• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

In a season when Dembele, Lloris, Rose, Walker, Dier, Ali, Kane, Lamela and Eriksen have all been superb Toby has been the best of the lot and without gets my vote for Spurs player of the season.

When you think that our team has outperformed almost every team we've come up against, it is completely scandalous that Toby has been overlooked by his peers.

Keeps him under the radar for another season.

My favorite statistic of the season so far:

Toby has played in every minute of the league season so far and has conceded just 9 fouls all season while marshalling the best defence in the league.

World Class or what?

Fouls conceded this season
Toby Alderweireld: 9
Laurent Koscielny: 25
Nicolas Otamendi: 26
Wes Morgan: 27
Robert Huth: 31
Chris Smalling: 42

All that proves is what already knew, they are a bunch of clams with little knowledge of football stealing a living.

fudge em. We don't need votes to be the best defense in the PL. And I'm sure Toby is more upset at missing out on the title than missing out on the Football tossers Association vote.

Still, it is a real disgrace for the football writers not to recognize the contributions of Alderweireld this season.

As he ran back at 95% speed, Costa caught him up and played the ball off Toby's left foot for a corner. Therefore Toby's foot was at an angle as it landed and he twisted his ankle, that's how I saw it. But I think we got the goal kick because Clatters hates Cheatski and loves Spurs. I only said that last bit to annoy some of you :p

He picked a helluva night to have an dodgy game. Hopefully he's not badly injured.

Yeah, he was at fault for both goals, but that's very easily forgivable. The team was collapsing around him and he did his bit to try to hold it together. It's times like these that I wish Hugo was a bit more vocal, though.

Yeah, he was at fault for both goals, but that's very easily forgivable. The team was collapsing around him and he did his bit to try to hold it together. It's times like these that I wish Hugo was a bit more vocal, though.

First one was his. Second for me was Walker who failed to get back having been done (twice). Left Dembele covering for him on the right and little to no protection for the centre backs who did as well as they could.

Back