• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I realise the club are not obligated to give us precise time frames, but would it kill them to give us just a rough idea of when Kane/Alder/whoever gets injured will make a return to the squad?

I just don't see why it has to be so cloak and dagger. I don't expect an update every day but they could just say he'll be out for 2-4 weeks etc depending on how his body reacts when he comes back to training.
Forget about this. I raised the same question a few weeks back and was absolutely slaughtered for it by just about everyone who posts here.

I just don't see why it has to be so cloak and dagger. I don't expect an update every day but they could just say he'll be out for 2-4 weeks etc depending on how his body reacts when he comes back to training.
They will not absolutely 100% know when they will be back, recovery times are different for different people.

If you are not sure say nowt:)

They will not absolutely 100% when they will be back, recovery times are different for different people.

If you are not sure say nowt:)

I realise that, sometimes players break down in their first training session upon return from injury, it happens. Nothing wrong with giving us a rough idea though.

I realise that, sometimes players break down in their first training session upon return from injury, it happens. Nothing wrong with giving us a rough idea though.

My take is they will not want to put pressure on players by giving any dates or times. I found it quite depressing if I did not reach the goals my physiotherpist set for me. Best to just see how it goes. It is frustrating, but we know Harry will start running this week and we will hear more regarding Toby later in week IMHO.

They could, but I'm kinda glad they don't. Would be all doom and gloom if they said 2-4 weeks and after 3 weeks he still wasn't back.

The player will return when he returns. He's getting treatment and our injury record under Pochettino is very good. Let the healing take the time it takes I say and keep the focus on the players actually on the pitch. I think that might be part of Pochettino's message actually. Let's not focus on those missing, give vague answers the media can't do anything with and focus on those that are actually ready for selection.

But I think it's outrageous that the Club doesn't keep me ... ME! .... in the picture on all of the important aspects. Who DO they think they are?.

When ARE they going to trigger Article 50, and why hasn't DL put set out in advance all our negotiating tactics with the Council/Selling Clubs/that nasty Guy Verhofstadt? (remember, remember, it's soon the 5th).

Wibble wibble fish banana ME ME ME

Forget about this. I raised the same question a few weeks back and was absolutely slaughtered for it by just about everyone who posts here.

Seems like I'm being totally unreasonable.

The stadium for example has a rough deadline/estimated completion date but why stop at injuries, the stadium will "be ready when it's ready" no need to give us a vague idea when it will be ready.

But I think it's outrageous that the Club doesn't keep me ... ME! .... in the picture on all of the important aspects. Who DO they think they are?.

When ARE they going to trigger Article 50, and why hasn't DL put set out in advance all our negotiating tactics with the Council/Selling Clubs/that nasty Guy Verhofstadt? (remember, remember, it's soon the 5th).

Wibble wibble fish banana ME ME ME

Yeah. Could just blindly back the club at every turn I guess.

In which way would it be an advantange för Tottenham Hotpur fotball club to do so?

Well said, unlike the references to stadium and other club items, player injury updates are at best satisfying a fan curiosity.

With no real upside to providing a definitive date, and plenty of possible opportunities to miss it (re-injury, slow progress, match fitness), the club will remain vague. Add in Poch's tendency to slowly bring players back into the setup post injury, it likely will stay so.

Either way, back on topic, glad Toby's injury wasn't something overly serious, regardless of the depth we have.

Better to let opposing teams think certain players might no be available, then oops, here they are starting. No real advantage to be gained by giving return dates.

Better to let opposing teams think certain players might no be available, then oops, here they are starting. No real advantage to be gained by giving return dates.

That's the sort of arms race that turns football (well, what's left of it, anyway) from a sport into high geopolitics, though. The clubs would be delighted with that, no doubt - the less information about their internal processes they can give out to the world, the better, and they can get down to competing against their rivals as nations compete with one another, all realist power politics and misinformation maneuvers. Ultimately, the only people who suffer from that approach are the powerless fans, who are left with little to do but obediently come to the games, cheer and then go home, because you're b*ggered if you want to know anything else about your club beyond that it plays at a certain stadium, at a certain time.

It's why I'm utterly baffled by people like @Whiffler taking the mick out of fans who want to know about what goes on at the club - believe me, if they could get away with it, they'd be delighted with running like actual corporations, with all the secrecy and business-consumer relationships that entails. At that stage, you're really not watching a sport anymore, you're just watching quarterly reports being compiled every weekend. If that's okay by you, fine - but it isn't exactly unreasonable that fans feel more than a little uneasy at that prospect. And, incidentally, if you're fine with that, then, logically, you should also be perfectly happy with people booing the team, leaving early, not making any noise or demanding refunds after poor performances - after all, it's a business transaction, and the customers (formerly supporters) are simply exercising their right to express their dissatisfaction at the poor product offered by the club.

Didn't know about that, but if so, that's a damn shame, and reflects a bit poorly on what we apparently seem to think supporting a club entails.

Last edited:
Back