• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Crazy the best defender in the league and our player of the season last season only has 27 pages in his thread.

Great article thanks for the link JerusalemMan. Hard to answer the question of, "why was he so cheap?".

Here's a theory:
Southampton wanted to keep him, other teams had seen his form and wanted him, Simeone maybe wanted him back too. But maybe Poch/Vertonghen had sold him the Spurs vision, and/or he wanted to link back up with Jan, at which point he said no to all other advances?

Here's a theory:
Southampton wanted to keep him, other teams had seen his form and wanted him, Simeone maybe wanted him back too. But maybe Poch/Vertonghen had sold him the Spurs vision, and/or he wanted to link back up with Jan, at which point he said no to all other advances?
Also it kinda looked like Southampton had the option so perhaps other clubs took their eyes off the ball thinking he was not available

I thought there was a release clause and Southampton's option had expired.

Whatever it was our man Danny exploited it and delivered us a true gem

I thought there was a release clause and Southampton's option had expired.

Whatever it was our man Danny exploited it and delivered us a true gem
That did happen but who would have thought Southampton would let it expire, hence perhaps took eye off the ball and we swooped in

Crazy the best defender in the league and our player of the season last season only has 27 pages in his thread.
That's because there is no debate; Toby is awesome. Far more so than Dawson!

I'm pretty sure Toby invented football, then invented Spurs, then invented a time machine so he could jump forwards from 1882 to 2016 to enjoy playing in the best Spurs team ever assembled.

That's because there is no debate; Toby is awesome. Far more so than Dawson!

I'm pretty sure Toby invented football, then invented Spurs, then invented a time machine so he could jump forwards from 1882 to 2016 to enjoy playing in the best Spurs team ever assembled.

You can now see why Southampton were incensed we got him. Anybody who has played at the back for Simone will not be too shabby.

Who was it on here that spent the summer he arrived saying that it was his CB partner at Southampton that made him look good?

And he forgot to change his hair style.
That's a bloody good point; proof that Toby is a time traveller.

I've just done some research at https://uk.pinterest.com/a_randall/mens-fashion/ and have found that if you are extremely good looking and get a hair cut, you are still extremely good looking. Whereas if you are ugly and get your hair cut, you are still ugly. The same is true of clothes... if you are gorgeous you can throw on any old muck... if you are ugly you cannot disguise that fact with good clothes, you are just a turd rolled in glitter.</>

That's a bloody good point; proof that Toby is a time traveller.

I've just done some research at https://uk.pinterest.com/a_randall/mens-fashion/ and have found that if you are extremely good looking and get a hair cut, you are still extremely good looking. Whereas if you are ugly and get your hair cut, you are still ugly. The same is true of clothes... if you are gorgeous you can throw on any old muck... if you are ugly you cannot disguise that fact with good clothes, you are just a turd rolled in glitter.</>
Oh Bullet you ARE a wag!

I have now! A bit more comprehensive than my comment, but it looks like others are now starting to realise that we made one of the best deals ever in signing him.
So why does his thread only have 28 pages? Looks like he's flying under the radar on GG too!

The problem is, there is no problem. The guy is almost flawless and so there is almost nothing to say about him except, we are lucky bastards to have this guy on our team. If he was bricke this thread would be hopping.

Agree with that 100%. I was in the fortunate position to be sat just a few rows from the touchline at the Boro game a few weeks ago so I got to watch him at close quarters for one half of the game. The guy is a massive physical specimen and he gave a flawless performance. His positioning, tackling, when to go tight & when to stand off, everything was perfect. He was also very comfortable on the ball and pinged a couple of 60 yarders across to Son/Davies right on to their boot. It was incredible to watch at close quarters.

Toby is one of the few world class players in our league

He does have a weakness for me which is defending in the air. It's mainly when he has a static position as when he attacks the ball he invariably does well and does well on corners for example

Back