• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

I read somewhere that it wasn't Emirates Marketing Project that stopped Sancho joining Spurs it was that Dortmund met the financial demands and we didn't.

There was also a big report about how they were unwilling to sell him in England because of how highly they rated him but he decided to leave. And if you believe other stories his choice was to go to United and Dortmund was being used as a Richard Gough

Club would have been mental to sign Sancho - people talk about us failing on the due diligence side of things with previous signings, well Sancho has the biggest red flags of any player going currently after his time at United. Chelsea can afford to take that sort of risk, we can't.

Hindsight Spurs FC as always. No one takes the United version BUT Chelsea seemingly taking a punt on numbers and some worked and some are still not working, great good for them but we don't have that luxury.

Hindsight Spurs FC as always. No one takes the United version BUT Chelsea seemingly taking a punt on numbers and some worked and some are still not working, great good for them but we don't have that luxury.
It wasn't really hindsight as I was talking a out signing him directly from City. That doesn't invalidate his poor form for United but as a player I liked him (and still do to an extent) when he was initially leaving City. I won't lie I do believe that if Ooch had gotten him, he would haven't had the issues that he had at United.

It wasn't really hindsight as I was talking a out signing him directly from City. That doesn't invalidate his poor form for United but as a player I liked him (and still do to an extent) when he was initially leaving City. I won't lie I do believe that if Ooch had gotten him, he would haven't had the issues that he had at United.
Of course but to a man no one mentioned wanting any version of Sancho last season which is my point. I like him BTW but can see why we never got him back in the day or in the summer.

Sons end product wide is ok
But this season he has had the goals vs Everton but either side of that he hasn’t “fired”
Add in Brentford where he got the assists but should have had at least one goal and another assist is a worry for me
He didn’t actually shoot either time when through one on one… that was blizzards for son
We will see what evolves now because w have options and that’s the key

He’s always going to miss changes but his end product will always be better than Werner’s who should have 3 goals in 2 games but instead has none. Son at the very least has notched a couple of goals and an assist. Son may miss 1-2 out of 10, Werner will miss 9/10.

On the subject in had as alluded to in the other thread, yes Werner has missed guilt edge chances and GHod its a concern, but he has been nowhere as bad as I see people say. I thought on Sunday him and Udogie were excellent down the left and gave them problems, I didn't think he was horrific last night either in all honesty. The issue now is his misses he has to own but they create a crosshair on his back and one where people will go harder on him than the reality whilst giving others an easier ride, thats the game I suppose

There was also a big report about how they were unwilling to sell him in England because of how highly they rated him but he decided to leave. And if you believe other stories his choice was to go to United and Dortmund was being used as a Richard Gough

They wanted walker. We could have made it a part of the deal.

They wanted walker. We could have made it a part of the deal.

Maybe but as I say with politics likely at play which was heavily reported at the time even if we had wanted to or not they get Walker anyway such is and was the difference in Power between City and Spurs

Maybe but as I say with politics likely at play which was heavily reported at the time even if we had wanted to or not they get Walker anyway such is and was the difference in Power between City and Spurs

Maybe. But walker had a contract and if anyone can not blink in a deal it's levy. Guessing we didn't want sancho that much. Rather than city being more powerful.

On the subject in had as alluded to in the other thread, yes Werner has missed guilt edge chances and GHod its a concern, but he has been nowhere as bad as I see people say. I thought on Sunday him and Udogie were excellent down the left and gave them problems, I didn't think he was horrific last night either in all honesty. The issue now is his misses he has to own but they create a crosshair on his back and one where people will go harder on him than the reality whilst giving others an easier ride, thats the game I suppose
I know it's a matter of opinion and personal taste but for me his performance was incompete to call it excellent. I think if he had finished either chance on Sunday then it might be fair to call it so, but he is a forward and his primary task is to score or create and when he worked into those 3 situations he ultimately failed.

For me it's a bit like the earliest matches of this season eg Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine where we played lots of neat stuff between the boxes but didn't actually create a great deal. Those weren't excellent performances, I'd find it hard to even say they good in a complete sense. The passing between boxes was good but when it came to the crunch areas we were poor a bit like Werner imo.

It's a shame with him because he does a lot well except the key parts which is ultimately where and when it really matters.

I know it's a matter of opinion and personal taste but for me his performance was incompete to call it excellent. I think if he had finished either chance on Sunday then it might be fair to call it so, but he is a forward and his primary task is to score or create and when he worked into those 3 situations he ultimately failed.

For me it's a bit like the earliest matches of this season eg Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine where we played lots of neat stuff between the boxes but didn't actually create a great deal. Those weren't excellent performances, I'd find it hard to even say they good in a complete sense. The passing between boxes was good but when it came to the crunch areas we were poor a bit like Werner imo.

It's a shame with him because he does a lot well except the key parts which is ultimately where and when it really matters.

Yeah it’s a bit like a defender playing well for the most part but then making an error like the one Dragusin made against Qarabag and saying they played excellent.

TBF I said him and Udogie were excellent down the left, as a partnership I stand by it, they were a dangerous threat.

In relation to the other I suppose its a matter of mindset, a few of us on here said they were alot better and looked a basis to push on which has been the case whilst others saw them as the end of the world because we didn't get the result.

Goals matter at the end of the day. The same way people were going for BJ for not having end product. Same is needed for Timo. He needs to start finding the net.

Maybe. But walker had a contract and if anyone can not blink in a deal it's levy. Guessing we didn't want sancho that much. Rather than city being more powerful.

True but we have also always known our limit and ultimately sold those players when its come to the crunch.

True but we have also always known our limit and ultimately sold those players when its come to the crunch.

Yep. But also got probably the best deal possible. Even if that means selling to a foreign team for less money (if you know what I mean).

Also sancho might have just preferred dortmund.

Yep. But also got probably the best deal possible. Even if that means selling to a foreign team for less money (if you know what I mean).

Also sancho might have just preferred dortmund.
Wasn't it in that period when youth were being advised to go there and Holland?

Goals matter at the end of the day. The same way people were going for BJ for not having end product. Same is needed for Timo. He needs to start finding the net.

People went after BJ because he missed opps in a game we lost (and who we lost to mattered), and that's flimflam. The Werner thing is totally overdone, yes he's as composed in front of the goal as Emerson Royal, yes, he should convert ..

But, he clearly fits the system, he's positionally disciplined, his pace means the opposition needs to cover, and it creates space for others. Even the VDV assist, if you look at the frame before VDV drives into the box, Werner is wide left and there is a line of players all the way across to BJ, it pulls defenders/gives them something to think about.

If his playing allows us to rotate, other players score (maybe a few could get on to the end of his crosses) and we continue to win, it's a fudging nothing burger to me. He's obviously not going to stay next season, he's an obvious upgrade but as cover. rotation and allowing us to perhaps bed in Moore gently.

Spurs fans and this constant belief good sides have 100% elite players in them

People went after BJ because he missed opps in a game we lost (and who we lost to mattered), and that's flimflam. The Werner thing is totally overdone, yes he's as composed in front of the goal as Emerson Royal, yes, he should convert ..

But, he clearly fits the system, he's positionally disciplined, his pace means the opposition needs to cover, and it creates space for others. Even the VDV assist, if you look at the frame before VDV drives into the box, Werner is wide left and there is a line of players all the way across to BJ, it pulls defenders/gives them something to think about.

If his playing allows us to rotate, other players score (maybe a few could get on to the end of his crosses) and we continue to win, it's a fudging nothing burger to me. He's obviously not going to stay next season, he's an obvious upgrade but as cover. rotation and allowing us to perhaps bed in Moore gently.

Spurs fans and this constant belief good sides have 100% elite players in them
Great post and I agree 100%. Excellent point on his hand in the first goal that most people won't appreciate too. The gap between Dalot and De Ligt is there because of Werner.

Couldn't agree with the bolded bit more. The amount of times I've seen "he's not a top 4" player always makes me laugh. There's no such thing.

When the chips were down in the run in under Conte the season we pipped Woolwich to top 4, Davinson Sanchez stepped in and was excellent. He was playing alongside Dier and Royal - all three were regularly termed "not top 4 players".

Back