• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

The rest of the photos Dan posted on SSC, with people and digging machines in action, gives a sense of the project on the go (posts #9695 and #9696).
I see a few interesting comments in the same post from someone working on the site (ITK :eek:) ...
I spoke to one guy who was posted on Paxton Road at the Worcester Avenue side of the stadium. We was talking about the end of Paxton Road he seemed quite open to giving me some information.

Archway are definitely moving out in October.

He said he's heard nothing concrete (snigger) but the talk around the ground is a retractable pitch which is revolutionary is being added. Plus a slightly bigger capacity.
Also that he believed that it's one year away that White Hart Lane closes, not two.

Could be we need 2 seasons away to complete on time and we start that at the end of next season. Don't think anything is definite yet.

Could be we need 2 seasons away to complete on time and we start that at the end of next season. Don't think anything is definite yet.

Last game in the May 20xx first game in the August 20xx+1 actually gives them 17 months to get the stadium finished in. Should be plenty of time especially if a third to a half of it can be completed without us vacating WHL.

Last game in the May 20xx first game in the August 20xx+1 actually gives them 17 months to get the stadium finished in. Should be plenty of time especially if a third to a half of it can be completed without us vacating WHL.

Especially given that the original plan was for us to be actually playing in the uncompleted stadium and for us to not move away at all.

"As Tottenham Hotspur were granted permission for amendments to their stadium plans tonight, it was revealed there will be more on the way. At a special meeting of Haringey council’s planning sub-committee, a new basement level providing underground car parking as well as plant and furniture storage areas were all unanimously approved. Also passed by the committee were changes to the ground floor layout of the stadium including extended player changing rooms, enhanced media facilities and “other associated stadium uses”.
It was confirmed that Spurs will make further applications for changes to their plans which were originally drawn up in 2007."

more...

"As Tottenham Hotspur were granted permission for amendments to their stadium plans tonight, it was revealed there will be more on the way. At a special meeting of Haringey council’s planning sub-committee, a new basement level providing underground car parking as well as plant and furniture storage areas were all unanimously approved. Also passed by the committee were changes to the ground floor layout of the stadium including extended player changing rooms, enhanced media facilities and “other associated stadium uses”.
It was confirmed that Spurs will make further applications for changes to their plans which were originally drawn up in 2007."

more...

Nice euphemism for moving our entire pitch... ;) No, no, council member. This area empty area here just about the size of a football/NHL pitch is for... plant and furniture storage. *Whispers at lawyer* Grass is a plant, right? And football goals are furniture, right? *Hushed mumbling*

-----

I do like the sound of unanimously approved and further applications though.

It promises not just 'changes to the plans', but 'change of plan'. Raising our sights somewhat, I feel.

Now, what about a tram shuttle passing the ground between main line & NP ?. |Maybe later

more...

Need to be able to accommodate 40+ NFL players in each changing room.................

i always wanted an expose on the olympic stadium ... now this will do:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33214058

hopefully more skeletons come out of the closet :p

It is amazing how inept government organisations can be. No one gets held to account, it just continues. Massive waste that would destroy a large company is routinely rubber stamped and excused with a sound bite.

As for grass roots sports, keeping people healthy and bringing through future stars - practically zero investment. Heads should roll, but no one is surprised. It's just normal service.

Last edited:

more...

In Levy's words:

"We shall, in the coming weeks, be providing further information on these updated elements with the intention of carrying out a period of consultation during the summer and submitting planning applications later in the year. As we have stated previously, these updates will be running in parallel with the works continuing on the ground.”

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...lication-230615/?source=webgains&siteid=54264

In Levy's words:

"We shall, in the coming weeks, be providing further information on these updated elements with the intention of carrying out a period of consultation during the summer and submitting planning applications later in the year. As we have stated previously, these updates will be running in parallel with the works continuing on the ground.”

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...lication-230615/?source=webgains&siteid=54264
Changes are afoot.

I hope the exterior is one of the things due for a revamp. Looks dated already to me.

i always wanted an expose on the olympic stadium ... now this will do:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33214058

hopefully more skeletons come out of the closet :p

Depending on the deal could this see West Ham in bother for receiving state aid? If it is £2m rent a year, then that's only £198m over the contract id assume the owners would keep some of the match day revenue to boost return? Otherwise how can a club get a new stadium for £213m. I know they won't own it and be able to sell naming rights etc...

Back