• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

635783705843194495-1102470352_sweat.gif

Well, guess it's going to be one of those long weekends.

It would be a massive blow for us if he is out for a longer period. Tears and ligament damage can happen without the actual challenge looking bad, so I fear this is serious from his reaction. Hopefully it's not an ACL tear or similar, that would mean he's out for the season. I'd take a two month injury right now, TBH. We can live with that.

But fingers crossed he'll be fine in a week or two.

Sent from my SGP771 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Honestly. He took a kick form Jan. It looked like a dead leg to me. It didnt happen when he landed or from twisting a joint. Unless JV managed to snap something in TA leg wiht what wasnt even forceful contact, then I think he'll be back in a fortnight

That's my thoughts

From my things that are the most painful initially are the least issue long term and vice versa - but that's purely my experience

yes. i think he will be back in a fortnight. trauma to nerve or sumthink like that i suspect.

Just hope he hasn't torn something, would be a massive blow. He's probably the last player I'd want to lose at this point...

He's the only player we can't replace in this side. I don't think that changes even if we buy a world-class right-sided center half, because the chemistry he shares with Verts and the leadership he displays aren't things you can buy.

Little you can do about this sort of thing, unless you buy two established pairs of CBs and rotate them whenever one suffers an injury to one of the two players.

Honestly. He took a kick form Jan. It looked like a dead leg to me. It didnt happen when he landed or from twisting a joint. Unless JV managed to snap something in TA leg wiht what wasnt even forceful contact, then I think he'll be back in a fortnight

His reaction, and the reaction of the physios, didn't equate to the sorts of dead legs that footballers routinely get, even in training.

Pochettino's quote was "he took a heavy knock on his leg." Doesn't sound like a twist, but that's not to say the knee joint couldn't have been opened up. Just have to wait and see.

That's my thoughts

From my things that are the most painful initially are the least issue long term and vice versa - but that's purely my experience

Id say that's very inaccurate having had some bad football injuries but here's to your optimism!

Looking at it this morning I do not see it being an ACL as the impact did not look huge and he didn't seem to twist or fall awkwardly. The impact could have put his knee out causing massive damage as a worst case but it could also be a dead leg/knee or it could have locked or be severely bruised. Would love it be bruising and for him to be back by arsenal. He really is our most important player.

Looked to me that he turned his ankle on landing, then turned to take weight off and then reached to the back of his knee/calf. Stuck his hand up and went down.

On the ground, face down, he was thrashing his left about and again reaching behind his right knee/calf area

No idea what the injury actually is (nor, it seemed, did the med bods), but don't see it as impact with Verts.

Couln't see anyone nearby with an umbrella, so he should survive.

Looked to me that he turned his ankle on landing, then turned to take weight off and then reached to the back of his knee/calf. Stuck his hand up and went down.

On the ground, face down, he was thrashing his left about and again reaching behind his right knee/calf area

No idea what the injury actually is (nor, it seemed, did the med bods), but don't see it as impact with Verts.

Couln't see anyone nearby with an umbrella, so he should survive.

Poch confirmed it was a knock - I looked again he didn't seem to land awkwardy - looks like he got clipped by jan straight on the knee

Back