• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Serious illness?

Unless he's been to a tropical country recently, he's effectively got the bricks.

It will be painful, he'll be brickting ten times a day and maybe vomiting and he shouldn't play but as long as he rests and hydrates himself, it shouldn't last too long.
Damn that lasagna the Dutch boys eat.

Guess it depends how long it lasts for - will take alot of energy away and a few days to get it back.
Could be the difference between getting a header or not - no way he should travel. Let him rest up, I'll take him some soup.

Dembele and Lamela? I've missed that - someone enlighten me!

How much distance do centre backs actually have to cover in a game? If the most hard running central midfielders get around about 10 miles a game I expect centre backs are about half that, lots of which is jogging pace.

Guess it depends how long it lasts for - will take alot of energy away and a few days to get it back.
Could be the difference between getting a header or not - no way he should travel. Let him rest up, I'll take him some soup.

Dembele and Lamela? I've missed that - someone enlighten me!
They're both fit again. no worries

How much distance do centre backs actually have to cover in a game? If the most hard running central midfielders get around about 10 miles a game I expect centre backs are about half that, lots of which is jogging pace.

Yes - the traditional stat is defenders and forwards do 5 miles, compared to midfielders' 10.

I reckon our FBs and forwards are probably much higher now, but I guess 5 miles for CBs might still be a good estimate.

Yes - the traditional stat is defenders and forwards do 5 miles, compared to midfielders' 10.

I reckon our FBs and forwards are probably much higher now, but I guess 5 miles for CBs might still be a good estimate.

Well even if he is slightly less than 100% after his dodgy stomach I find it hard to believe he couldn't cope with a five mile run around Anfield especially after two weeks 'rest'.

I assume you mean kilometres? Surely there is no way a midfielder runs as much as 10 miles in a 90 minute game?

For our fullbacks I think it's more the number of sprints that they complete as opposed to the overall distance covered.

Got my vote last night for Members player of the season. I've found it staggering that a Spurs team have had the best defensive record in the league, it's almost unthinkable when you consider some of the dross we've had at the back over the years and the soft goals we've conceded. He has been nothing short of immense this season (though I will always have that nagging annoyance from the Stoke game where he conceded the penalty unnecessarily late on! Oh to have those 2 points back now!!)

A close second was Rose who has been superb also. He gives our team the shape and attacking options needed to carve through opponents so many times this season.

What makes him our PotY is not just his play, but how his quality & consistency nailed on Hugo & Jan to remain. Not the only factor, but previous CBs had unsettled them.

Are Bronze members allowed to vote? Toby's been absolutely, unstoppably fantastic this season - I was delighted when he signed, but even I couldn't imagine how good he'd be.

Signing of the season, perhaps with the exception of Kante.

Are Bronze members allowed to vote? Toby's been absolutely, unstoppably fantastic this season - I was delighted when he signed, but even I couldn't imagine how good he'd be.

Signing of the season, perhaps with the exception of Kante.
All members can vote - you should have got an email yesterday about it.

How he is not on the list is beats me, I can understand Kane, Varney and Mahrez being in front of him but he should be in front of the others ( imo).

He'll get in to the PL team of the year though, some consolation at least. He's getting my vote for Spurs player of the year.

EDIT: I understand Payet being on the list, but Kante and Ozil? Ozil has gone missing for the most part since Xmas.

Back