proposals.

This plus steadily rising house and rental values (aided by the overall uplift in the quality of the local environment) could make a substantial additional contribution towards paying down the huge costs of the new stadium.

had a peep at the site yesterday...not a dingdongey bird to be seen ..well maybe the odd house sparrow...no Badgers or anything..ground being too hard LOL...

works suspended?

I'll be surprised if Chelsea would start building in 2017... basically 2 years from now. If they do, then blood money has entered the bank accounts of our local councils and parliamentary members.

I think they own all that land already. The thing to think about is the people that live in the flats attached to the old shed end. Do they just tinkle off now then Because Chelski want them to?

Should we not be starting to build next year? so 2016 - 2017 so a year before they want it anyway?

Buy Archway some of that land, as a goodwill gesture. Let's see Chelsea try to get some goodwill out of those guys after that. :)

Take from sky scraper city.

From COYS (same sources as before)

Quote:
"Wonderful Wednesday is almost upon us.

NFL press release first. A few hours later THFC will open a microsite showcasing the stadium design.

Hope the COYS Boys (and girls, of course) have enjoyed coming along for the ride with us on this little adventure.
smile.gif
"

Back