• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

rather intriguingly, it appears that Archway Steels old buildings will be right under the center of the pitch. Perhaps we finally will have some steel in our midfield? *ba-bom-pish*

CHCR4d3XAAAwQ8D.jpg

CHFm-98W0AAKMAT.jpg

CHCSbqEW8AAG6fr.jpg

CHCR4-EXAAAXub-.jpg

CHCSxr_WQAIejHf.jpg

CHFp5ceXIAQYYMX.jpg

from the photo above..almost the whole of White Hart Lane will be in the new White Hart Lane setting..
Conclusion..LOL its still White Hart Lane...
all being..it becomes a reality!

Coys......

Looking at plans, pics, its going to be physically a lot bigger area

Surfing around t'internet I noticed this incredible Chicago hotel dedicated to sports... click on the < and > arrows on the photo to see some incredible photos.

That is the kind of iconic world class finish that our "stadium and hotel" complex will not achieve, ours will be more like a Travelodge cum Premier Inn.

But the games rooms, the rich history, dark wood, awesome stuff IMO.

http://uncrate.com/stuff/chicago-athletic-association-hotel/

Those photo's have the feel of the aftermath of a bomb going off in the old IR A days.. very strange and eerie feel to them.

Surfing around t'internet I noticed this incredible Chicago hotel dedicated to sports... click on the < and > arrows on the photo to see some incredible photos.

That is the kind of iconic world class finish that our "stadium and hotel" complex will not achieve, ours will be more like a Travelodge cum Premier Inn.

That's very nice. A very classic 'old boys club' feel that is keeping with the building facade, but I'm not sure it suits a football arena.

That's very nice. A very classic 'old boys club' feel that is keeping with the building facade, but I'm not sure it suits a football arena.
How about the hotel?

I feel like we'll get a Premier Inn with Chirpy on reception.

I won't mention the old marble halls of Highbury as it would not be well received, but I've been to WHL and seen the navy and yellow striped carpet and waxwork Gary Mabbutt!

The proposals at one time included a hotel but that was dropped in favour of more flats. The currently approved plans don't include a hotel.

How about the hotel?

I feel like we'll get a Premier Inn with Chirpy on reception.

I won't mention the old marble halls of Highbury as it would not be well received, but I've been to WHL and seen the navy and yellow striped carpet and waxwork Gary Mabbutt!
Yeah I could envisage the interior of a hotel in an old style similar to those images maybe echoing a theme around the double winning team, but if the outside looks like a giant glass rooster it would not really match.

Edit: I just read jaysea67's post above and well there you go. No hotel.

IIRC the hotel was dropped as we couldn't find any chain that wanted to run more than a 2 star hotel.

The answer is probably in this thread somewhere.

As jaysea has pointed out, there are currently no plans to develop a hotel in the immediate area (though that could, of course, change in the future).

But I suspect that you'll be very wrong about the finish of the stadium itself. Levy has already promised to deliver the stadium to the same high level as the universally acclaimed new training centre. And I think he's absolutely right to do so and will be true to his word in this respect. Going for the cheap option would not be the sensible course in this instance.

When it comes to the new stadium, Spurs needs a difference maker. We need something iconic and of high quality. It's the best hope we have of attracting the corporate pound in what will soon be an incredibly competitive London market. Already, there are Wembley and the Emirates. Soon to be joined by the Olympic stadium and, eventually, the redeveloped Stamford Bridge. And all of them are far better located and easier to get to for the vast majority of the biggest, most blue chip corporate clients. So our "product" needs to be better than the rest. It's vital. We will have anything up to 9,000 corporate seats to fill (depending upon the Populous redesign).

Not to mention, of course, that if anything is to come of this NFL link, it will only do so if they are sufficiently wowed by our plans. Otherwise, they'll just stick with Wembley.

So, thankfully, we simply can't afford to take the cheap option.

The rest of the photos Dan posted on SSC, with people and digging machines in action, gives a sense of the project on the go (posts #9695 and #9696).

Back