• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Slightly related

I've just at taken on a consultancy Contract for a new build site for a large logistics organisation

Their QS had done some tender work and one of the bidders were McLaren who IIRC did the trading ground and have been looking for a JV partner for the new WHL

They just pulled out of the project in looking at due to a resource shortage in their "core place of work"

I'm meeting them when I get back from holiday for a debrief so I'll ask if it's WHL there waiting on
I don't wish to be rude old chap, but in the last couple of weeks your posts have become very hard to read, lots of dodgy autocorrect going on, did you get a new phone or something?

Oh boy...not much happening in this thread..

Does anyone think were making a mistake building our new Ground here?

For starters its a bit strange... building this stadium in an area where no cnut supports
us anymore in this area [Tottenham]...and that's sad.

The other point is.it appears we are building on a site that is not really big enough
for what we are trying to do!
I have to say everything looks all squashed between super markets and flats.
The underground car park idea is cramming things in a bit as well.
Its going to have to be looked after and costly..not a good idea really.

lets hope it works out fine..:D
I'll have to change my name on to "the pessimist"
anyway we will all find out how it pans out soon enough won't we ?..LOL

Where would you like us to build instead?

yeah...it has to be Tottenham...its our home but the way things have turned out..especially our support almost completely disappearing in the area!
Why has this happened? it,s not seen to be cool to be a Tottenham fan these days..and thats across the towns and cities of England!
You can see this by who is wearing what football shirt. Our fan base has taken a dive but luckily
were still just about hanging on to some loyal core supporters.
I always thought the marshes area behind Northumberland Park Station by the River Lea would have provided a much larger area for a Stadium.incidently where Hotspur played their first football..our original home.it would also have been closer to the North Circular..it was never considered.

Tottenham Hale also had areas of land by the old Lebus's . It used to be the largest furniture factory in the World. I can remember the workers swarming out of the gates at the end of their shift like hundreds of ants on their bikes in their flat caps..A bit of local History there.
We could have looked more closely around this part of Tottenham...

What about Tilbury..anyone? LOL
plenty of land and no new airport being developed.

Coys..................................................................................

Ooooh I say!....

(From page 7 of the agenda for the pre planning meeting with Haringey on Monday)

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Revised planning and listed building consent applications to include increased stadium capacity, more residential units as part of the southern development and the inclusion of a hotel.
Draft PPA with THFC for consideration.

Pre-application discussions have commenced and are ongoing. DM forum and QRP both scheduled for the 15th July. Pre-app committee 23rd July.

http://www.minutes.haringey.gov.uk/...0/$MajorSitesListtocommitteeJuly2015.docx.pdf

Revised planning and listed building consent applications to include increased stadium capacity, more residential units as part of the southern development and the inclusion of a hotel.
Great news that first bit is finally becoming official (assuming the revised plans get granted planning consent). Putting the hotel back in (just in my opinion, reading between the lines) feels like confirmation that the NFL link-up is going ahead. Personally I'm still sceptical about that. But we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Nope, as far as I understand they pay us lots of cash to use our stadium for the occasion NFL match.. Hence the revised design plans.. I don't think it has anything to do with naming rights :)

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Draft PPA with THFC for consideration. Pre-application discussions have commenced and are ongoing. DM forum and QRP both scheduled for the 15th July. Pre-app committee 23rd July.

Can anyone translate the bolded please?

First hit on Google would suggest the Depeche Mode forum...

Here ya go (for Camden council):

Development management forum (DM forum)
At our development management forum (formally known as development control forum), developers can present their proposals for complex or sensitive developments to local residents, businesses and organisations.

The information below further explains the purpose of our DM forum and provides access to minutes and presentations from recent meetings.

What is the purpose of our DM forum?
  • familiarise local people with proposals for major developments in the borough before a formal application is submitted
  • enable local residents, businesses and organisations to comment on proposals at a time when developers are in the earliest position to consider them
  • our forum does not replace our formal consultation process on applications, but aims to raise local awareness of a scheme at an early stage
  • ensure more meaningful public involvement on proposed schemes rather than awaiting the formal consultation stage of an application when it is harder to influence changes in the scheme

As for QPR. I'm assuming a ground share.

Back