• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I didn't say that, I said that it is hard to say whether Lloris is an effective captain without first hand experience and that from a distance it can be easy to mistake making a lot of noise for being a leader.

Just going on what you actually posted.

. I think that it is telling that a lot of the players that you mention are the chest thumping style of captain so beloved of the British fans. I think that it is a common mistake to confuse making a lot of noise with leadership.

. I think that it is telling that a lot of the players that you mention are the chest thumping style of captain so beloved of the British fans. I think that it is a common mistake to confuse making a lot of noise with leadership.

he's clearly saying that just because Lloris is a different character to the players Robbo mentioned it doesn't make him any less of a leader/good candidate for the captains armband

Thanks. What you'll notice is that I did not say that any of those players were bad captains. What I was saying that there is more than one way to be a captain and it can be very difficult to judge whether someone does that effectively from the outside.

Thanks. What you'll notice is that I did not say that any of those players were bad captains. What I was saying that there is more than one way to be a captain and it can be very difficult to judge whether someone does that effectively from the outside.

Fair enough, I was not sure what you meant and that is why I put a question mark behind the question.

I didn't say that, I said that it is hard to say whether Lloris is an effective captain without first hand experience and that from a distance it can be easy to mistake making a lot of noise for being a leader.
Those players were also leaders out during a game which is just as important as in the dressing room. I have not seen lloris display those same characteristics. For example was he in the melee pulling players away or standing up for a player getting a little bit too much attention from an opponent or the referee?

Well deserved, Toby! My player of the year as well. Hasn't put a foot wrong since conceding that pen against Stoke. Best central defender we've had for as long as I can remember (King was ace, mind you, but barely played).

Who would you like to play in the CL?

- Chelsea, so we can beat them.

How do manage to have such wondeful hair?

-No comment.

You come from different clubs and styles, how did you respond to Mauricio's methods so fast?

We didn't have a choice.

Who would you like to play in the CL?

- Chelsea, so we can beat them.

How do manage to have such wondeful hair?

-No comment.

You come from different clubs and styles, how did you respond to Mauricio's methods so fast?

We didn't have a choice.

Like your style Toby...but, 1/ You had the chance Monday night 2/ You might need to take another peek at the league table ;)

Still. Love the guy, he got my vote

Those players were also leaders out during a game which is just as important as in the dressing room. I have not seen lloris display those same characteristics. For example was he in the melee pulling players away or standing up for a player getting a little bit too much attention from an opponent or the referee?

The question is, how many points is that worth a season. Alli, Dier, and Alderweireld are all current very vocal and Rose, Walker, Dembele and Kane are hardly quiet. Would it make a material difference if one of them was wearing the armband?

The question is, how many points is that worth a season. Alli, Dier, and Alderweireld are all current very vocal and Rose, Walker, Dembele and Kane are hardly quiet. Would it make a material difference if one of them was wearing the armband?
For those teams I mentioned a special captain someone the other players look up to, some one who can lift the teams when they are a bit flat, someone who says to our opponents if you mess with us we will mess you up, can be the difference between winning and losing trophies. We may not have a player like that yet but I think Kane has more of those attributes than lloris.

For those teams I mentioned a special captain someone the other players look up to, some one who can lift the teams when they are a bit flat, someone who says to our opponents if you mess with us we will mess you up, can be the difference between winning and losing trophies. We may not have a player like that yet but I think Kane has more of those attributes than lloris.

We going to go back to my first point. Without knowing the players and their relationships, it is impossible to judge who might be best placed to lift them.

When I look at our team I see a tight unit who fight for each other. I can think of countless times this season where they have stepped in to defend each other.

I also cannot remember that many times when we have been flat. All teams form fluctuates over the course of a season but we've been as consistent as anyone which is pretty remarkable given the age of the team.

We going to go back to my first point. Without knowing the players and their relationships, it is impossible to judge who might be best placed to lift them.

When I look at our team I see a tight unit who fight for each other. I can think of countless times this season where they have stepped in to defend each other.

I also cannot remember that many times when we have been flat. All teams form fluctuates over the course of a season but we've been as consistent as anyone which is pretty remarkable given the age of the team.
We need approximately 10 more points to be champions. There have definitely been games when we needed something a little bit different from what we have. Perhaps that special person could be the difference. It's only a theory. Also I don't completely agree with your point of having to know the dynamics of the changing room to see how effective a captain is. We know nothing of the dressing room dynamics in those teams. But we can tell they were great captain s.

We need approximately 10 more points to be champions. There have definitely been games when we needed something a little bit different from what we have. Perhaps that special person could be the difference. It's only a theory. Also I don't completely agree with your point of having to know the dynamics of the changing room to see how effective a captain is. We know nothing of the dressing room dynamics in those teams. But we can tell they were great captain s.

But were they great captains because they were chest thumpers? Do you need to be like that to be an effective captain? Despite the widespread acclaim for their captaincy skills, did their teams or country perform markedly better than you would expect, given the players, under their captaincy?

Back