• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Id say that's very inaccurate having had some bad football injuries but here's to your optimism!

Looking at it this morning I do not see it being an ACL as the impact did not look huge and he didn't seem to twist or fall awkwardly. The impact could have put his knee out causing massive damage as a worst case but it could also be a dead leg/knee or it could have locked or be severely bruised. Would love it be bruising and for him to be back by arsenal. He really is our most important player.

Hence was I was talking from my perspective

I've just had key hole shoulder surgery from a minor tear that became something else

I also burst a blood vessel from a minor knock that kept me out for 6 months

I've had several big knocks in games and they turned in nothing injuries with a week out

Hence was I was talking from my perspective

I've just had key hole shoulder surgery from a minor tear that became something else

I also burst a blood vessel from a minor knock that kept me out for 6 months

I've had several big knocks in games and they turned in nothing injuries with a week out

Bloody hell - I'll lend you me crutches ;) you sound like you've been through it!

Bloody hell - I'll lend you me crutches ;) you sound like you've been through it!

Well the shoulder injury wouldn't work with the crutches but thanks

I used to play footy 3 times a week and rugby and row. Naturally you get loads of injuries

As I said form my experience the most innocuous ones were the worst

Thankfully Mousa's back but we desperately need Alderweireld, not just defensively, he chips in with some useful goals and his long accurate passes often set our attacks off. Hopefully Wimmer and Verts can step up. Verts can do everything Alderweireld can he just doesn't have the self belief imo.

Thankfully Mousa's back but we desperately need Alderweireld, not just defensively, he chips in with some useful goals and his long accurate passes often set our attacks off. Hopefully Wimmer and Verts can step up. Verts can do everything Alderweireld can he just doesn't have the self belief imo.

I think it will be Dier replacing him if he is out as Wimmer always seemed to play left side

Agree 100%. Verts looked shaky after Toby went off - probably a bit surprised and unsettled. But! With Tony out the team, Verts will come on I think. He'll take the mantel and lead, bring through Dier at CB and there is no reason they can' t be as good as Wimmer and Toby were last season.

Well the shoulder injury wouldn't work with the crutches but thanks

I used to play footy 3 times a week and rugby and row. Naturally you get loads of injuries

As I said form my experience the most innocuous ones were the worst

I used to get injured playing Subbuteo - had to take early retirement ;)

I now use my crutches around the house 24/7 and my right shoulder is cattle-trucked. Sound like a bag of marbles when i use it, which is all the time!

I used to get injured playing Subbuteo - had to take early retirement ;)

I now use my crutches around the house 24/7 and my right shoulder is cattle-trucked. Sound like a bag of marbles when i use it, which is all the time!

we used to play subbuteo but it was stressful with the lads that took it serious ... We period regularly have full on fits of rage and the odd case of a stamped on player coming back to haunt someone after stepping on it with no shoes on

we used to play subbuteo but it was stressful with the lads that took it serious ... We period regularly have full on fits of rage and the odd case of a stamped on player coming back to haunt someone after stepping on it with no shoes on

that brings back memories
I went to boarding school and we took Subbuteo all very seriously indeed.
That was 50 years ago..........

Back