• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

If you have a look at forums of other teams, you'll see that they said "They are decent, Spurs, but think they will struggle a bit without Dembele...yeah, they are good Spurs, but think they will struggle now Kane is out...yeah, they've had a great start, Spurs, and fair play to them, they are doing well without Dembele and Kane. But they will struggle now without Alderweireld..."

I keep telling people our squad is very strong, the penny will drop with them eventually. Dier will drop in there and be excellent, then Toby will come back and the team won't miss a beat. Just like last season when Wimmer stepped in for Jan.

Last edited:
If you have a look at forums of other teams, you'll see that they said "They are decent, Spurs, but think they will struggle a bit without Dembele...yeah, they are good Spurs, but think they will struggle now Kane is out...yeah, they've had a great start, Spurs, and fair play to them, they are doing well without Dembele and Kane. But they will struggle now without Alderweireld..."

I keep telling people are squad is very strong, the penny will drop with them eventually. Dier will drop in there and be excellent, then Toby will come back and the team won't miss a beat. Just like last season when Wimmer stepped in for Jan.

My thoughts as well, this season we have ( imo) a far stronger squad and we have players who can now slot in and perform well. Last season our bench ( with the likes of Mason etc) were not as good.

That's my thoughts

From my things that are the most painful initially are the least issue long term and vice versa - but that's purely my experience
I would actually agree with this.

When i ruptured my ACL i thought it was a slight tweak. There was a bit of pain and discomfort but i 100% believed i could just run it off. Of course collapsing at the first attempt to put full weight on it put an end to that theory. The pain came much later, like the next day. And boy did the pain come!

Another time i got a kick on that bone on the outside of your ankle. Pain was immediately excruciating, so bad that i had decided that i would never walk again. Luckily it was just before half time and i came out for the second half like nothing had happened.

I would actually agree with this.

When i ruptured my ACL i thought it was a slight tweak. There was a bit of pain and discomfort but i 100% believed i could just run it off. Of course collapsing at the first attempt to put full weight on it put an end to that theory. The pain came much later, like the next day. And boy did the pain come!

Another time i got a kick on that bone on the outside of your ankle. Pain was immediately excruciating, so bad that i had decided that i would never walk again. Luckily it was just before half time and i came out for the second half like nothing had happened.

Certainly how mine have gone .. Minor knocks and niggles invariably become bad

Big pain = minor injury

But I'm not a finely tuned machine like Toby .... Unless that machine is a weeble

Tottenham Hotspur are cautiously optimistic that there will be more encouraging injury news about Toby Alderweireld, who is due to undergo a scan after he was taken off on a stretcher on Saturday. Although Alderweireld was in a lot of pain at the time of the injury, the Belgian was able to walk out of The Hawthorns after the 1-1 draw with West Bromwich Albion. Mauricio Pochettino has ruled Alderweireld out of the Champions League away game against Bayer Leverkusen on Tuesday, but Spurs are hopeful that the damage to the central defender’s knee is not too severe and that he could be looking at weeks, rather than months, in the treatment room.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...derweireld-injury-harry-kane?CMP=share_btn_tw

Fingers crossed this proves to be right. We need him back for November.

Tottenham Hotspur are cautiously optimistic that there will be more encouraging injury news about Toby Alderweireld, who is due to undergo a scan after he was taken off on a stretcher on Saturday. Although Alderweireld was in a lot of pain at the time of the injury, the Belgian was able to walk out of The Hawthorns after the 1-1 draw with West Bromwich Albion. Mauricio Pochettino has ruled Alderweireld out of the Champions League away game against Bayer Leverkusen on Tuesday, but Spurs are hopeful that the damage to the central defender’s knee is not too severe and that he could be looking at weeks, rather than months, in the treatment room.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...derweireld-injury-harry-kane?CMP=share_btn_tw

Fingers crossed this proves to be right. We need him back for November.

We need him back soon. But also a chance for either Wimmer or Dier to make an impact. Last season both were very good (in different positions).

He should still be the first midfielder on the teamsheet once he's regained match sharpness.

I also don't think there's enough physicality with a Verts and Dier pairing - Wimmer's more a replacement for Alder in that sense.

As you have said yourself previously you need one part of the pairing to attack the ball and the other to pick up pieces in behind. I would argue that Wimmer/Verthongen as well as being left-footed, also have that style and rely on Toby to attack the ball. Dier attacks the ball in the same style as Toby, I would say he is very very physical - ask Chelsea ;)

I have confidence in whoever MP picks... Dier, CV or Wimmer are all good players.

Last season Verts was out injured for a while and Toby was his usual imperious self, alongside the younger Wimmer. Verts will have to do likewise , show leadership.

Last edited:
Mauricio Pochettino has promising news on Toby Alderweireld.

wb730h.jpg

The outstanding defender was last seen being stretchered off with a leg injury in our 1-1 draw at West Brom on Saturday.

Toby hasn’t travelled to Germany with the squad for Tuesday night’s Champions League game against Bayer Leverkusen but Mauricio reported this afternoon that the problem may not be as bad as first feared.

“We need to wait for the scan but we believe it’s not a big issue,” said Mauricio. “He got a knock on his leg but it was better yesterday (Sunday) and today.

“We need to wait for the results of the scan but I hope it’s nothing too important.”

Mauricio admitted it was a worry at the time as Toby punched the turf in pain. “Yes, that moment was tough and difficult because from our position it was difficult to see what happened but at the end, it was a big knock, heavy knock but we hope it’s not a big problem.”

Harry Kane (ankle) remains out.

He should still be the first midfielder on the teamsheet once he's regained match sharpness.

I also don't think there's enough physicality with a Verts and Dier pairing - Wimmer's more a replacement for Alder in that sense.

Thoughts on Wanyama? I believe he's been quite impressive so far no?

Back